@.@ FedEx Nightmare

FastChapter

Well, I sent out an order on Amazon for my Garmin 60CSx on Sunday, asked for one-day shipping so it would arrive on Tuesday (yesterday) and it still hasn't arrived. Just my luck, the Origin location for the shipment was in Kentucky, which was apparently buried under roughly seven thousand feet of ice and snow the day it should have arrived. As of now, it's in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, and has not only arrived and departed there... it arrived again. Back in Oak Creek. :laughing:

Untitled-23.jpg

I'm hoping that sometime this morning it would have left the facility there. The weather is fine in Oak Creek, so maybe someone scanned the package wrong as it was leaving, but I doubt it.

( _ _) I just hope its intact after all this...

Edited by FastChapter

Thinking about this.... I just checked a UPS next day air, it got snowed in at LOUISVILLE, KY just as your did. Then again in SHAWNE, OK......

SHAWNEE, OK, US 01/27/2009 2:45 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL

01/27/2009 2:15 P.M.

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 01/27/2009 8:25 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

01/27/2009 6:47 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS

LOUISVILLE,KY, US 01/26/2009 11:24 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Not trying to defend them, but both FedEx and UPS have statements buried in the fine print that they do not have to give a refund for delivery delays due to weather conditions (i.e., "Act of God"), as these conditions can create hazardous conditions for their delivery personnel (drivers/pilots/etc.).

That's not to say that it isn't worth asking for a refund -- if they say no to a full refund, ask for a refund of the difference between overnight service and what you would have had to have paid for it to arrive by the time you receive it (2nd Day, Standard, etc.) -- they may be receptive to that.

Well, I sent out an order on Amazon for my Garmin 60CSx on Sunday, asked for one-day shipping so it would arrive on Tuesday (yesterday) and it still hasn't arrived. Just my luck, the Origin location for the shipment was in Kentucky, which was apparently buried under roughly seven thousand feet of ice and snow the day it should have arrived. As of now, it's in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, and has not only arrived and departed there... it arrived again. Back in Oak Creek. :laughing:

Untitled-22.png

I'm hoping that sometime this morning it would have left the facility there. The weather is fine in Oak Creek, so maybe someone scanned the package wrong as it was leaving, but I doubt it.

( _ _) I just hope its intact after all this...

First, while your header says that your package was shipped via FedEx, the tracking information which you have provided is from UPS.

Next, delays are common, even on so-called overnight and 2nd day shipments, for shipments which are sent during those periods in wintertime when extreme weather is afoot. That is just a part of life. I am sure that you will survive just fine, despite the minor delay. I am sure that you are more than strong enough, on an inner level, to deal with this in a calm and relaxed fashion, and I am sure that you realize that this is an extremely minor matter, and hardly one worth getting upset about.

Next, in my experience with shipping many tons of packages via UPS, the presence of two separate arrival scans on the tracking log, less than two hours apart (at Oak Creek, WI), are very common, and can be due to any of a number of very ordinary occurrences; they do not indicate a problem.

Next, so long as you call and file for a partial refund within 14 days of shipment date, you are eligible for a partial refund of your shipping charges, because the package was not shipped on time. However, since it was Amazon and not you who was the originating shipper, you may need to apply to Amazon for your shipment refund, rather than to UPS.

Finally, I wish to remind you that you wrote the term "WTF" in large bold font on the image of the UPS tracking information. This is considered to be a family-friendly forum, and, unfortunately, almost everyone knows that WTF stands for "What the Fxxx" And, it just so happened that as I read your original post OP, my beautiful pearl-white peahen Petty was sitting on my shoulder, surfing the forum with me. Well, she is only three years old, and it caused her so much distress when she saw the extremely uncouth and uncivil "WTF" penned on the image in your message that she immediately pooped all over my shoulder, so great was her shock. She is now sitting on my desk, clucking disconsolately. Next time, please be more prudent about your use of the WTF term on a family forum. Thank you for agreeing to do the needful.

Not trying to defend them, but both FedEx and UPS have statements buried in the fine print that they do not have to give a refund for delivery delays due to weather conditions (i.e., "Act of God"), as these conditions can create hazardous conditions for their delivery personnel (drivers/pilots/etc.).

That's not to say that it isn't worth asking for a refund -- if they say no to a full refund, ask for a refund of the difference between overnight service and what you would have had to have paid for it to arrive by the time you receive it (2nd Day, Standard, etc.) -- they may be receptive to that.

Yeah, I figure if it's a weather-related issue, it's not UPS/Fedex (whoever's shipping it!) fault for not wanting to throw their drivers onto roads-turned-ice rinks. I won't ask for a refund if it arrives today - the difference that Amazon would have charged me was five dollars and some change, and I don't want to be petty. I do, however, curse whichever weather god it was that hindered my tracker from arriving on my only day off this week, :laughing:

OMG don't tell me this. I also ordered a 60CSX from Amazon yesterday and paid for overnight delivery, so I have been waiting patiently all day for it. So now I go check and it says, like yours, delayed due to weather, but still stays it will be here today? And yeah, if it doesn't come next day due to weather, they won't refund anything. Grrr.

It took 21 minutes to get from KY to WI?

Amazon has a large distribution center in Campbellsville, KY, which is about two hours from Louisville. Many orders are shipped from there to the UPS distribution center at the Louisville airport, then out from there. I have family in that area, and as of yesterday afternoon the ice storm has shut pretty much everything down. With thousands of people in the region without power, I'd be surprised if the package made it to WI at all by this point.

It took 21 minutes to get from KY to WI?

Amazon has a large distribution center in Campbellsville, KY, which is about two hours from Louisville. Many orders are shipped from there to the UPS distribution center at the Louisville airport, then out from there. I have family in that area, and as of yesterday afternoon the ice storm has shut pretty much everything down. With thousands of people in the region without power, I'd be surprised if the package made it to WI at all by this point.

Looks to me like it left KY at 5:39pm (KY time, 4:39pm WI time), at 6pm (WI time, 5pm KY time) the WI facility noted they were having adverse weather conditions, the package was checked in to WI at 6:31pm WI time (7:31 KY time), the checked onto a truck for further distribution at 8pm WI time (9pm KY time), and then checked back into the facility at 8:10pm WI time (9:10pm KY time) probably due to the adverse weather.

back to the original question...... it looks to me like it took almost 2 hours to get from KY to WI, not just 21 minutes.

Finally, I wish to remind you that you wrote the term "WTF" in large bold font on the image of the UPS tracking information. This is considered to be a family-friendly forum, and, unfortunately, almost everyone knows that WTF stands for "What the Fxxx" And, it just so happened that as I read your original post OP, my beautiful pearl-white peahen Petty was sitting on my shoulder, surfing the forum with me. Well, she is only three years old, and it caused her so much distress when she saw the extremely uncouth and uncivil "WTF" penned on the image in your message that she immediately pooped all over my shoulder, so great was her shock. She is now sitting on my desk, clucking disconsolately. Next time, please be more prudent about your use of the WTF term on a family forum. Thank you for agreeing to do the needful.

I believe that the OP actually meant WTFrog!

Just be thankful it wasn't on a FedEx charter plane in Lubbock Texas yesterday. That fire looked pretty nasty.

Don't get too bent out of shape over UPS or FedEx tracking. FedEx is usually good about giving the correct delivery day. I had a radio shipped last week from Ft Worth Texas to Toledo OH, was only scanned at Ft Worth and Toledo (Northwood). Nothing in between. But it was here at 9:16 AM yesterday, the day they predicted last week.

With this winter weather that dumped a lot of stuff across the USA yesterday and today, expect a delay.

Finally, I wish to remind you that you wrote the term "JGS" in large bold font on the image of the UPS tracking information. This is considered to be a family-friendly forum, and, unfortunately, almost everyone knows that JGS stands for "W... ... ...." And, it just so happened that as I read your original post OP, my beautiful pearl-white peahen Petty was sitting on my shoulder, surfing the forum with me. Well, she is only three years old, and it caused her so much distress when she saw the extremely uncouth and uncivil "JGS" penned on the image in your message that she immediately pooped all over my shoulder, so great was her shock. She is now sitting on my desk, clucking disconsolately. Next time, please be more prudent about your use of the JGS term on a family forum. Thank you for agreeing to do the needful.

Ironically, the only reference to the letters JGS (rot13) is now found in your post (and those that quote it), and you use it 4 times as compared to the OP's one :)

Edited by Chrysalides

Well I received my tracker today a half hour before I had to go to work, so like a diligent employee, I spent an hour tinkering with my gadget in between customers.

I'm going to download a few free Wisconsin street maps since - as I was warned over an over - the base map really does suck for points of reference. Granted, this isn't a big deal in my hometown - I know this place like the back of my hand - but out of town areas will be needing some kind of reference point to keep me sane.

On the plus side, I loaded over twenty local caches onto it with the websites little click-to-load function! :) Now I must find them all.

After ordering your new GPS unit, do you all find it necessary to check the FedEx tracking just to see where it is every few hours? I keep having compulsions to check the location every hour in anticipation. I would almost pay extra just to have live tracking. Knowing it made it to Memphis at 11:38 pm CST is not quite enough for me. Imagine having a website where you could actually see the unit moving along on a map. That would be sweet. :)

After ordering your new GPS unit, do you all find it necessary to check the FedEx tracking just to see where it is every few hours? I keep having compulsions to check the location every hour in anticipation. I would almost pay extra just to have live tracking. Knowing it made it to Memphis at 11:38 pm CST is not quite enough for me. Imagine having a website where you could actually see the unit moving along on a map. That would be sweet. :laughing:

That would be sweet. But I think an idea like that is another off shoot to the addiction of caching. :)

Well I received my tracker today a half hour before I had to go to work, so like a diligent employee, I spent an hour tinkering with my gadget in between customers.

I'm going to download a few free Wisconsin street maps since - as I was warned over an over - the base map really does suck for points of reference. Granted, this isn't a big deal in my hometown - I know this place like the back of my hand - but out of town areas will be needing some kind of reference point to keep me sane.

On the plus side, I loaded over twenty local caches onto it with the websites little click-to-load function! :) Now I must find them all.

When you're done in Marshfield, make the short trip over to Wausau. Lots of great caches to keep you busy with your new toy!

Glad your GPS finally made it. Have fun!

After ordering your new GPS unit, do you all find it necessary to check the FedEx tracking just to see where it is every few hours? I keep having compulsions to check the location every hour in anticipation. I would almost pay extra just to have live tracking. Knowing it made it to Memphis at 11:38 pm CST is not quite enough for me. Imagine having a website where you could actually see the unit moving along on a map. That would be sweet. :)

There is a web site that will do that for commercial flights, so you can track loved ones. It even lists FedEx and UPS as airlines to track, but I don't know how you'd find the flight numbers for them.

http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight

It's pretty cool.

Edited by Mushtang

It has been my experience that Fedex and UPS will always issue a partial refund, that is, a refund for the differential between base shipping price and speedy shipping price, when a delivery has been delayed due to weather. However, the big trick is to remember that most such shipping companies have only a 10-day or 14-day time window (the clock starts on day of shipping) during which they will honor a claim for a delayed shipment.

Finally, I wish to remind you that you wrote the term "JGS" in large bold font on the image of the UPS tracking information. This is considered to be a family-friendly forum, and, unfortunately, almost everyone knows that JGS stands for "W... ... ...." And, it just so happened that as I read your original post OP, my beautiful pearl-white peahen Petty was sitting on my shoulder, surfing the forum with me. Well, she is only three years old, and it caused her so much distress when she saw the extremely uncouth and uncivil "JGS" penned on the image in your message that she immediately pooped all over my shoulder, so great was her shock. She is now sitting on my desk, clucking disconsolately. Next time, please be more prudent about your use of the JGS term on a family forum. Thank you for agreeing to do the needful.

Ironically, the only reference to the letters JGS (rot13) is now found in your post (and those that quote it), and you use it 4 times as compared to the OP's one :)

Yes, but what is worse is that the OP, in his OP, has changed the image to one which now displays the word "tarnation", which is, of course, about a thousand times worse than WTF. In fact, the OPs use of both "WTF" and "tarnation" in short order made me realize that he is likely an agent of Satan, and a quick review of his profile page shows that he has a homepage on... you guessed it... the "Deviant Art" website, which, as any red-blooded God-fearing American knows, is a horrid and despicable website frequented only by Satanists, devil-worshippers and all kinds of horrid evil people. This confirms that the OP is an agent of Satan. Worse, the OP also seems to have connections to the "furry" movement, and I do not need to tell you of the horrid Satanic implications, as well as the sinful connotations of that movement!

In fact, I suspect that the OP's use of terms such as "WTF" and "tarnation", and his admitted association with known Satanic sites and with furries, is the first sign of the beginning of the End of Days. I heretofore boldly stand before you and predict that within one week we shall witness the awesome and horrifying sight of the Seven Horsemen of the Apocalypse thundering out of the western sky, fortelling the Apocalypse and the ascendancy to power of the joint unholy Satanic triumverate of Sioneva, flask and Snoogans, which will rule the abject and dispirited remaining enslaved souls on the cursed Earth for a reign of ten thousand years.

Oh woe is me! Oh woe to humankind!

Yes, but what is worse is that the OP, in his OP, has changed the image to one which now displays the word "tarnation", which is, of course, about a thousand times worse than WTF. In fact, the OPs use of both "WTF" and "tarnation" in short order made me realize that he is likely an agent of Satan, and a quick review of his profile page shows that he has a homepage on... you guessed it... the "Deviant Art" website, which, as any red-blooded God-fearing American knows, is a horrid and despicable website frequented only by Satanists, devil-worshippers and all kinds of horrid evil people. This confirms that the OP is an agent of Satan. Worse, the OP also seems to have connections to the "furry" movement, and I do not need to tell you of the horrid Satanic implications, as well as the sinful connotations of that movement!

In fact, I suspect that the OP's use of terms such as "WTF" and "tarnation", and his admitted association with known Satanic sites and with furries, is the first sign of the beginning of the End of Days. I heretofore boldly stand before you and predict that within one week we shall witness the awesome and horrifying sight of the Seven Horsemen of the Apocalypse thundering out of the western sky, fortelling the Apocalypse and the ascendancy to power of the joint unholy Satanic triumverate of Sioneva, flask and Snoogans, which will rule the abject and dispirited remaining enslaved souls on the cursed Earth for a reign of ten thousand years.

Have no fear, Aslan will set it straight.

Jim

... I heretofore boldly stand before you and predict that within one week we shall witness the awesome and horrifying sight of the Seven Horsemen of the Apocalypse thundering out of the western sky, fortelling the Apocalypse and the ascendancy to power of the joint unholy Satanic triumverate of Sioneva, flask and Snoogans, which will rule the abject and dispirited remaining enslaved souls on the cursed Earth for a reign of ten thousand years.

Or a thread lock, whichever comes first! :):laughing:

If a shipper is to be blasted here a Moderator should at least change the title to get the correct shipper's name!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler
There is a web site that will do that for commercial flights, so you can track loved ones. It even lists FedEx and UPS as airlines to track, but I don't know how you'd find the flight numbers for them.

It's pretty cool.

Mushtang, http://flightaware.com/ is quite popular among airplane spotters. It has really good regional & national tracking maps as well as individual flight tracking.

It's pretty cool.

Mushtang, http://flightaware.com/ is quite popular among airplane spotters. It has really good regional & national tracking maps as well as individual flight tracking.

Whenever I need to pick up any one at either of the airports near me (each is located about 70 minutes from my home) I always use one of these online flight tracking services to track their flight; in this way I instantly know of any delays or changes, and I never even bother to drive to the airport anymore to pick up friends, etc., until the fight tracking services tell me their plane is about an hour away and inbound.

Well if its late due to an act of god you should sue the Cathlic church and any other since they claim to represent god.

<snip>

... ascendancy to power of the joint unholy Satanic triumverate of Sioneva, flask and Snoogans, which will rule the abject and dispirited remaining enslaved souls on the cursed Earth for a reign of ten thousand years.

oh, woe to Snoogans, if he has to deal with me and flask... together. :laughing:

As for VINNY... I vote that we box him up and send him Fed-Ex to Swaziland.

Except we should make the address illegible... with no return address... so the box goes all over the world in a hopeless, aimless quest to find a home. And eventually ends up in Roswell, New Mexico.

<snip>

... ascendancy to power of the joint unholy Satanic triumverate of Sioneva, flask and Snoogans, which will rule the abject and dispirited remaining enslaved souls on the cursed Earth for a reign of ten thousand years.

oh, woe to Snoogans, if he has to deal with me and flask... together. :laughing:

As for VINNY... I vote that we box him up and send him Fed-Ex to Swaziland.

Except we should make the address illegible... with no return address... so the box goes all over the world in a hopeless, aimless quest to find a home. And eventually ends up in Roswell, New Mexico.

Sioneva, strange that you should mention Roswell, New Mexico! Wow! What synchronicity! Amazing! You see, Roswell is as near to a birthplace as I will ever have on this planet, for my people dropped me off there (in a rocky gulley located on a remote ranch) when I was a mere child in the mid 1950s, just about 7 years after one of our ships had crashed just a few miles away from that site. I have since learned to assimilate myself into your culture pretty well; most humans suspect nothing at all about me.

Well if its late due to an act of god you should sue the Cathlic church and any other since they claim to represent god.

You should know that my family thinks I'm insane for stifling that laugh, XD

I heretofore boldly stand before you and predict that within one week we shall witness the awesome and horrifying sight of the Seven Horsemen of the Apocalypse thundering out of the western sky, fortelling the Apocalypse and the ascendancy to power of the joint unholy Satanic triumverate of Sioneva, flask and Snoogans, which will rule the abject and dispirited remaining enslaved souls on the cursed Earth for a reign of ten thousand years.

Never mind all that. Will there still be geocaching?

What is Tarnation?

Tarnation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Tarnation may refer to:

* A colloquial euphemism for damnation, primarily used in the southeastern United States, part of the expression "What in tarnation?" used to indicate disbelief.

* Tarnation (band), a San Francisco-based alt-country band

* Tarnation (film), a 2003 documentary film by Jonathan Caouette

LibertyBelle (a Texas Cacher) was helping distribute the latest Texas geocoins. The package slated to get to her bounced around Texas for a little while. Just as you would have thought it would arrive in Dallas, I get and instant message from her asking if I had a guess where the package was currently. I don't know why, because I really didn't have a clue, I responded with "I don't know, somewhere in Idaho?!?". She sent me the link to the tracking and asked how I possibly guessed it. The package had in fact been routed up to Boise, ID.

The package did arrive with in two days of the trip to Idaho.

OMG don't tell me this. I also ordered a 60CSX from Amazon yesterday and paid for overnight delivery, so I have been waiting patiently all day for it. So now I go check and it says, like yours, delayed due to weather, but still stays it will be here today? And yeah, if it doesn't come next day due to weather, they won't refund anything. Grrr.

I love the stores who willl let you pay for overnight delivery but still take 2 weeks to actually drop it off at the shipping company. Dorks.