COMBAT CACHERS!

SCOUT 19D

A JAFO? :lol::DB)

And my hopes are dashed again.

I was hoping to see something like...

TWO CACHERS ENTER, ONLY ONE SINGES THE LOG!

FIGHT!

Ouch! That's just plane mean.

I have been trying to figure out how to create a combative version of geocaching.

I think I have it figured out now but I have been looking for more ideas.

I was a scout from Nov 1990 to Dec 1994....I got smart and changed my MOS to 25B though... LOL!

I was in Iraq from Jan to Jul 2008 and I found 66 caches while I was there. I didn't find them all either....my finds were limited to Victory Base Complex.

The Military Association of Geocachers (MAGC - www.militarycache.org) has a lot of 'forward members' and they get together and cache. They are holding an event on VBC in February....donations to the events are OUTSTANDING! I was there last year and assisted in putting one together.

Sorry for taking this OT, but...

Quick question to those caching in "combat theaters"-

Considering the history of caches stateside to be mistaken for explosive devices and considering the dangers of your location- how do you approach a cache in that sort of environment? Ever hear about a cache in a war zone being used to hide something like an IED?

Edited by Castle Mischief

A JAFO? :D:P:)

And my hopes are dashed again.

I was hoping to see something like...

FIGHT!

Ouch! That's just plane mean.

I have been trying to figure out how to create a combative version of geocaching.

I think I have it figured out now but I have been looking for more ideas.

Two words: PAINTBALL EVENT

All geocache hides are on FOBs, COPs, and in Green zones. What does that mean?; all cache hides are in secure areas occupied by US Forces. I never seen a IED hidden in a ammo can, however they (insurgents, MAMs), have hidden IEDs in MRE bags and dead animals.

Sorry for taking this OT, but...

Quick question to those caching in "combat theaters"-

Considering the history of caches stateside to be mistaken for explosive devices and considering the dangers of your location- how do you approach a cache in that sort of environment? Ever hear about a cache in a war zone being used to hide something like an IED?

Place one in an area with a heavy concentration of FTF hounds.

...And then yell: "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

This would be like a 'last man standing' (or woman) event. I wonder if we could get our own unique cache icon... The non first finders would have to get together and vote one cacher off the island.

Sweet!

Stay safe and keep us updated. If you need anything, don't hesitate to PM or email.

Currently in Iraq, and caching whenever I get the chance. I spend most of my time out on FOBs and JSS's Where there's one ro two caches if you are lucky. Most smaller areas have none. My flight was cancelled yesterday, so I have another 3 days and I plan on getting a few more caches in.