Geocacher placing too many caches?

reikenbe

I say Just go find all of them and move on, if they are so boring just get them done on or put on ignore list. Then find another park or neat spot to hide a nicer cache. Most are Micros nad some areas Hate micros no matter where they are. Here in Fresno Most of our finds are Micros, No big deal They are still fun to go and look for. we just like to get out with or without the Kids. Some times we get just US time and thts cool too.

It's a game not life or death......well for some people anyhow.

You could try buying him air fare to Florida. Load this cache into his/her GPSr. Maybe they'll get the hint. If that fails, might I suggest you resort to hiring a pack of Ninjas? (Is "pack" the right word? Horde, maybe?) :o
I believe a "Host of Ninjas" is the phrase you are looking for.

:):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:ph34r:;):ph34r::ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edit: I just googled it, and found an intersting thread on this question. Looks like there is no definitive term. Some of the more fun answers:

A hedge of ninjas.

"We are a hedge. Please move along."

A wraith of ninjas

A hood of ninjas

A murder of ninjas?

Ninji?

Sir, sir, sir, and sir.
A silence of ninjas?

An inevitability of ninjas?

A doom of ninjas?

A black of ninjas?

A balaclava of ninjas?

A probability of ninjas?

A rabble of ninjas?

whatever they ask to be called...

... assuming they bother to tell you before they attack.

You don't call them anything, because you don't even know they're there.
a turtle van of ninjas
A couple answers wouldn't pass the family-friendly guidelines, so if you want to see the whole thing, google it yourself. ;)

Now, the real question is, what would you do if a "turtle van" of ninjas were to place a bunch of micros in a local park? Would you complain then? :P

Edited by Too Tall John

:D:D Reflecting on the OP, it may be easier than you think. I too have a lot of hides. When I placed them there were many archived caches in the area and not many hiders. So I placed many new caches.

Now that there are more new cachers in the area hiding caches, I've offered to forfeit areas and allow others to adopt my caches. Less work for me to maintain them, and more fun for them to be creative.

I'd suggest talking to the other cacher and ask if you could adopt some of their caches. You could share with them that you'd like to hide a higher difficulty (or more creative) cache in their space and ask if they will let you take over their existing cache.

You may be surprised at their response. It could be they would gladly adopt some out to you, and welcome the chance to find what you've hidden.

This could be a win-win for both parties. :laughing:

Good luck and let me know how it turns out. :laughing::D

This gives you an opportunity to come up with something completely different than what that cacher is doing. If they are saturating the area with the same type of hide, come up with something completely out of the box to give everyone a thrill. If your community cachers see 70 LPC from the same guy but 1 super neat hide from you that makes it unique, whose cache do you think they'll remember next month, or next year? They'll forget about 68 of those LPC, but will remember your 1, unique cache for a long time.

What really stinks is i found a perfect place for a cache and a LPC hide knocks that area out. another good spot for a regular was knocked out by a mini altoids micro on a transformer cache. its not that easy finding good spots in urban areas. none of mine are LPC's[yet]

Have you tried contacting the CO and asking him to archive the listing and explaining you have a cache you would like to place. I currently found an awesome spot for a stage of a multi. Unfortunately, there was another cache too close. I contacted the CO explaining the situation and he was glad to let his cache go to allow a new unique cache (I hope to have it in place this weekend). I am not saying it will work, but it might. I would guess you would need something unique to actually persuade the cacher.

Also, the cacher may be placing the same type cache so other cachers have something to find. He/she may think he is doing the caching community a favor versus a disservice. Easy caches sometimes means inexpensive which means more caches for your money.

But, instead of complaining about a few uninventive caches in my area, I have done my best to place a few caches that I feel are worth someones precious time.

Sounds like you found an awesome solution. Hopefully, others will be inspired by your hides, and your home turf won't become a bastion of lameness. :D

There is no rule to how close you have to live

Actually, there is something fairly similar. From the guidelines:

A geocacher whose previous finds and hides are all within 25 miles of their home would likely not see their cache published if placed 250 miles away from their home.

Yes but that is not a rule but a guideline.

I'm pretty sure that's what the phrase "something fairly similar indicates. If you wish to test the strength of this guideline, hop in your car and drive 500 miles in a direction you don't normally travel, to an area you have never cached in, where you have no friends, relatives or even acquaintances. Plop a film can in the shrubbery of the nearest Burger King and see if it'll get published. While it's not impossible, I would say it's unlikely, unless you invoke The Power of Aunt Edna.

I'm pretty sure that's what the phrase "something fairly similar indicates. If you wish to test the strength of this guideline, hop in your car and drive 500 miles in a direction you don't normally travel, to an area you have never cached in, where you have no friends, relatives or even acquaintances. Plop a film can in the shrubbery of the nearest Burger King and see if it'll get published. While it's not impossible, I would say it's unlikely, unless you invoke The Power of Aunt Edna.

If it's a B.K. shrub they are tossing it in they make be able to invoke The power of the King. ;):):):):laughing:

One option nobody has discussed yet is to just start taking the caches you don't like. If you do that enough the caches will get archived. I've never tried that, but it seems like it would work ;)

That's just wrong and you never mention it even in jest to a person that thinks they are entitled to a location especially when they try to conceal their perceived entitlement by crying "Not fair."

You mean the imaginary Aunt Edna? Yes, a couple of vacation lame micros were recently placed in my area (I live near Niagara Falls). Of course as far as I'm concerned, they ceased to exist about 15 minutes after I got the publication notice. ;) I think as long as you get the "local maintainer" thing covered, being if you know enough to do it beforehand, or start frantically emailing locals looking for someone to do it after the fact, the cache will still get published.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

You mean the imaginary Aunt Edna? Yes, a couple of vacation lame micros were recently placed in my area (I live near Niagara Falls). Of course as far as I'm concerned, they ceased to exist about 15 minutes after I got the publication notice. :lol: I think as long as you get the "local maintainer" thing covered, being if you know enough to do it beforehand, or start frantically emailing locals looking for someone to do it after the fact, the cache will still get published.

Still trying to figure out the cache about 30 miles from here hidden by a Hungarian. Presumably lived here. Started caching in June, found 8 caches locally, hid one cache. Moved back to Hungary in July. Cache seems to have been muggled (it was not well hidden). He's got a long way to go to perform maintenance!