Iceland - Must find caches

My fiancee and I will be heading to Iceland for a week in February. Anyone with cache recommendations? I want to find as many must see caches - the more beautiful the landscape the better. We're getting married in Thingvellir, so we will be spending at least two days in and out of there.

We're willing to find as many as possible in Reykjavik but would prefer to find the cool caches first rather than those placed at lame sites just to be placed. Any ideas are more than welcome - thanks.

We've never been to Iceland before but are going in March.

GCYQAG (Walking with the vikings) and GCK8EN (Above Thingvallavatn) are both in/near Thingvellir so would be easy for you to do.

If you can, GCZCNE (Gullfoss (Golden Falls)), GC1G4XZ (Geysir - powerful hot spring) and GCYDR6 (KRAEHE Nr. 14) look like 'must do' caches.

Hope this helps,

Mike

PLANNING TO BE ON THE ISLAND FOR A WEEK PLUS IN JULY/AUGUST. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW OF SOME HIKING CACHES, PERHAPS AN EARTHCACHE OR TWO THAT ARE TOPS IN THEIR FIELD. WILL BE STAYING MOSTLY IN REYKAVIK, BUT MAY BE TRAVELING ABOUT TO CAMP AND TOUR THE ISLAND. IS THERE A LOCAL GEOCACHING GROUP ACTIVE ON THE ISLAND? THANKS FROM NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA.

Hello

hmmmm .... I´m searching for special caches

I want to find nice spots (not a fast grab and go) outside Reykiavik (highland ?)

Are there Cave Caches (without rope to do).

Are there nices spots, you have to see ??

Like the earthcaches Askja, Jökulsalon, Gullfoss, Geysir, Gjan

Are there cool cache containers, you have to see

(not always a plastic container under a stone) ??

Whats the best adventure-Cache in Iceland (i know, the hole land is an adventure ....)

Biggi

TO MINERP

For a small hike in the outskirt of Reykjavík I really recommend City of Fire and Esja. There is also a nice one (not far from Reykjavík) on the way to Glymur, the highest Icelandic waterfall and some more which require longer hikes, eg. Botnssúlur or Vífilsfell.

I say - there are no ugly places in Iceland so there are no bad caches here. If you want to recommend some more, you can contact me.

About the group I am afraid there isn't any. There are only few Icelandic geocachers. But I am trying to get in contact with some of them (opened a group at Facebook - only me plus one more member by now) and I've started planning an event to see if someone will come.

Edited by dankaj

TO BIGGI H

PHZ has just started making a cave serie - there are three by now but I hope he will add some more.

The most beautiful container I've seen here was on Lauganes peninsula in Reykjavík. You don't like plastic lunch boxes? Be ready for jars, unfortunately often wet or broken, and very sharp lava stones (I really recommend to take a pair of gloves with you).

Adventure? What about getting FTF on a cache published more than a year ago?