"Must do" Southwest BC Caches?

StephenTravels

Howdy! I'm a cacher from Washington State who's looking into exploring some neat places north of the border as well as finding my 900th cache. I was wondering if any of you living in SW BC might have some suggestions for some really cool caches in your area (anywhere from Vancouver to Hope). Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There is a very cool one in Hope called Killdeer's Klutch - very tricky, very unique. However if there is snow on the ground you may have a challenge to find it.

What time of year are you planning on coming?

GC11RWJ

I will definitely agree on the Crossing the Mighty Fraser as MercRocks said - absoutely amazing and memorable

Edited by Tulameen Turtles

If you have a Colorado, Oregon or a Pocket PC, you could do my Wherigo cache in Bridal Falls (which is the first Wherigo cache in BC!). In fact, the STF prize is the only one that has been claimed... FTF and TTF are still there.

GC1K47J Bridal Falls Adventure

The Bridal Falls area also has numerous other caches... some drive-ups and some require a bit of walking.

Edited by Teddy2k

Thanks for all the ideas, keep 'em coming! I think I might drive up anytime as soon as two weeks (end of January) till the beginning of March. Is there snow in Hope throughout the winter? I've only been there during the summer, and I have no idea what winter is like up there.

Depends on the weather the next few weeks - right now you're probably safe as most of the snow on the ground has metled - however apprently they are calling for a few flurries this weekend..

If you follow this link:

http://www.bcgeocaching.com/index.php?name...ewforum&f=4

It will take you to the bcgeocaching forum where people can reccomend caches you may find a few more in there

Thanks for all the ideas, keep 'em coming! I think I might drive up anytime as soon as two weeks (end of January) till the beginning of March. Is there snow in Hope throughout the winter? I've only been there during the summer, and I have no idea what winter is like up there.

Depends on the weather the next few weeks - right now you're probably safe as most of the snow on the ground has metled - however apprently they are calling for a few flurries this weekend..

If you follow this link:

http://www.bcgeocaching.com/index.php?name...ewforum&f=4

It will take you to the bcgeocaching forum where people can reccomend caches you may find a few more in there

Thanks for all the hints! I'll check out the BC forums.

If you have a Colorado, Oregon or a Pocket PC, you could do my Wherigo cache in Bridal Falls (which is the first Wherigo cache in BC!). In fact, the STF prize is the only one that has been claimed... FTF and TTF are still there.

GC1K47J Bridal Falls Adventure

I was hoping to post the first Wherigo in this area, but congrats on the first. Mine will be posted in the spring, but I will be sure to check yours out first!!