Caches to Ashes and Ammo Cans to Dust

Emtplatt13

It wouldn't be difficult to mold explosive material in to the shape a toys cars or whatnot. A clear container is no guarantee that it's not a bomb.

What the heck is a whatnot??

A whatnot is another word for etc. Does that explain it?

Edited by calfly

Pretty simple. Take the end of your line and form a loop around your waist. Hold the end in your right hand with your index and middle fingers extended and about a foot of line running beyond them. Your left arm is extended in front of you holding the other side of the loop. Take your right hand's extended fingers with the line and bring it down on top of the other side of the loop. Make a motion with your fingers like you are scooping Cool Whip out of the tub, making a small loop in the line in the process. The end of the line follows your fingers through the loop. Now grab the end of the line and loop it around the main line toward your left hand, and then bring it back through the small loop formed entering from the top. Pull it all tight and you have a "whatnot".

A what-not is a piece of furniture derived from the French étagère, which was exceedingly popular in England in the first three-quarters of the 19th century. It usually consists of slender uprights or pillars, supporting a series of shelves for holding china, ornaments or trifles of any kind, hence the allusive name. In its English form, although a convenient drawing room receptacle, it was rarely beautiful. The early mahogany examples are, however, sometimes graceful in their simplicity. In some parts of the United States, the term what-nots has come to mean the decorative ornaments so displayed.

It wouldn't be difficult to mold explosive material in to the shape a toys cars or whatnot. A clear container is no guarantee that it's not a bomb.

Um, and here I thought, um, that it was a term, um, for lazy and incapable speakers to unecessarily, um, fill the air with noise, um. I was joking.. I know what it means. I've just never seen it written out before. I usually only hear it while in useless meetings at work or by dorks calling into talk radio stations. I think its use is rather fascinating.

Um, and here I thought, um, that it was a term, um, for lazy and incapable speakers to unecessarily, um, fill the air with noise, um. I was joking.. I know what it means. I've just never seen it written out before. I usually only hear it while in useless meetings at work or by dorks calling into talk radio stations. I think its use is rather fascinating.

Do I dare say, "Whatever"?

No, the point is you don't want to pound the first responders to relax over an ammo cam and have them look it up on GC, have one near by and take a lax stance, because they have become complacent. That's all, not the property owners, but kids who cache and play in the area could fall victim.

Well actually, yeah I do. Maybe not the looking it up on GC, since geocaches aren't the only things they implode, but yeah I would like for them, and the rest of the public to get their collective panties unwaded.

Ever since 9-11 we've had dozens of Nervous Nellies running around crying about the sky falling on us and blowing up all sorts of harmless objects in the name of making us "safe." The Conway Bomb Squad is a prime example as they also blew up a micro last year that was in an old plastic M&M tube!

I'd really like it if they would relax a little and THINK before blowing up every dropped box or misplaced backpack.

The news media hyped up this one as being "near" an airport. It was 50 yards away and across the street from the nearest building, behind a concrete barricade that would have directed any potenial blast the other direction. The "airport" in question is a seldom used regional runway with weeds growing in the cracks of the single taxi-way and a metal sided shed as the "terminal." I'm sure the place is on every terrorists list of targets to hit.

Anyone with an ounce of brains, not to mention people trained in explosives, should have looked at the location where this was at and asked themselves, "where is the target?"

A terrorist wants attention. You don't get that by exploding a bomb across the road from a rural runway.

As for all the geocachers "agreeing" to some new deal with the CFD/CPD, well let's just say I'm glad I don't live in Conway or I'd be having words with the two or three cachers who decided they had the right to speak for me about what containers and camo methods I used.

AK

Sir, I must ask you to take your common sense viewpoints elsewhere. You're impeding Chicken Little's goal to have us all jumping at shadows.

:P:laughing::laughing::D:anibad::)

Note: When the 'gubment' wants you to be afraid, you should be... of them. :D

Yes, when the government agency spokespeople and the media (of which the worst offenders are the 6 PM and 11 PM TV news shows) run around screaming "Worry!, worry!, fear!, fear!", I wonder exactly what makes them tick. In fact, I must say that lately it appears to me almost as if an occult hand had reached down from above and moved the players like pawns upon some giant chessboard, with the purpose of orchestrating a sinister conspiracy, one designed to flood our minds with unreasonable and irrational fear.

I must say that lately it appears to me almost as if an occult hand had reached down from above and moved the players like pawns upon some giant chessboard, with the purpose of orchestrating a sinister conspiracy, one designed to flood our minds with unreasonable and irrational fear.

You know whats odd? I've heard this same sentiment so much lately! I can't remember where else I've seen it though. It has come up so much though, that I wonder if an occult hand has reached down from above, moving players like pawns on a chess board, with the purpose of orchestrating a sinister conspiracy, one designed to flood our minds with unreasonable and irrational fear.

I must say that lately it appears to me almost as if an occult hand had reached down from above and moved the players like pawns upon some giant chessboard, with the purpose of orchestrating a sinister conspiracy, one designed to flood our minds with unreasonable and irrational fear.

You know whats odd? I've heard this same sentiment so much lately! I can't remember where else I've seen it though. It has come up so much though, that I wonder if an occult hand has reached down from above, moving players like pawns on a chess board, with the purpose of orchestrating a sinister conspiracy, one designed to flood our minds with unreasonable and irrational fear.

Did I ever mention that I'm good at...

.... oooh, checkmate!