Magellan Triton 2000 VS. Garmin 60CSx

iANNAi

I used to have a 60csx and I currently have a Triton 2000. The 2000 has many more features and a better compass. The 60csx is easier to use and more reliable. I also have a Oregon 300 and that is the one I by far like above the other 2. If there are a few software fixes on the 2000 I could see me liking that one better. The Triton line as of now has no turn by turn street maps, which I use alot when caching. And the triton has no mark cache as found option, which is really annoying. The 60csx has both of these. If you don't mind losing the paperless caching the 60csx is the way to go. If you want the paperless caching, which is really cool. Either live with the deficiancies of the triton and hope they get better, or get an oregon.

Im looking at the magellan triton 2000 and the garmin 60csx which is better.

thanks

Should you ever need a repair, you would rather have a Garmin.

Rvrguyd says go with Garmin. You may want to consider a garmin etrex legend hcx. The unit is light weight and has a new chip set that works better in tree canopy environments. One downside to Garmin is that you need to buy a license to update your road map and it is only good for one gps unit. Invest in the topo software and put a 1 gig card in your unit and you'll be able to download almost half of the US topo onto one card. Each topo line is about 56' vertical and includes streams and trails.

I have a Triton 2000 and a PN-40. Last weekend I went caching with a friend who has a 60csx. We used all three GPS's and at the end of the day I liked the Triton 2000 the best of the three. It is extremely accurate, keeps sat. lock very well and has a lot of customizable features and includes a camera. The -40 was not as accurate and the screen is small but I do like the imagery you can download to the unit. The 60csx was OK but nothing special. Some caches it was fairly accurate but others it was way off. The Triton was the most consistant. Plus the firmware has been fixed now and works very well too.

As I understand it, the Triton 1500 is identical to the 2000 minus the camera. Is this correct? Does it perform as well as the 2000 otherwise? Does it have the same firmware updates as the 2000?

Thanks.

The 1500 also loses the compass and barometer. But other than that and the camera the hardware is the same. I can't speak on the firmware as I've never used a 1500.

The 60csx was OK but nothing special. Some caches it was fairly accurate but others it was way off. The Triton was the most consistant. Plus the firmware has been fixed now and works very well too.

That's not a measure of accuracy. You have no idea how accurate the owner's GPS was.

I was just comparing it to the T2000 and the PN-40 and it did not stack up favorably, that is all I was saying.