Followers 4
mty55

Wherigo Builder and 64-bit Windows

56 posts in this topic

Hi there

I have the same problem

I am using Windows 10 64 -bit and have been trying all the fixes

I downloaded the NET file

I have tried to use the exe file listed above and installed and reinstalled it. When I go to pen it I get an error message saying ! An unhanded exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore....and so on

I figured out how to do a .bat extension file and tried using the command line too

I am not very tech savy but am a fast learner

I still cannot open any saved files

Please help

Laura

I have this issue

I tried downloading the file but I get an error message that there was an unhandled exceptiion , if i click continue it closes and the only other option is to quit

Could not load files or assembly zones framework etc

There should have been a zip file posted towards the beginning of this thread, post #7. You just needed to unzip that and put its contents where the Wherigo Builder is on your computer (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Builder).

By the way, if one of your questions goes unanswered for a few days again, send me an email. There are times I intentionally back off answering questions in the forum to encourage others to step up and help.

(Now that I think about it, why haven't I made a program that automatically patches the builder? Why hasn't anyone else? Hmm...)

I also have this issue and have managed to fix it using the instructions in this thread

I was unable to download the attached zip file with the updated .exe file as I was not permitted to view the attachment so I followed the steps below

1. Download and install Wherigo Builder

http://www.Wherigo.com/builder/download.aspx

2. Download and install .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1AEF6FCE-6E06-4B66-AFE4-9AAD3C835D3D&displaylang=en

3. Run command prompt with administrator privileges and ran the following command

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin\CorFlags.exe" /32BIT+ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Groundspeak\Wherigo\Builder\WherigoBuilder.exe"

My previously saved .lua files now seem to open without error although at the moment they only contain a name an initial coordinates

My previously saved .lua files now seem to open without error although at the moment they only contain a name an initial coordinates

That's a good enough test to verify the fix works for you! Don't forget about the map fix if you have not yet applied that one.

Also, as that was your first post, welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask for any help you need.