User put my coin in Geocaching.com.au

j_czerwin

A person who geocaches in Australia took one of my coins TB1E7F3 out of a geocache GC10415 Little Flaggy Creek Cache and then put it in a cache GA0810 which appears to be another type of game.

How did he do that or how did that happen? Do I specualate he is playing two games and messed up my coin?

I'd enjoy suggestions on what to do at this point. So Far I just grabbed the coin back from him...

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide,

Jay

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching.com Web Site forum to the Geocoin Discussions forum.

Seems that my question was more about geocaching sites than about coins, but i guess I put too much emphasis on the coin in my example.

Hopefully coin experts know about different website operations???

Yes, I think what has happened is that your coin is trackable on gc.com. In Australia there are other caches which are listed on the Geocaching Australia website.Your coin is not trackable there. It is most likely that while caching the person just had the cache in his/her GPS and didn't remember that it was a GCA cache. The best thing to do is contact the cacher to see if they can go back to retrieve it or find a cacher who lives nearby to retrieve it. Let me check out the GA# for you to see where it is.

We would suggest you post a log on the forums at www.geocaching.com.au in the international section (this does not require you to register) and seek assistance with having the coin moved to a nearby GC cache. We would help if we could, but the location is some 600km south and we are unlikely to be travelling that distance in the forseeable future.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching.com Web Site forum to the Geocoin Discussions forum.

Seems that my question was more about geocaching sites than about coins, but i guess I put too much emphasis on the coin in my example.

Hopefully coin experts know about different website operations???

What Geocaching.com Web Site bug or feature enhancement were you asking about? That's the purpose of the forum you posted in. There is no site feature possible that can physically prevent a user from leaving your trackable item in a Terracache, Navicache, Geocaching.au cache, etc. So, the best place for your thread is here, where trackables experts can provide tips on how to get your coin back into a cache where its movements can be tracked. I see you are already getting some helpful advice, and I'm happy to see that.

The good news is, it is simply as matter of logging the coin into another cache to put it back into play. You can also post a note to the TB page and the geocaching.com.au page and ask if someone could move it along. Or email the cacher who put it there, see if they live near there and ask that they get it back into play, since they left it there.