Personalized poker chips (swag)

jeepcacher

I have been looking at wooden nickels and poker chips to get personalized. These are the items I like to find the most in a cache, so that is what I would like to leave behind. It would be nice to be able to leave something small behind, even if nothing is worth taking. If you have personalized wooden nickels or poker chips, can you please let me know where you got them or where you got the items to make them yourself?

I have found sets of 500 poker chips (clay) for about $30. If I could get a decent quality sticker made for them, preferably water proof, I think that is the way to go. I thank anyone in advance for their input.

I have been looking at wooden nickels and poker chips to get personalized. These are the items I like to find the most in a cache, so that is what I would like to leave behind. It would be nice to be able to leave something small behind, even if nothing is worth taking. If you have personalized wooden nickels or poker chips, can you please let me know where you got them or where you got the items to make them yourself?

I have found sets of 500 poker chips (clay) for about $30. If I could get a decent quality sticker made for them, preferably water proof, I think that is the way to go. I thank anyone in advance for their input.

Take a look at this thread

Ive been contemplating this myself, as of right now im leaning towards using pathtags.

These are prices I am coming up with right now (I think), still looking

pathtags $2 each (or less if you buy more than 50)

wooden nickels about 10 cents each for 1000 (then you can leave them everywhere big enough)

poker chips if you have them made about 75 cents each

poker chips if you buy them and get labels made about 25 cents each

I am still looking though. Not sure if I want poker chips or nickels.

we use cheap guitar picks off eBay that we put our sticker on.They fit almost everywhere except a bison tube or those pesky nano tubes.

that is a good idea too. I was also checking out bottle caps.

I have found waterproof labels for $1 a sheet, plus $5 for shipping (62 labels per sheet) This seems like a good solution for designing poker chips. That would be around $60 for 500 chips. Then I don't have to put all 3 of our names on one, we can each have our own ones, and with different designs (3 of us cache together).

What kind of sticker do you put on your guitar picks?

we use cheap guitar picks off eBay that we put our sticker on.They fit almost everywhere except a bison tube or those pesky nano tubes.

that is a good idea too. I was also checking out bottle caps.

I have found waterproof labels for $1 a sheet, plus $5 for shipping (62 labels per sheet) This seems like a good solution for designing poker chips. That would be around $60 for 500 chips. Then I don't have to put all 3 of our names on one, we can each have our own ones, and with different designs (3 of us cache together).

What kind of sticker do you put on your guitar picks?

I was searching for poker chips or wooden nickels a few years ago, also. I found a site that worked out very well. It's This site.

They will allow you to upload any picture you want. So you can make a good design using Photoshop, etc. It will allow you to also create a custom edge stripe to go around the outside edge of the chip.

The nice thing abut these chips is that they are not just stickers glued to a plastic poker chip like some sites you'll see. These are actually die-sublimate printed onto chips that are closer to the actual weight of a good chip.

They have price breaks at certain points, also. You have to search the site a bit to find where it discusses the price breaks. I think they have price breaks at 50, 300, 500, and 1000 (or something.) My last order I was able to get a few different designs together and ordered 300 chips. At that price point they were 99 cents each plus shipping.

Here's what my chip looks like:

OuttaHandChip.jpg

We made poker chips especially for Geobash a few years ago. We found some good ceramic chips, which are much nicer than the plastic ones, for a good price at a local gaming store. Then we color laser printed stickers for them that fit in the center part of the chips. Putting all of the stickers on was easy, but a bit time consuming.

Anyway, I will probalby make some more at some point, they were rather fun.

I engraved and painted our own logo on some poker chips and sent them out in the Missouri area. They say AweTux with a penguin on them. If you see one please let me know. I would really appreciate it. There are some that also say Nikki and Savanna. Please, let me know don't know how else to track them. Thanks! Tux N Trollmomjo or Brian Windorski and carpathianjo. Any of these would work to reach us. Thanks Again!