How do you log finds?

Maddie's Posse

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the hobby and have purchased an Oregon 400t. I am a premium member of geocaching and have also downloaded GSAK to help manage my caches.

My question involves the process of updating my finds on the geocaching.com website. I've successfully downloaded a PQ and imported it into GSAK and transferred that into my OR. Also, I know I'm able to log my finds in the field, BUT THEN WHAT?

At that stage should I go back to the website or update GSAK in order to upload my finds? What's the proper sequence? Also, it's a bit unclear to me how do either.

Thanks a lot for any assistance! Also, any other bits of advice for a noob with a 400t would be very appreciated...Happy caching! <_<

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the hobby and have purchased an Oregon 400t. I am a premium member of geocaching and have also downloaded GSAK to help manage my caches.

My question involves the process of updating my finds on the geocaching.com website. I've successfully downloaded a PQ and imported it into GSAK and transferred that into my OR. Also, I know I'm able to log my finds in the field, BUT THEN WHAT?

At that stage should I go back to the website or update GSAK in order to upload my finds? What's the proper sequence? Also, it's a bit unclear to me how do either.

Thanks a lot for any assistance! Also, any other bits of advice for a noob with a 400t would be very appreciated...Happy caching! <_<

You can pull the finds into GSAK from your GPS to help you keep a running total of your finds, but actually logging your find on gc will need you doing so on the website.

I Think there is a macro for GSAK that will do this, but I've never trusted those type macros completely. I would rather take a few minutes and log my finds on the website.

I'm a complete newbie myself so this may be of no help, but I log my finds (I also have a new Oregon 400T) on the GPS, add a field note (on the Oregon) and then manually log my finds on geocaching.com... Perhaps there is an easier way, but this is working for me right now (although I only have three finds thus far, so..............) <_<