Where's your nearest unfound cache?

marikun

My nearest unfound cache is now at 7.6 miles. It was published a few days ago when I was out of town on business. The next two closest are at around 11 miles, also published a couple of days ago. I had been sitting on 14.3 miles to the closest cache for awhile when I found that one a little over a week ago. It was 1.7 miles from the closest parking. The first 1.1 miles was down a gated seasonal road to a spot that was mostly a bushwack to the cache. It's only been found 6 times since it was published a couple of years ago. After finding that one the next closest was 14.8 miles, a cache I had tried to find when there was about 2' of snow on the ground. After that the closest is 15.5 miles.

In about 3 weeks I'll be searching for a cache that is 7034 miles from home.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

0.3 miles away. its a 3 part multi in which stage 3 is like 50 feet from a paranoid guy who thinks i'm looking for crack and threatened to call the police AFTER i explained the game to him. GZ is where theres a rockpile so its not a zip in zip out type thing. it only has one find and that was in dec 2008. needless to say, its on my list.

Less than a mile from the house. Apparently a micro in the bushes in front of a 24-hour restaurant. I'm gonna have to be pretty hard up for a find before I go get this one.

The three closest caches to my house I've left unfound. One is a micro in our small community park. One is a micro at the sign to our community. The last one is a micro beside the road. These caches just don't interest me.

I've found my nearest since my earlier post in this topic, and my new nearest is now 50.5 miles away. It looks like an interesting one, with a nice hike to an abandoned tunnel, so I've been thinking of taking a day to go after it. But the last find was in December 2006, and since then the only log is a lone DNF. I'm reluctant to go all that way to look for a cache that has quite possibly been muggled. Hmmm, what to do?