Cheap Hotels

Hi everyone.

As some of you may know, we've recently got back from a 3 day caching trip in the Berkshire area. We're going to try and cache lots of counties either camping or hotelling (sometimes the latter can be cheaper!)

During our day-to-day perusing of various websites and emails, we often come across really cheap hotel deals.

When I say really cheap, we were staying in a 5 star hotel in Sunninghill for £20 a night. We are shortly staying in High Wycombe for £10 a night in similar style. For us, this is often cheaper than travelling over a couple of days.

I'm happy to share these (unaffiliated!) links to all but I want to be sure that I won't get hit by a big stick!

Most of the hotels I come across are really cheap because they are predominantly business hotels who have little business at weekends, but then again, when you're caching miles from home, it doesn't really matter.

Any thoughts?

OK, well I'll go first.

De Vere are doing 2 dozen of their hotels from just £10 a night.

From experience, I've stayed at Watford, Daresbury and Greenwich and they're very tasty hotels.

There's a couple near Oxford too(hint hint, the Phillimores are moving away and archiving their caches).

IF YOU WANT TO BOOK 2 NIGHTS THEN IF IT IS LIKE LAST TIME, YOU HAVE TO BOOK THEM INDIVIDUALLY

It's a bit slow at the moment (I think about 1,000 others are doing the same) but the link is:

De Vere Hotels

These don't include breakfast (well, c'mon, a tenner?) so it's a BYO or McBreakfast

Ooh and another quick one.....

McDonalds Hotels Aviemore Inn from £19.99 a night

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/offers/ah...inter-break.htm

We frequently use Holiday Inn for caching weekends away, which we think are particularly good for families. You can get a family room, breakfast and sometimes a swimming pool (a good bribe for the kids), all for around £40 per night.

They also have a loyalty card on which you collect points from your visits, these points can then be used for FREE nights away - can't get much cheaper than that! :P

Oh how glad I was when I can on the forum this morning and saw this topic.

I've spent several days this week looking for accommodation in Aviemore for the school holidays. I checked the MacDonald's site yesterday and it was going to cost around £400 for 2 rooms for 3 nights. I finally decided to book a small hotel 3 miles from Aviemore and that was just over £300.

Then I saw this link this morning and have just booked 2 rooms, for 3 nights in the Macdonald Inn for £120. £7.50 for breakfast.

Many many thanks for sharing the info Stu.

We stayed in the Fontwell (Arundel) Travel Lodge from 27th-30th Dec. Grand Total? £30. There is a garage selling provisions right next door and an Beefeateresque pub just across the road.

You have to keep a close eye on the TL website at first but once youve been a few times, they e mail you when the £10PRPN deals are coming up, not all the TL's are included and its normally the quieter ones which have the deal. They do go like hot cakes though, you have to be quick.

Yes, TL's arent the best but by the time youve got in from caching, washed the mud off, ad yer dinner & a beer, you are unconcious anyway and could be in a shed!

The real bonus for dog owners.....yes, you can!

Edited by thehoomer

How about a pinned thread along the lines of...

Specials - Trains Planes Ferries and Hotels.

As I usually have a weekend away in the UK/Europe every 5-6 weeks this would be invaluable. :yikes:

For example....

Aer Lingus having a cheapo sale £9.99 inc taxes to Nice, Zurich,Munich and Vienna.

There is a handling fee and £6 baggage fee, but still came under £40.00.

I have taken them up on the Zurch deal.

OK, they sold out.

So now they have 5000 rooms for £19 (though oddly, there's still some £10 ones mixed in!)

http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/offers/leisu...s-19-pound.html

Looks like I've left too late...I was never very good at going for a TFTF caches - now bargain hotels! :unsure:

"The page http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/offers/leisu...s-19-pound.html you have requested was not found."

Edited by goldpot

OK, they sold out.

So now they have 5000 rooms for £19 (though oddly, there's still some £10 ones mixed in!)

http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/offers/leisu...s-19-pound.html

Looks like I've left too late...I was never very good at going for a TFTF caches - now bargain hotels! :unsure:

"The page http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/offers/leisu...s-19-pound.html you have requested was not found."

Here's the new one

http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/offers/leisu...oms-easter.html

They might be a bit thin on the ground, but there's still Ramada deals too

http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/dailymail.aspx

FAO

Anyone who uses Holiday Inn's and Express by Holiday Inns (plus other IHG Brands) WORLDWIDE!

Now one of my added benefits are rates for Friends and Family. Just contact me through my profile and I'll give you the website you need to be looking at.

Sarah

The best thing about Holiday Inn .... is the 'Pillow Menu' :laughing:

FAO

Anyone who uses Holiday Inn's and Express by Holiday Inns (plus other IHG Brands) WORLDWIDE!

Now one of my added benefits are rates for Friends and Family. Just contact me through my profile and I'll give you the website you need to be looking at.

Sarah

The best thing about Holiday Inn .... is the 'Pillow Menu' :laughing:

do they supply extra ones?

Had an email about this offer today, looks good for a weekend away caching...

"Value-packed breaks at 10 hotels across the UK, valid for adults 25-and-over only. For £79 per person (including tax) guests receive 2-nights B&B accommodation, plus the following valuable extras:

* Three-course dinner each night

* Unlimited drinks (draught beer and lager, house selection wines and soft drinks) between 6-11pm

* Unlimited house selection wine by the glass with dinner

* FREE tea and coffee in the lobby throughout the stay

* Early check-in at noon and late checkout up to 4pm**

* FREE parking and use of the leisure facilities (where applicable)

* No single supplement if requested

Travel is valid Friday to Sunday until 22 July and seven days a week from 23 July to 31 August. Book by 24 June."

It was the all-inclusive food & drinks that caught my eye. :grin:

More info here.

MrsB