Geocaching for Trackables only

mrmaness

Yes, being a premium member, you can run a pocket query and check the box that says "Have Travel Bugs".

This doesn't work.

You get a lot of listings with trackable items but the items are not in the cache. The only way to see if a trackable item is in a cache is to read all the past logs anbd see if it has been reported as missing. Even though geocachers report the items are missing the system has no way to record that information. The only way to see if a trackable item is in a cache is to read the logs.

Using PQ's for trackable items is a garbage in -> garbage out query, it is useless.

Yes, being a premium member, you can run a pocket query and check the box that says "Have Travel Bugs".

This doesn't work.

You get a lot of listings with trackable items but the items are not in the cache. The only way to see if a trackable item is in a cache is to read all the past logs anbd see if it has been reported as missing. Even though geocachers report the items are missing the system has no way to record that information. The only way to see if a trackable item is in a cache is to read the logs.

Using PQ's for trackable items is a garbage in -> garbage out query, it is useless.

You could always just do a regular search and look for the trackable icon

This doesn't work.

You could always just do a regular search and look for the trackable icon

That's what the PQ does. Wavector is trying to make a point by saying that it doesn't work as the the bugs aren't always in the cache even though they are listed and the only way to truly know is through research.

I'm a cache cop so a regularly use the 'with TBs' PQ and search for missing bugs in my area, then get them removed. A PQ round here would be pretty accurate.

You're welcome. :bad:

Edited by BlueDeuce

I'm a cache cop....

Where is your deputy badge? :bad:

Yes, the point I was making is it doesn't work.

It is broken.

The cache listing pages don't work, the PQ's don't work.

It is broken everywhere.

In areas where people are proactive about trying to correct the problem it is a little better but trackables are entering limbo minute by minute and the issue is widespread. If you happen to live a few miles from BD or Keystone then things may be a little better, I see Keystone says he tries to do something once a year and I am not sure how far Deuce stretches his activism.

Without an activist (cache cop) writing emails to reviewers about caches and trackables they do not even own the problem just keeps growing.

The advice briansnat gave you is wrong, don't think a PQ can be used to seacrch trackables, that doesn't work.