Guardians of the Night Geocoin

SUCKERISH

It is already almost noon on the 25th (in China.)

Well then, if that's the case, I'll just have to post the photo and release it for sale very soon...say within the next 3 hours.

I think I'll be sleeping in 3 hours. :D

I'm going to post in the morning (PST time) rather than tonight. I just finished my evening meetings, and now need to get my kids into bed. :blink: Thanks for understanding!

Introducing the Guardians of the Night HALLOW'S EVE Edition

SPOOK-1.jpg

This just might be my favorite version yet! I hope everyone enjoys the Hallow's Eve edition.

The coin is black nickel with orange glitter behind the owl. On the dreamcatcher side, the orange glows in the dark and there are black gemstones in the weave.

60 available immediately - email me at geocoinsbysuckerish@hotmail.com

I will take reservations and mint more if there is interest

Price $12.00 each. Shipping prices are the same as the prior releases.

Let me know if you have questions - Tambe

Edited by SUCKERISH

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on the Hallow's Eve Guardians of the Night geocoin! Many orders have already been sent out, and many more are shipping tomorrow 9/29.

The Hallow's Eve version is currently sold out. But, if you are interested in it, drop me an email and I'll start a remint list. If there is enough interest, I'll place a remint order.

Looking foward to your posts when the coins arrive :)

Got mine today, so nice. My first geocoin, woo!

quick question though. How do I activate it. Never done this before and the little slip with the coin doesn't have anything after activation code:

You need to go to www.oakcoins.com/activate and enter the number from the coin to get the activation code. Then go to geocaching.com and enter both numbers for the activation. The slip just provides a place for you to write the code down.

Note: If you send your coin out into the wild, do not send the activation code with it.

Got mine today, so nice. My first geocoin, woo!

quick question though. How do I activate it. Never done this before and the little slip with the coin doesn't have anything after activation code:

I have all the codes, so if you have trouble finding it on Oakcoins website, just send me an email.

okay, it's all clear now :lol:

I'm not planning on sending this one out, but I should get the activation code anyways, just not actually activate it?

Depends on how large you expect your coin collecting to become. The larger the number of coins you have the more complicated it is to keep track of which site is hosting which coin's code. Said info is useful should you want to sell or trade or activate the coin in the future.

Edited by Droo

okay, it's all clear now :lol:

I'm not planning on sending this one out, but I should get the activation code anyways, just not actually activate it?

Get the code, Oakcoins will only let that code out one time and it's associated with your Email address, so someone can't (intentionally, or accidentally) retrieve your code once you have.

Do not leave the code in the flip if you send the coin out in the wild as we've seen happen.

And, whether you decide to activate the coin or not, keep that activation code.

That may sound like a no brainer, but I just went through a situation where I needed the activation code for a coin that I'd bought pre-activated. You can eventually get it, but it's a PITA.

If you ever sell, trade, or give the coin away, activated or not, pass the activation code along to the new owner.

Have fun with coins, you've picked a nice one to get started with!

It's been a while since I made these coins, and I've randomly still received interest in the coins. So, I'm asking if there is any interest for either a few new versions or a remint of any of the existing versions. I've been toying with the idea of a Valentines version (antique silver with pink glitter) and thought a satin gold with dark blue glitter would be nice. Thoughts?

It's been a while since I made these coins, and I've randomly still received interest in the coins. So, I'm asking if there is any interest for either a few new versions or a remint of any of the existing versions. I've been toying with the idea of a Valentines version (antique silver with pink glitter) and thought a satin gold with dark blue glitter would be nice. Thoughts?

How 'bout antique nickel instead of antique silver with the pink glitter. Or perhaps satin silver. And glitter 185. :anibad:

CF30

I would put in a bit of red color for a Valentine version (but maybe that's too predictable?). And how about a glow-in-the-dark version? Seems appropriate for this 'night' coin.

Oh, and I would produce a few new versions rather than remint the old ones. This way the old ones stay as 'rare' as they are and don't suffer from inflation, and the the new versions may also interest people who already own the old versions.

How 'bout antique nickel instead of antique silver with the pink glitter. Or perhaps satin silver. And glitter 185. :anibad:

CF30

Where are you looking for glitter 185? I think the satin silver or nickel would be great.