Introducing the SLAGA Geocoin.

Crowesfeat30

Introducing the SLAGA Geocoin.

This coins was designed for the St. Louis Area Geocachers Association and was revealed for the first time at our recent Winter Potluck & Cabin Fever. It is the first in what we hope will be a series of coins featuring St. Louis landmarks. We decided to start with the Statue of St. Louis because it was the original symbol of St. Louis before the Gateway Arch was built. The official title of the statue is Apotheosis of St. Louis. For more information about this statue you can go here: St. Louis Statue Info

• The coin is a 1.75" x 1.28" oval; 3.5mm thick

• The front side features the SLAGA Logo – designed by our own Brawny Bear - in translucent enamels encircled by a simple compass ring with fleur de lis at the cardinal points.

• The back features the Statue of St. Louis as described above.

• It is trackable at geocaching.com.

• No unique icon – yet. We are planning to create additional editions as mentioned above and when we reach 250 coins we will get the icon.

SLAGACoinANfront.jpgSLAGACoinANback.jpg

SLAGACoinABfront.jpgSLAGACoinABback.jpg

SLAGACoinACfront.jpgSLAGACoinACback.jpg

• 100 Antique Nickel were minted. They were offered to SLAGA Members at our recent Winter Potluck & Cabin Fever. 26 are available for immediate delivery. If enough interest is shown there will be more minted. After all we can order as many as we want.

• A minimum of 30 Antique Copper will be minted. These were offered in a presell to SLAGA Members at our recent Winter Potluck & Cabin Fever. 8 are currently available & will be delivered as soon as we get them in hand (about 3 weeks – taking in account Chinese New Year). If enough interest is shown there can be more available. After all we can order as many as we want.

• A minimum of 30 Antique Gold will be minted. These were offered in a presell to SLAGA Members at our recent Winter Potluck & Cabin Fever. 10 are currently available & will be delivered as soon as we get them in hand (about 3 weeks – taking in account Chinese New Year). If enough interest is shown there can be more available. After all we can order as many as we want.

• Price: $10.50 US each. All proceeds will go to support SLAGA and the activities it sponsors.

• Shipping: Domestic & Canada - $2.50 for the first coin & .50 for each additional coin. International - $3.50 for the first coin & .50 for each additional coin.

• Presell orders will be taken through 01/31/2009. The order will be placed on 02/01/2009.

• Geocaching nickname
    • Full name
    • Shipping address
    • Paypal address
    • Coins wanted:
      • How many Antique Nickel
      • How many Antique Gold
      • How many Antique Copper

Thank you for looking. ;)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30
went to school in Chesterfield, even went to some gatherings at Forest Park, never knew the statue even existed! Will be watching for the rest of the series!

ILYK

You must not have gone up on Art Hill where the Art Museum is. It is north of the west end of the Zoo. ;) The coordinates on the statue side are the location of the statue.

Map of Forest Park

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Sarah, what a wonderful coin! I love the backside, and the front side brings back memories of a great weekend spent in St Louis many, many years ago! Going up in the Gateway Arch, going to the Children's museum that is so hands on, and going to the Brewery and seeing it all...

One of my favorite American Cities by far! Great job!

Naomi ;)

It is SOOOOO cool going up on that elevator in the arch! It's shaped a bit like a donut that has been quartered and you sit against the edges, horseshoe shaped and it goes up, starts to tilt a little bit, then straightens out since it kind of zig zags up the inside of the monument. The view from the top is just great.

GO, you'll love Saint Louis! It's a wonderful town!

Inside one of the elevator cars... 400px-Gateway_Arch_tram_car.JPG

The order has been placed! Final numbers are as follows:

100 Antique Nickel

75 Antique Gold

50 Antique Copper

25 Super Secret SLAGA Officer's Finish :D

Wait!! That comes up to a total of 250 coins!!! We qualify for an ICON!!! WoOty!!! :D

Icon has been ordered too! :D Artwork is being discussed & willl be submitted ASAP. :D

Thank you every one who ordered!!! :D I asked Sharon if it would be possible to have them in hand by the 20th but she wasn't very hopeful. New Years hangover... :D I will get a better ETA ASAP.

CF30

Last i heard from Sharon, I the coins should be ready by the 23 of February. I e-mailed her today for confirmation of the ETA but have not heard back from her yet. I'll keep y'all informed.

Meanwhile here's a look at the SLAGA Officers version. It was made in shiny gold with the 3d bits in antique bronze. :D

coins535cr.jpgcoins536cr.jpg

The ONLY way to get one of this version of the coin is to 1. be a current SLAGA Officer, 2. be a former SLAGA Officer or 3. con one of the above mentioned Officers out of the one coin they have (or will soon) received. They are each only getting one so good luck. :blink: Shiny finishes are harder to photograph than antiqued finishes...

CF30

I know that I am a late lucy on this one, but I've kinda dropped the ball on a few things lately! LOL

Are there any of these available for sale or trade? I'd be happy with the regular edition, which I think is my favorite anyway?

When we get our I belive we should have one to trade.

I know that I am a late lucy on this one, but I've kinda dropped the ball on a few things lately! LOL

Are there any of these available for sale or trade? I'd be happy with the regular edition, which I think is my favorite anyway?

We will have several spares - we ordered extras to get enough to qualify for the Icon (still working on that...) so if you want to order some, just send an e-mail to the address in the 1st post.

Good to see ya up and about. :laughing:

CF30

~*~ UPDATE!!! ~*~

Sharon just e-mailed me - The coins are due in today to Hogwild. Steve will then ship them on to me so with any luck I will have them in hand this weekend! I am scheduled at work all weekend but will be stuffing bubblers in every spare moment I have while home. I will update again as soon as all packages have shipped. :lol:

CF30

~*~UPDATE~*~

Hi Sarah, You coins are being held in customs. I am trying to get them out tonight, The factory failed to give me a tracking number, so we did not know we had issues till Steve arrived to pick them up. I will keep you posted and hope they are ready tonight. Sorry for the delay. This has not been hogwildstuffs week!

Sharon

Hogwild Stuff

AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

~*~'NOTHER UPDATE~*~

Hi Sarah, I want to let you know that the box problem in customs has been cleared up and if all goes well they will in Steve hands tomorrow morning. It appears that information was not given properly, when they shipped. I am sure this is one of those post Chinese new year problems.

Sharon

Hogwild Stuff

I will keep updating as I get information. I want y'all to know what's going on. :D

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30
Hi Sarah, I am still working on getting the coins out of customs. They are still there, I was told they would pass clear last night. That has not happened so I have a guy doing that now. I am trying my best to get them today so Steve can ship them to you today.

Sharon

Hogwild Stuff

Y'all annoyed yet? I'm getting there... :D

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

~*~ UPDATE!! ~*~

Sarah, I am so so happy to let you know that the SLAGA coins are ready to be sent out today. Steve will turn them right around. So expect them Wed or Thurs. What a mess they did on the shipping information on this one. I am so sorry about that .

Sharon

Hogwild Stuff

I'll let you know when I have them in hand... :laughing:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

~*~ UPDATE! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!! ~*~

The coins are here!!! Finally!!! I will be packaging up your long awaited coins tonight & shipping them all off tomorrow! :D

Next I will be contacting the late-comers to see if they are still interested in purchasing coins. Those coins will be shipped as soon as payment is received. :D

Thank you all for your patience. I admit to getting close to losing mine... :)

CF30

SLAGA has made a new version of the SLAGA geocoin! 50 of this version were made initially. 25 of these coins will be awarded to the first 25 people who complete the SLAGA County - GCZPRB. The rest are available for sale. They are shiny gold on black nickel

BNGold001cr.jpgBNGold005cr.jpg

I have 18 coins available on a first come first served basis!

Pricing is the same as the first set of coins:

$10.50 per coin

Shipping:

Domestic

$2.50 for 1 coin

$.50 for each additional coin

International

$4.00 for 1 coin

$.50 for each additional coin

Place orders at slagacoin@gmail.com. Put "SLAGA Coin" in the Subject Line. Please include:

• Geocaching nickname
  • Full name
  • Shipping address
  • Paypal address
  • Number of Coins wanted

Thank you for looking! :rolleyes:

CF30