Video of a Day of Geocaching

Headhardhat

This episode of GeoSnippits is a bit different. Instead of our normal format we take you straight out onto the road for a nine minute Day of Geocaching. Here our hair and clothes are not neat and tidy 'cuz when you go geocaching you get dirty, scraped up by briers and bushes, tired after long treks through dense woods, that kind of thing. In this video you will see examples of each of the known sizes and many different types of geocaches just as they were found. It is a sun up to sun down geocaching experience.

-HHH :bad:

Edited by Headhardhat

This episode of GeoSnippits is a bit different. Instead of our normal format we take you straight out onto the road for a nine minute Day of Geocaching. Here our hair and clothes are not neat and tidy 'cuz when you go geocaching you get dirty, scraped up by briers and bushes, tired after long treks through dense woods, that kind of thing. In this video you will see examples of each of the known sizes and many different types of geocaches just as they were found. It is a sun up to sun down geocaching experience.

Your videos get better each time. Like how you show 'newbies' the differnt kinds of caches.

FTP (8:15am EST) TFTV

Watchdog2020

I agree 100%. In fact, I hopped over to the "Topics" page, where just two days ago a video clip of a show called "Geo Man" was put up for critique. I mentioned in my last post there (made just minutes ago) that THIS is an example of what a proper geocaching show should look like, not that poorly executed piece that THEY were showing. I like HeadHardHat's idea MUCH better.

Nice instructional video however I didn't like the reference to "cutting down or mowing down" when bushwhacking. Someone might take that literally and with some environmentalist opposition to our sport, the last thing we need are people going after caches wielding machetes.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to go back and watch it again to catch that. I'd be curious to ask him just how literally he meant that. When I bushwhack, I try to not to harm as much of the ground cover as possible, but it's pretty inevitable that I'm going to step on and break a vine or branch along the way. However, as long as you're not deliberately cutting down vegetation at will, I think you're OK.

Nice instructional video however I didn't like the reference to "cutting down or mowing down" when bushwhacking. Someone might take that literally and with some environmentalist opposition to our sport, the last thing we need are people going after caches wielding machetes.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to go back and watch it again to catch that. I'd be curious to ask him just how literally he meant that. When I bushwhack, I try to not to harm as much of the ground cover as possible, but it's pretty inevitable that I'm going to step on and break a vine or branch along the way. However, as long as you're not deliberately cutting down vegetation at will, I think you're OK.

Great question... I use the term bushwacking for anything that does not utilize a path or trail. I never feel that a tool to "cut down" or damage the existing fawna should be used. Didn't realize I actually said the word cut till it was mentioned. We only have one planet and need to keep it as untouched as we can.. Thanks for asking though, I'll make an annotation to the movie..

Edited by Headhardhat

Nicely done. I see that you added a note about avoiding damage while bushwacking to it.

So, have you found a spot to place the big ol' turtle shell cache?

Nicely done. I see that you added a note about avoiding damage while bushwacking to it.

So, have you found a spot to place the big ol' turtle shell cache?

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really do appreciate all the comments I get.. The turtle shell has become quite the conversation and I have received dozens of responses asking what I am going to do with it for a geocache.. I personally can't wait to put it out though I am currently doing some repairs to it at the moment. Some of the outside is peeling a bit so I am glueing those down. Once complete I have several spots I want to try. It will be great no matter where it ends up...

-HHH :lol:

Hey HHH! Just wanted to add my thanks to everybody else's. Your videos are not only educational, but also fun to watch. As a matter of fact my nephews were over at my place today and I introduced them to your videos. They seemed to really like them so I think you've got some new young viewers to add to your regular watchers. Thanks for the great service you provide!!!! :(

-HHH :(

Great service with the video to newbies. Fact, with the temps up this way lately and all the ice on the ground, I've been doing my geocaching thru your videos. I'm sure anyone just starting is thrilled get this introduction, before they hit the trail.

Much appreciated.

Swampy