Ok - GARMIN 60Csx - Again... But TOPO

OK, my question is regarding the 60Csx in general and the TOPO..

I have the 2009 City Navigator® North America NT and TOPO U.S. 2008[/i]...

I have a 2 gig microSD card..

ok, I basically installed all of North America and Canada On the City Navigator, and California, Nevada, Arizona and Oregon from the TOPO..

When i start up the GPS all loads... But, i cannot see any TOPO.. when i zoom in it looks exactly the same..

Can anyone talk me thru the process or email me with their phone #'s and ill call you? i need HELP!

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

I want to be able to see a trail im on.. and know that if the trail is going left but the arrow is pointing right that the trail will eventually turn the right way.. if thats even possible.. Is ToPO worth it? I mostly Geocache in the city of Clovis and Fresno since im new.. But, i see myself going into the mountains for some harder caches.. if i take my kids.. i wanna be able to see the trial... if possible...

Do in need the TOPO U.S. 24K - West

Thanks!!

Edited by jnkharris93611

ok, I basically installed all of North America and Canada On the City Navigator, and California, Nevada, Arizona and Oregon from the TOPO..

When i start up the GPS all loads... But, i cannot see any TOPO.. when i zoom in it looks exactly the same..

Can anyone talk me thru the process or email me with their phone #'s and ill call you? i need HELP!

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

I want to be able to see a trail im on.. and know that if the trail is going left but the arrow is pointing right that the trail will eventually turn the right way.. if thats even possible.. Is ToPO worth it? I mostly Geocache in the city of Clovis and Fresno since im new.. But, i see myself going into the mountains for some harder caches.. if i take my kids.. i wanna be able to see the trial... if possible...

Thanks!!

Under the maps selection did you un-select the other maps. I did this with mine and was able to bring up my topos. I think I'm going to Place the other maps on a seperate card to make it easer.

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Under the maps selection did you un-select the other maps. I did this with mine and was able to bring up my topos. I think I'm going to Place the other maps on a seperate card to make it easer.

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

I only have one check box.. for TOPO..

From there, hit your Menu button, and you should get a dialog box with something like:

Show (or Hide) Basemap

Show (or Hide) TOPO

Show (or Hide) City Navigator

Sorry, going from memory here. One by one, hide all except TOPO. If the selection is "Hide", that map is being displayed. Scroll down to highlight and hit enter. Repeat until only TOPO is listed as "Hide".

Hope this helps,

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

I have the same setup! But I had no idea it would hold the entire NA Nav I only installed VA), much less a few ToPo maps??? Do you still have room for geocache querys????

I have the same setup! But I had no idea it would hold the entire NA Nav I only installed VA), much less a few ToPo maps??? Do you still have room for geocache querys????

Yep! The 60 CSx holds 1000 waypoints in internal memory (regardless of the SD chip). Should be enough to get you through a day. :D

Go to:

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/

There are FREE much higher quality topo maps there for all those states except OR and I think someone is making one for OR.

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Anubis93611@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

The gps can only show 1 map (topo, city navigator, etc..) at a time. It doesn`t overlay. This is why you have to switch back and forth.