Triton 2000 aid

Hi all,

Great community here with tones of info. Yesterday I was out shopping and decided to get the Triton 2000 to see how it fares with my garmin Cx. I love the fact that I can geocache paperless. However, I do not like how Groundspeak has no "auto" send function to the gps unit sadly. Can that issue be solved in the future?

Also being Canadian, I'm not able to get much for TOPO software or Roadmaps with this unit. Has anyone (may be this is a question more directed to Canadian users) been able to figure out a way to load and road maps on the unit?

I just got my Garmin Cx programmed with Topo maps and the Road maps and that unit is incredible now. If the triton cannot perform similar to the Cx then it may be put up for sale. I like the looks of the triton and the powerful screen, but if I can get to my location, then forget it.

I like how the unit looks, and i love how the geocaching seems to appear on the unit.. but I really don't enjoy the lack of navigation capabilities for vehicles and getting you to/from the area.

Any insight would be great as to how I should go about this unit... I'm giving this unit a shot since most people are not too fond of the Colorado/Oregon.

Thanks for any help!!

Hi all,

Great community here with tones of info. Yesterday I was out shopping and decided to get the Triton 2000 to see how it fares with my garmin Cx. I love the fact that I can geocache paperless. However, I do not like how Groundspeak has no "auto" send function to the gps unit sadly. Can that issue be solved in the future?

Also being Canadian, I'm not able to get much for TOPO software or Roadmaps with this unit. Has anyone (may be this is a question more directed to Canadian users) been able to figure out a way to load and road maps on the unit?

I just got my Garmin Cx programmed with Topo maps and the Road maps and that unit is incredible now. If the triton cannot perform similar to the Cx then it may be put up for sale. I like the looks of the triton and the powerful screen, but if I can get to my location, then forget it.

I like how the unit looks, and i love how the geocaching seems to appear on the unit.. but I really don't enjoy the lack of navigation capabilities for vehicles and getting you to/from the area.

Any insight would be great as to how I should go about this unit... I'm giving this unit a shot since most people are not too fond of the Colorado/Oregon.

Thanks for any help!!

Brst place for help is here http://www.tritonforum.com/forum/index.php...d321f9911048a91

an here http://www.jungleghost.com/

good luck

ric

I have both an Oregon and a Triton 2000. The Oregon is a much nicer unit than the Triton. If you can at all take back the Triton and get an Oregon do it.

They don't make routable street maps for the Triton. There is a workaround to get the older street maps onto the Triton, but they won't be routable. If you go to the magellan website lookup topo Canada, I believe there is a way to get that onto the Triton.

As far as the paperless caching goes the Oregon beats the Triton here as well. For one thing the touchscreen interface is much better on the Oregon, and it includes the last 5 logs, the triton includes none. And for some reason Magellan puts the Hint on the first line. Kinda ruins the fun. I have to intentionally scroll down before I look at the cache description, then slowly scroll up so I won't see the hint.

Also there is no way to mark a geocache as found. How big an oversight is that?

You can't download caches from geocaching.com directly to the Triton because Magellan won't give anyone the API to connect to their sites. That may change with MITAC taking ownership, so yes that may change in the future.

If you handed anybody with any complaints about the Oregon a Triton 2000, they would run back to the Oregon an proclaim it the greatest device ever made.

Edited by sanramonhunter