"invalid" file problem

Pharmadude

I frequently have to run the process several times to upload a file to my nuvi 750

The error message I get is as follows:

"The file C:\Program Files\Garmin/Geocache TourGuide.gpx is invalid. Do you want to want to continue?"

(sic)

Pressing YES or NO in each case terminates the process.

The files are in the specified folder but do not upload to the device.

In the past it has worked after several attempts.

Now it is simply not working at all.

There seem to be many 'flavours' of the GPX file 'standard'.

Maybe you should try an unmolested file directly from geocaching.com into your GPS.

If that doesn't work, import that into GSAK, and export as a separate GPX file and try to send that to your GPS.

Can't think of anything else right now. But, you are not trying to send the ZIP of the GPX to your GPS right?

There seem to be many 'flavours' of the GPX file 'standard'.

Maybe you should try an unmolested file directly from geocaching.com into your GPS.

If that doesn't work, import that into GSAK, and export as a separate GPX file and try to send that to your GPS.

Can't think of anything else right now. But, you are not trying to send the ZIP of the GPX to your GPS right?

The problem is specifically related to the GSAK nuvi macro by pilotsnipes, so I have moved my query to that forum. Thanks!