GPS for sale.

Denver#9

I would not recomend the Explorist 100 or 200, they do not have a port to conect them to a computer. As you get more into geocaching loading data by hand can become a hassle. If you can find a Magellan Explorist 210, that would be a better choice. I do not recall the retail price of a 210 but used $00.00 or less would be OK. But for the price you can get a Garmin e-trex that will include a warranty.

Even better the Garmin e-trex Legend web link

Edited by JohnnyVegas

I would not recomend the Explorist 100 or 200, they do not have a port to conect them to a computer. As you get more into geocaching loading data by hand can become a hassle. If you can find a Magellan Explorist 210, that would be a better choice. I do not recall the retail price of a 210 but used $00.00 or less would be OK. But for the price you can get a Garmin e-trex that will include a warranty.

Even better the Garmin e-trex Legend web link

Hey, the price seems really low on that e-trex for sale on the site you linked to, tigergps.

Is the thing refurbished or something???

Does anybody have a begainer GPS for sale? One thats not that expensive, like a an explorist 100 or 200 or a Garmin GPS map 76 :) Please post something if you do. Thanks

Denver#9

If you're not too particular, you can buy one at a Pawn Shop. I acquired a GPS that way. Jensen Navigation System NVX225. Got it for $75.00USD tax included.

Down side?

Did not come with software,

has 2006 maps

and I don't know how or where to update the maps.

Other than that, it helped me find my first two caches without much of a hassel.

My first GPS and I just found out about geocaching two days ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Found from manufacturere that the 2006 Maps are teh updated maps and that updated maps are being worked on and are unsure when they will be released.

Edited by cbroker