Add another cache size to selection

cache_n_out

Micro works just fine for me. What bothers me is when nanos are listed as Unknown size. This has been covered quite a bit though in all seriousness, TPTB do not see a need for another cache size listing.

Yeah,, that one is always a killer - unknown container - unknown size. That could be anything from an extra large ammo can to a nano! Have no clue as to what you should be looking for.

I'll hunt them but usually because I can't stand giving up! :D

Hi All,

Just thought I'd toss this out there. There seem to be a TON of nano- sized caches out there. Some folks are nice enough to mention it in the listing, but if there was an option in the list catagory to pick it I think most folks would clue you in.

Dan

Feature request: Nano cache size, Smaller than micro

Nano Caches why is there not a new size on the website for nano sized caches

Feature Request: Nano size option Discussion on adding nano to the size options for listing

Nano cache category

Enhancement Request - New Cache Size NANO

Music to my ears:

There is no need for a nano type. As mentioned above the Micro type includes nanos. It also includes picos. even the atto (10 to the -18) would be covered by Micro.

At some point there has to be a cap on types. The Micro was a good point to stop.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd toss this out there. There seem to be a TON of nano- sized caches out there. Some folks are nice enough to mention it in the listing, but if there was an option in the list catagory to pick it I think most folks would clue you in.

Dan

How about "Archived" :D

Yeah,, that one is always a killer - unknown container - unknown size. That could be anything from an extra large ammo can to a nano! Have no clue as to what you should be looking for.

"Psst. An unknown size is almost always a micro..."

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Skippermark

Edited for clarity.

Yes, and around here often hidden within some larger object so that the total package is more the size of a traditional.

THe container placed by the hider should conform to the size definitions. So, placing a nano inside of an ammo can is NOT a micro.

Exactly, so not listing the size is really a better option because it insinuates there is something more to learn when you get there. The ones I'm talking about aren't in normal containers, but are slid into chunks of wood, rubber critters, walnuts, hollow rocks, and the like.

Edited for clarity.

Usually, but I have been caching in an area in north FL and a LOT of the caches seem to be "Unknown Size" and they have been everything from ammo cans to cammo'd bic pens..

Since large size is extremely rare, the only size that effectively doesn't have micros mixed in with it yet is regular. Smalls are being overtaken by what used to be micros (altoids, etc). Maybe it's because people think nanos are micros, so they consider an Altoids tin to be a small. So if creating a nano size would migrate things back to the way they are supposed to be then I'd be for it. I would enjoy finding some "real" smalls like decon containers and not finding micros instead.

P.S. I hate the unknown size.

Edited by TrailGators