Wherigo Builder and 64-bit Windows

mty55
Followers 4

Hi there

I have the same problem

I am using Windows 10 64 -bit and have been trying all the fixes

I downloaded the NET file

I have tried to use the exe file listed above and installed and reinstalled it. When I go to pen it I get an error message saying ! An unhanded exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore....and so on

I figured out how to do a .bat extension file and tried using the command line too

I am not very tech savy but am a fast learner

I still cannot open any saved files

Please help

Laura

There should have been a zip file posted towards the beginning of this thread, post #7. You just needed to unzip that and put its contents where the Wherigo Builder is on your computer (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Builder).

By the way, if one of your questions goes unanswered for a few days again, send me an email. There are times I intentionally back off answering questions in the forum to encourage others to step up and help.

(Now that I think about it, why haven't I made a program that automatically patches the builder? Why hasn't anyone else? Hmm...)

I also have this issue and have managed to fix it using the instructions in this thread

I was unable to download the attached zip file with the updated .exe file as I was not permitted to view the attachment so I followed the steps below

1. Download and install Wherigo Builder

http://www.Wherigo.com/builder/download.aspx

2. Download and install .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1AEF6FCE-6E06-4B66-AFE4-9AAD3C835D3D&displaylang=en

3. Run command prompt with administrator privileges and ran the following command

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin\CorFlags.exe" /32BIT+ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Builder\WherigoBuilder.exe"

My previously saved .lua files now seem to open without error although at the moment they only contain a name an initial coordinates

My previously saved .lua files now seem to open without error although at the moment they only contain a name an initial coordinates

That's a good enough test to verify the fix works for you! Don't forget about the map fix if you have not yet applied that one.

Also, as that was your first post, welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask for any help you need.

On 2/22/2009 at 4:37 AM, a_snail said:

:laughing::anibad::P:D:D:)

:D It Works!!!!!!!! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

A big thanks Certik. Thats been annoying a lot of people.

To save everyone having to download 350Mb of stuff and install it, then get past Vista's security measures, I've included the patched exe

Install the builder if you have uninstalled it, or not bother installing it yet, then

overwrite your WherigoBuilder.exe which is probably located:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Builder\WherigoBuilder.exe"

Hopefully this uploaded version is not against copyright or some such thing, if so, perhaps Groundspeak could make the fixes to their install.

Finally I can now get rid of my Virtual Machine work around - hurray :laughing:

WherigoBuilder.zip

I just encountered this same problem! Thank you, your fix worked a treat! I can now open my cartridge, but I cannot use the emulator... Is there a work around for this?

Edited by EatSleepCacheRepeat_
18 hours ago, Tungstène said:

Please stop multiplying the threads. It's hard to follow.

Seconded.  When you have two threads with the same questions, some post to one and others post to another.  Poor moderators who then want to combine the two threads or some posts can't because the posts don't make much sense when grouped all together.

Most people who come here read all new posts in the subforum.  If you make a post, they'll see it.  There are very few people only watching only certain threads.

This is the part where the community helps you out by offering advice that'll also help you in the long run.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, IDILIO49 said:

Hi,

I'm moving to Win10 x64 but I'm not able to install the SDK from the link, and the .exe attached is not available anymore...

Can someone be so kind to share the .exe again?

Thanks!

I am having this same problem on Windows 10 x64 -- I'm trying to use the Wherigo builder to run the emulator, but when trying to do so, I get an error from the emulator, as described by others.

As mentioned previously by IDILIO49, the referenced SDK does not install for me, and the patched .exe link no longer functions.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, solid-rock-seekers said:

I am having this same problem on Windows 10 x64 -- I'm trying to use the Wherigo builder to run the emulator, but when trying to do so, I get an error from the emulator, as described by others.

As mentioned previously by IDILIO49, the referenced SDK does not install for me, and the patched .exe link no longer functions.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!

I have found that the link to the patched .exe file works only if one is logged in to these forums -- otherwise, one receives a cryptic download error.  So, what ended up working for me was first logging in to these forums, and then following the link to the patched .exe file.

There are also instructions on how to do this at the "64_bit_patch" page on the Earwigo Wiki:  http://earwigo.net/WWB/wiki/doku.php?id=64_bit_patch