Unfound for a year

collected today, a few bits inside of the red tub, thrown tub away now, but kept the trinkets from inside and log book if you want it, otherwise ill make it into a new cache in the next few weeks.

Anyhow it now can be logged as gone!!

Well done and thanks! Glad you found it ok. There's a meet in MK on the 14th (two actually- I'll be at both) and if you plan to come to it, I could take the logbook off you there; feel free to reuse any worthwhile contents in another cache. It's a shame the box was past its prime or you could have used that too. Cheers again for saving me a visit, although it is a nice walk... ;)

I've not done Lucky Horseshoe (above) so I'll add it to my To Do list.

Edited by Simply Paul

if you at the oxon meet tomorrow ill drop it off to you there. must admit it was only a 10 min round walk as i took the road into the estate (as building work is on) and knowing what you had said about the site drove up the road till i couldnt get any closer and walked over, only a gardener near the house, then drove back out. ;)

I've added a few caches to our bookmark list

I've listed all caches set before January 2008 and haven't been found for at least a year

As far as I can see the one with the longest time since it was last found was last found in January 2007

No DNFs or any other logs since either....

Edited to add these are just UK ones

Mark

Edited by Delta68

{oops! didn't see the "no DNF" criteria!}

Mission Impossible II - The Raven's Quest (GCPHW1) by The Southseakers (4/4)

Merthyr Marathon MM7- Tragedy (GCH8DZ) by Write and Mane (3/1.5)

X Marks the Spot X: Is that X squared? Almost (GCZTAZ) by tjapukai (4.5/2)

VP969 (GCPFHM) by scottishdevil2001 (2/4)

Nursery Time (GC87FA) by Travers (1.5/2)

Pharohs View (GCT1R9) by Team Clova (2.5/1.5)

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum (GCA91C) by SimonG (3/2)

Ease Gill Cavern (GCP807) by Moote (1.5/2.5)

Cauldron Snout (GC23B7) by The Northumbrian (1.5/1.5)

CC50 Complex Collection Completion Challenge (GCR4TW) by Write and Mane (4/3.5)

Whistle a Happy Tune (GCMCNW) by CAPAR (4/2)

Ticket To Ride ~ Bidston ~ (GC189K8) by headshot119 (3/1.5)

To The Manor Born (GCG1D6) by Silver fox and strider (1/1.5)

The Secret Lies Within The Title! (GCZM9E) by martletsman (2/2)

Edited by rutson

I've added a few caches to our bookmark list

I've listed all caches set before January 2008 and haven't been found for at least a year

As far as I can see the one with the longest time since it was last found was last found in January 2007

No DNFs or any other logs since either....

I looked at your list, and saw your "Resuscitator - Challenge Cache". Neat idea! I love finding caches which have not been found for a long time.

I made the hike out to Eee by 'eck Mam it's parky (GC20BNF) whilst in Scotland, which had never been found in a year. Unfortunately the cache was not there so I replaced it as requested by thr CO. I know some of these remote caches dont get many visitors but for me a 22Km, 8 hour hike is the perfect cache.

Dorking's 3Ws: Westhumble Semiotic Cache has just been found

1506 days since last find on September 10 2006 :D

Was this UK's longest gap between finds?

Mark

I regularly use all four of the main cache listing sites. I've found a NaviCache more than 5 years after the previous find :D (with no DNFs in between). This was not "miles from anywhere" - it was within about 3 miles of Heathrow. Nor was it a puzzle.

The tree had grown around it, and it was enclosed in a sort of basket of vegetation - very difficult to find. But it was in perfect condition.

Interestingly, it was less than 30 feet from one of my own caches, though I didn't know that when I set mine - the Navicache was a multi.

Despite it being a large cache, as most of these older NaviCaches are, the close proximity hasn't proved to be a problem, so I haven't felt the need to move mine.

Rgds, Andy