A confused Smiley coin?

TEAM HARTSOCK

Simply a horrible picture. That seller is not known for taking a photo that looks like what they are selling. You should inquire with that seller what the enamel and metal colors are for sure. Most likely yellow/red enamel and gold metal. Hard to tell from that photo.

TMA

I wondered about that myself, but he specifically states in the description that it is a rare white faced one. Not sure what that means. I can see a photo dulling the colors or not being quite as true as in real life, but this one just seems too far off to be a photo color variation. I will email them and see what they say about the colors and finish.

Simply a horrible picture. That seller is not known for taking a photo that looks like what they are selling. You should inquire with that seller what the enamel and metal colors are for sure. Most likely yellow/red enamel and gold metal. Hard to tell from that photo.

TMA

that is a rather nasty thing to say btw.

the rest of the sellers pics look just fine. and each computer monitor is going to display a photo differently. but anyone can tell by looking at this pic that it is not simpy a matter of a colour shift in the photo.

rsg

Looking at the wrong auction, comments removed, wtih apologies to the actual seller. You should inquire with that seller what the enamel and metal colors are for sure. Most likely yellow/red enamel and gold metal. Hard to tell from that photo.

TMA

the rest of the sellers pics look just fine. and each computer monitor is going to display a photo differently. but anyone can tell by looking at this pic that it is not simpy a matter of a colour shift in the photo.

rsg

Nice to see you're back to your old self again :antenna:

Team Olsson Posted Today, 02:46 PM

The photo is correct and that was sold at Geoswag.

Could someone link me to the coin that was sold at Geoswag with a white face smiley please? Thanks.

TMA

Edited by The Moop Along

Looking at the wrong auction, comments removed, wtih apologies to the actual seller. You should inquire with that seller what the enamel and metal colors are for sure. Most likely yellow/red enamel and gold metal. Hard to tell from that photo.

TMA

rsg

Nice to see you're back to your old self again :D ...

thanks! good to be back on the watch for nastiness and mouthiness, doncha know. :antenna:

rsg

WOW I am shocked by this thread and just noticed it.

The colors are the right colors and i stated this in the discription and here is a copy of it that was there since it was posted.

This is the rare white version of the Found It Geocoin.

This has a smiley face with white background.

This is Trackable At Geocaching.com

TMA

rsg

That was not me posting the wrong color and bad looking photos.

If i cant get a good enough photo or find one i just through the coins in the back of the file cabinet.

I had seen some of those and they made me feal good as not all of mine are perfect.

I did go ahead and edit the coin a little. LOL

I did recieve a nice email from The Moop Along and it is all good.

The colors are the right colors and i stated this in the discription and here is a copy of it that was there since it was posted.

River Cacher,

I hope you realize I wasn't questioning you on this, but was looking for history of the coin. I wasn't sure if it was intentionally made that way or if it was an error. When I was younger, I used to collect alot of baseball cards and of course if an error came through the printing and then they corrected it, the errors that had gotten released were a hot item. Eventhough I wasnt interested in buying the coin, I wondered if it could have been an error in production or if in past years before I started caching if prehaps the smileys looked different or what. When I couldn't find anything online by doing a search, I posted this. I figured with the way people here are very knowledgeable with the coins, this would get me some quick answers. Sorry if anything here offended you.

River Cacher,

I hope you realize I wasn't questioning you on this, but was looking for history of the coin. I wasn't sure if it was intentionally made that way or if it was an error. When I was younger, I used to collect alot of baseball cards and of course if an error came through the printing and then they corrected it, the errors that had gotten released were a hot item. Eventhough I wasnt interested in buying the coin, I wondered if it could have been an error in production or if in past years before I started caching if prehaps the smileys looked different or what. When I couldn't find anything online by doing a search, I posted this. I figured with the way people here are very knowledgeable with the coins, this would get me some quick answers. Sorry if anything here offended you.

It is all good and you never know with me because i am far from perfect and i will make mistakes.

We all try the best we can to be perfect but it is a lost cause.

Take Care and remember to :D

Okay, so after all the talk about this coin, I put a bid on it and won it. Just got it yesterday and I still haven't found anything about this coin anywhere....

The icon is a normal micro smiley....but what is with the blue face on the coin? I can't find if it was a special run or what. I activated it through Oakcoins and sent them an email, but still I thought I should be able to find a pic of it at there site or somewhere and I just can't.

Anyone know what the deal is? as far as history of it or production run? anything?

Got my answer from Oakcoins (and I am pretty pleased by it):

Scott,

Yes, what you bought is an error coin. There were 300 gold coins made with the blue coloring instead of the yellow colors. You get the regular yellow-faced icon because this coin was supposed to be a regular yellow Found It! Micro.

Oakcoins...i liked this micro very much. :D

So maybe you can make more errors. :lol:

Geo.error smile coin TB2C815

Here is my coin just like that one.

My brother took it on vacation and i thought he dropped it.

I may have to get it back and go drop it somewhere so it can keep infecting the world with smiles :lol:

I love the coin RC. I honestly wasn't expecting to bid on it, just thought it was interesting. Then the more people posted on this thread, the more I got to liking it. lol. Thanks for that one and the other two as well.