Any experience with trimming Zagg Invisbleshield?

lil'hobo

I want to install a Zagg invisibleshield screen cover on both my Venture HC and my GPS 12, however, I don't want to spend anymore than necessary. The local electronics stores have some invisibleshields for $15 or so that fit the screens of various cell phones. So, I was thinking to purchase it and then cut covers out of it for both my units.

I know that Zagg won't warranty the screens if cut/modified etc, however, I was wondering has anyone cut them to fit? I am not sure if it'll cut properly due to its design or not. I have really sharp carving knives and the means to trace out a good pattern but I just don't want to waste my money if the screen protector will not work as good (or at all)after being cut.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I want to install a Zagg invisibleshield screen cover on both my Venture HC and my GPS 12, however, I don't want to spend anymore than necessary. The local electronics stores have some invisibleshields for $15 or so that fit the screens of various cell phones. So, I was thinking to purchase it and then cut covers out of it for both my units.

I know that Zagg won't warranty the screens if cut/modified etc, however, I was wondering has anyone cut them to fit? I am not sure if it'll cut properly due to its design or not. I have really sharp carving knives and the means to trace out a good pattern but I just don't want to waste my money if the screen protector will not work as good (or at all)after being cut.

Thanks.

You can order them from Zagg for $13. Why spend more for something that's not going to work as well, and won't be under warrenty?

Thanks.

I've used the "cheapies" screen covers from Best Buy and trim to fit on pocket pc's, garmin legend hcx, garmin 60csx and cell phones using a scalpel or razor and never had problems with them. I think a pack of 10 was like $5.00.

Just this month I ordered 4 invisible shields. One of them was for a new camera I bought. Unfortunately I ordered the shield for a similar model camera which had a larger screen and I had to cut it down. I cut it with a scissors while the shield was still attached to the white paper backing. It worked fine. I think it would be a real mess if you tried to cut it after removing the backing paper, but it was a quick simple task with the paper on.

Thanks everyone for the input, I think I am going to go for it and try to trim two shields out of one. Sounds like leaving the paper backing on when cutting is highly recommended, so I'll do that. If it works, it'll be like getting two for the price of one. If not, well, I guess I'll break down and get the proper ones.

Thanks again.

Have to say, just got a zagg for my cell phone, and I'm not crazy about the shiny finish of the protector. I think this would work so much better, and be more attractive, if it had a little bit of a matte finish so it didn't show up so many scuffs and bumps and nicks. Bleah. Not good. Plus, installing it was a pain. I am still waiting for the imperfections to "even out", as they claim they will.

I liked the nice matte protectors my previous cell phone had, much much much better.

My two cents,

BlueDamsel