Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Redwoods Mtn Biker

Lowrance Endura touchscreen series

The Sierra has a "digital, stabilized 3-axis compass".

Does anyone know how much the downloads will be? Is it topo and road?

Thanks

By clicking the hotlinks provided on this thread and visiting Lowrance.com you can find out about all anyone knows about these units at this time.

Edited by Indotguy

Did anyone notice that the Lowrance site has changed the name of the Outback to the Out&Back? Or was that an original typo?

Lowrance's legal team may have dropped the ball. I wonder if the Aussies are going to have change the name of their outback as well? :unsure:

Don't know if I missed this page before or they just added some of the stuff to it. They talk about screens and what can be done with these units. A couple of screen shots, but wish they were bigger and a pdf of what each unit does. Pretty much what you find elsewhere, but with a little better detail and more color.

http://enduracaching.info/

Well, I went ahead and did it! We have 2 perfectly fine Lowrance GPSrs (iFinders Expedition C and H2O C) and a PDA for paperless caching. With no need to upgrade, I went to hodgesmarine.com and found myself ordering the Endura Sierra. Total cost was $425. It's almost as if an occult hand reached down and ... never mind, I'm not Vinny! When a new gadget comes out I usually wait for the bugs to get worked out before I buy. However, I've had such great luck and product support with my current GPSrs that I feel secure in preordering the Sierra. After reading the literature, I couldn't resist. It should ship out next month and I will report back after I play with it for awhile.

I'm waiting for release to see if Amazon.com drops their price. I have about $75 in gift certificates there I would love to apply to the Endura Sierra.

The new images from Germany are great. I am drooling on my keyboard. I just hope the Endura line perform as well as they look.

Looks like all the online suppliers are raising their prices on the Sierra already. Most up to $435.00 now and they started at $420.00. I was thinking they may drop a bit, but I guess not. I did find one out there actually lower than I have ever seen before too though. $402.00 and free shiping for the Sierra. Does anyone know how much the turn by turn is going to cost on this thing? I do understand it has 30 days free turn by turn when you get it.

I ordered an out&back model - will let you know when I get it - supposed to start shipping on Friday.....

Looks like all the online suppliers are raising their prices on the Sierra already. Most up to $435.00 now and they started at $420.00. I was thinking they may drop a bit, but I guess not. I did find one out there actually lower than I have ever seen before too though. $402.00 and free shiping for the Sierra. Does anyone know how much the turn by turn is going to cost on this thing? I do understand it has 30 days free turn by turn when you get it.

Where did you see it for $402?

Ichthys, Sent you an email with the website. Did you get my other email too. I founf the screen shots. Looks like might have the same problem as the Oregon with sunlight viewing. I don't think its too much of a problem though.

Ichthys, Sent you an email with the website. Did you get my other email too. I founf the screen shots. Looks like might have the same problem as the Oregon with sunlight viewing. I don't think its too much of a problem though.

Yup, got them both. Thanks, glad you could see the screen shots.

Has anyone who has already ordered one of these units been given an estimated ship date? If not does anyone know when they will go out. I see now on http://www.gpscity.com/item-lowrance-endur...ndurasierra.htm a new estimated ship date of 6-12-09. That would kind of stick if they got bumped back again, but maybe its just this dealer.

Hodges Marine still lists the estimated ship date of 1 May. Don't know if that will hold up.

Has anyone who has already ordered one of these units been given an estimated ship date? If not does anyone know when they will go out. I see now on http://www.gpscity.com/item-lowrance-endur...ndurasierra.htm a new estimated ship date of 6-12-09. That would kind of stick if they got bumped back again, but maybe its just this dealer.

Lowrance still says they will ship in May.....

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Outdoo...ndura-Out-Back/

Are they here yet? Huh?...huh?...huh?...are they here yet? Are they they? Are they? Are they?

Hodges Marine still lists the estimated ship date of 1 May. Don't know if that will hold up.

Hodges changed the available date to "pending". hmmmmmmm????!!!????

Is it just me or are the delays these things going through getting out of hand. They were originally to be released 5-1, then mid May, then it was 6-12 and now I am seeing not until 6-17. Looks like I won't have one as a Father's Day Gift either.

The summer will be over before I ever get to use one of these. Might just opt for the Oregon 400T or wait on the 550T.

Is it just me or are the delays these things going through getting out of hand. They were originally to be released 5-1, then mid May, then it was 6-12 and now I am seeing not until 6-17. Looks like I won't have one as a Father's Day Gift either.

The summer will be over before I ever get to use one of these. Might just opt for the Oregon 400T or wait on the 550T.

Lowrance website still says May......

I called Lowrance Tech Support. The last word they had was that the Endura line will be released in the late May to early June time frame.The release date isn't fixed yet. That's ok by me since I would rather they do it right instead of doing it fast. Can't wait to try it out. :lol:

Lowrance's website now says available in Stores - June 2009.

A "knowledgeable" person I spoke with said - mid to late June now. Some kind of manufacturing issue.

sigh......

Lowrance has released a Quick Start Guide for the Endura series. I have linked to it from my website at EnduraCaching.info

Edited by ICHTHYS

Lowrance has also now released product brochures for each unit.

They also list the release date as June '09 now.

I'm wondering if you will actually be able to get a full 15hrs on alkalines ? I can wait to hear the reviews on

the Safari... :P

I'm reasonably sure 15 hours is the maximum under optimum conditions, backlight off, etc. I too wait with anticipation for reviews...

I just saw that GPSCITY says they will be shipping 6-12-09 :)

“Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.” :D

Benjamin Franklin

Anyone know if Lowrance has added a timestamp to the tracklogs yet? Gotta carry a different unit when I need that data... stupid.

Anyone know if Lowrance has added a timestamp to the tracklogs yet? Gotta carry a different unit when I need that data... stupid.

"Trip computer records trails, altitudes, trip times, speed and distance travelled."

Lowrance

Whoops!!! - The Lowarance website now says "in stores" July 2009.......

So should we figure on August?

I thought it was pretty strange that this unit was only days away from release yet there were no "preview" samples being reviewed yet.

Some companies let review units out ahead of time; for others, it's weeks after the public can buy them before review units get distributed. I've recently been told that it's looking like the end of June before I'll get a review unit.

I was told this morning that the first units will be out to "select" suppliers on June 17. General ship date is set for Early July.

I was told this morning that the first units will be out to "select" suppliers on June 17. General ship date is set for Early July.

So....We wait ;)

GPSPassion test run in the UK.

"I was invited to take part in the European press launch of the new Lowrance Endura handhelds on June 4th in Windermere, UK, in the Lake District. While there is still some work being done on the devices, both hardware and software (like having "Track Up" for Raster Maps), they were already quite functional, so much so that we used them on the sporting/geocaching event that had been organized for us."

GPSPassion forum

I'll have to say that the screen looks much brighter than the Oregon's.

3 things that will make or break it for me:

1) If they use the Cartesio chipset no thanks. The Cartesio is a dog at slow (hiking) speeds.

2) Battery life with NIMH AA's

3) Map selection. They better come big and hopefully allow you to make your own maps for the unit from shape/raster data.

Yikes - just heard from a supplier that the ship date has slipped to early August now.........sigh.