Trouble with PQ's

Parabola

Ok, today I was trying to update my PQ and get my GPSr up to date. It's been a week or two since my last PQ. So I checked the box to run my normal PQ that I use and I clicked on the my find's PQ as well. I got the my find's PQ but the other one never showed up. So i went and looked and acording to the site the PQ ran, but I didn't get it. So I made a copy of that PQ and ran it again. Same thing, the PQ ran but I never recieved it.

It's not in my junk folder or anything. The my find's PQ came fine. Is anyone else having a problem? It's not that it's taking a long time to run, I'm not getting them but it show's they ran.

I've looked up on my account and my e-mail is good. I've been getting watchlist notifaction's and new cache alert's.

Help...I've only got two more PQ's I can run before I'm maxed out for 24 hour's and really would like to get updated for the week.

Since you got your my finds PQ, this makes me wonder if you have an alternate email address on the PQ that you didn't receive (the my finds pq can't be redirected to another email like other PQ's can be).

Its toward the bottom, one of the last settings.

As a side note, here in about 3 hours, you can run all 5 again, the clock starts over at midnight (pacific time), not every 24 hours.

I just check that setting and it's set to send to account's e-mail address. It's like they are lost in internet land somewhere. but I would think that "my find's PQ" would be lost as well. I double checked my set e-mail address and that is correct. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with getting a PQ other than one taking a while to run. But these are running very quickly, just I'm not receiving them.

That's nice to know the 5 PQ limit is reset at midnite. Thanks.

Generated "my finds" earlier but did not receive the mail. Now I must wait 7 days to get it. :laughing:

It is probably stuck in a Groundspeak server. It will come eventually.

Seems everyone is having PQ trouble this weekend.

It would nice to receive acknowledgment, status and etf information.

Add me to the list.

Ran 4 queries, including My Finds, last night just after 8pm. Received My Finds at 8:11, the rest never showed up though it says they generated between 8:13 and 8:15.

Everything sent to Account Email and nothing caught as spam.

Figures I would clear my GPS first... :laughing::huh:

I am having the same problem since last night. Even tried having them sent to different email accounts but get nothing.

:) GS is obviously experiencing some PQ data server issues. Hopeful these will be resolved soon :) . I have been having PQ retrieval problems for a couple of days :) . If I run a single PQ it will run fine :sad: , however more than one will not run :huh: . I generally run all five a once, once a month. :laughing:

All of my 3 sunday PQs ran (last generation time about 10 minutes different). But only 1 arrived by mail (about 4 hours ago).

GC.com says on the PQ page: "However, a maximum of 5 queries can be run each day." That is perfectly true. My 3 PQs ran. They don't promise that the PQs are also sent to your mail account...

I am hoping a mod would comment soon on one of the thread's going. This e-mail problem is more than just PQ's and watchlist notifaction's are not working as well.

And what would you expect the MOD to say? Something is obviously broken and a MOD can't fix it. I didn't get my PQ either. We had gotten used to 24/7 PQ service. Time to get used to the new reality.

I am hoping a mod would comment soon on one of the thread's going. This e-mail problem is more than just PQ's and watchlist notifaction's are not working as well.

And what would you expect the MOD to say? Something is obviously broken and a MOD can't fix it. I didn't get my PQ either. We had gotten used to 24/7 PQ service. Time to get used to the new reality.

I would expect the mod to say....yes, something is wrong, it's not you or your email provider, it is on OUR SIDE (sometimes you never know).

OF COURSE we've been used to 24/7 PQ service, that's what we pay for.

Has the fine print changed? What "new reality" must we get used to?

I'm not going to beat Ground speak up, because they would never take such a shrill tone toward their members.......but your comment is.......ummmmm........I'll be nice. :laughing:

I am hoping a mod would comment soon on one of the thread's going. This e-mail problem is more than just PQ's and watchlist notification's are not working as well.

Something to the effect, yes we know there is a problem and someone will or is looking into it. Or maybe a "Working on it" would be nice. :laughing: I doubt it will be fixed today any way's. It's almost a national holiday. Just would be nice to hear if TPTB know there is a problem or not.

I really don't need a PQ today, so I'm not that worked up about it. I usually only run a PQ once or twice a week. But this is affecting more than just PQ's. No notification's are going out at all. Few owner log notification's are going threw, few Travel bug log notification's are going threw and so on... I just noticed this with a PQ first then noticed I didn't get an owner log notification. I haven't looked threw my TB's to see if one of them may have moved yet.

If I really, really needed to find a cache today I would just pull the info from the cache page via the GPX link or print it out. But now I'm wondering if all the TB's and coin's I picked up yesterday, if the owner's got a notification of them being picked up.

Just wanted to be part of the team, I too am not receiving the PQ's.

I re-established my premium account today as I have been out of the mix for a few and I did receive the e-mail stating I am now a premium member. The Quaries however, did not make it through.

dadgum, the first nice day in awhile, I really wanted to get out there. Since I have been out of the mix for awhile I don't even have an old PQ to get me on the road.

Oh well, as the rest, I'll wait for my PQs and get out there when I can.

Ray

I just chatted briefly with Michael on the phone and they are on it. Rebooting right now. They are aware of both issues.

Rebooting, that is so funny. My IT department says that the first thing when we call from in the field. Did you Reboot? Don't even call us unless you Rebooted. If you call us and you did not Reboot, we will not service you until the next business day. Soooo funny. Perhaps the GC.com end users should have the option to Reboot GS. :laughing:

I just chatted briefly with Michael on the phone and they are on it. Rebooting right now. They are aware of both issues.

Thanks!!

ummm.......maybe someone in the server department should be in charge of a health check on days off. This is a for pay feature.

(not mtn-man's department just putting it out there)

I just started getting emails from GC again

Same here. I'm somewhat surprised because two of the queries that I ran yesterday have shown up...the last few times this has happened, whatever PQ's I had run, they just got lost in the ether and never showed up. Either way, good to see things getting back on track.

Bruce