Not receiving Owner Notifications

I too have not been receiving notifications, both for cachers visiting my caches or for my Geocoins and TB's being moved.

I have also noticed that when I send an email to another cacher, it comes back as 'Error' and try again.

I don't know whether my emails have been sent or not, but I suspect not because I haven't had any replies yet.

I even sent one to myself and I am still waiting.

Is it the snow?... :laughing:

We have been caching a couple of years now and have NOT recieved one cache log find or DNF of cachers (PhilPamAndRob). The annoying bit is Phil has probably FTFed 80% of our cachers, and we can only find out via him e-mailing us or going onto the cache page to find it :D

Worse things happen at sea I suppose.

Mike (Team Marzipan)

PS,

We have one of our caches that we get NO logs coming through on on.

We have been caching a couple of years now and have NOT recieved one cache log find or DNF of cachers (PhilPamAndRob). The annoying bit is Phil has probably FTFed 80% of our cachers, and we can only find out via him e-mailing us or going onto the cache page to find it :D

Mike (Team Marzipan)

PS,

S'ok Mike.... Even with having no logs over the weekend, Phil and I managed to grab an FTF within half an hour of it being live!!!

Crazy that you don't get email notifications of Phil's antics...

We have been caching a couple of years now and have NOT recieved one cache log find or DNF of cachers (PhilPamAndRob). The annoying bit is Phil has probably FTFed 80% of our cachers, and we can only find out via him e-mailing us or going onto the cache page to find it :)

Mike (Team Marzipan)

PS,

You're not the only ones Mike. We don't get logs of PP&R either. I read somewhere the other day that the notifications don't get sent out from WAP logs. Maybe that's how Phil logs the caches. Other than that it's just the odd one off sporadic caches that we don't get.

You're not the only ones Mike. We don't get logs of PP&R either. I read somewhere the other day that the notifications don't get sent out from WAP logs. Maybe that's how Phil logs the caches. Other than that it's just the odd one off sporadic caches that we don't get.

I know PP&R don't frequen these parts, so as a cacher that tags along sometimes, I can tell you this....

PP&R DON'T use WAP... this is the only man I know that bought a Colorado and still only uses it as a back up - he still uses his little yellow and paper print outs!!! Yes he has a PDA, but has only just got to grips with Memory Map!!!

No.....

PP&R log in the traditional manner!

Hazel is correct (she knows me well)

I have a good old yellow E-trex and know how to use it. If its just one of two caches I can quickly enter waypoints and off I go.

The Colorado needs more preparation (downloading caches etc). I do that for a pre-planned session and have started to use it, but I still have the e-trex as well.

The PDA is brilliant for memory map, but battery life in the field is limited. I have also downloaded listing to it in GPXSonar. Its also been used for Wherigos (though I now want to try the Colorado on some)

and as regards logging, its via good old www.geocaching.com! I have occaisionally used the PDA via wi-fi sat in McDonalds, but its slow and fiddly!

No as regards e-mails, I too have missed logs from cache finds and coin/TB movements, but have no particular ones where I never get them!