downlosding Caches in my Magellan Explorist 500

Rosemark

I can download the caches to my computer and put then on a SD card for my GPS (Magellan explorist 500) they download as a GPX file, but I can't get my GPS to recognize the file? Help Please.

Your gps will not recognize a .gpx file. It will need to be converted to a .gs file first. You can get Mapsend Lite or VantagePoint software to do this and send it to your gps. Both are free and can be downloaded from Magellan's website.

I use a free program called GSAK that helps me organize my Caches and also use the Explorist 500. I go to the geocaching.com website and "Build a Pocket Query" and have that emailed to me, then save the file into the GSAK program, open a database named whatever I want to call it, save those files into that database and then click on the GPS button (after setting up and letting it know I am using a Magellan Explorist 500) and click send waypoints while the SD card is plugged into my laptop. Then I am ready to go.

I use a free program called GSAK that helps me organize my Caches and also use the Explorist 500. I go to the geocaching.com website and "Build a Pocket Query" and have that emailed to me, then save the file into the GSAK program, open a database named whatever I want to call it, save those files into that database and then click on the GPS button (after setting up and letting it know I am using a Magellan Explorist 500) and click send waypoints while the SD card is plugged into my laptop. Then I am ready to go.

Once learned GSAK is the best way to go. But there is no need to remove the sd card from the gps though.