Amazon.com lists two Oregon 400t units?

Can someone please explain why Amazon has two listings for the 400t model with two different prices?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Garmin Oregon 400T 3-Inch Touchscreen Handheld GPS Unit with Preloaded Topographic Maps

$461.55

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Touchscreen-H...6055&sr=8-1

Garmin Oregon 400t Handheld Touchscreen GPS Navigator with Topographic Map and 3-D Perspective

$510.00

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-400t-Touchscr...6055&sr=8-3

thanks.

Different resellers.

Keep in mind Amazon sells stuff directly, but they also let people set up their own 'stores' within the Amazon web site. Sometimes the prices are better, sometimes not. Usually inflated shipping costs offset any savings. If it looks way to good to be true, there is probably a catch -- like its a refurb, etc...

Most of their product listings contain the manufacturer's SKU or part # -- make sure they are the same for both items.

I just bought the $461.55 one. I can't wait!

Mine's out for delivery now!

[Edit] And delivered! I updated to 2.86beta and the displayed accuracy went from 24' to 12', exactly on par with my Edge 305 (SiRFStar III) that I was using for comparison. They showed the same location to one thousandth of a minute and were physically about 2' apart. I haven't yet recorded any tracks though.

The display issue is grossly overblown. While it obviously doesn't have the stark contrast of my eTrex Vista or Edge/Forerunner 305s, it is easily readable. The map is a little hard to read but as has been mentioned, turning off the elevation shading makes a huge difference. I've never seen/used a 60CSx so I can't compare that screen, but the increased resolution makes the trade-off in visibility worthwhile to me.

Edited by LiquidMantis

I just bought the $461.55 one. I can't wait!

Mine's out for delivery now!

[Edit] And delivered! I updated to 2.86beta and the displayed accuracy went from 24' to 12', exactly on par with my Edge 305 (SiRFStar III) that I was using for comparison. They showed the same location to one thousandth of a minute and were physically about 2' apart. I haven't yet recorded any tracks though.

The display issue is grossly overblown. While it obviously doesn't have the stark contrast of my eTrex Vista or Edge/Forerunner 305s, it is easily readable. The map is a little hard to read but as has been mentioned, turning off the elevation shading makes a huge difference. I've never seen/used a 60CSx so I can't compare that screen, but the increased resolution makes the trade-off in visibility worthwhile to me.

Mine is due tomorrow. thagt is good to hear re: the screen issue. I had a 60 CSX. Iloved it. Iw as nervous about changing, becasue it was so good. But the paperless cache and some other bells made it worth the risk. I will post my take when I get it as well. WOOHOO!

My son and I went out 'caching yesterday afternoon and had no problems whatsoever with usability. The conditions were overcast and bright, supposedly the worst conditions for the Oregon. The screen was always readable (backlight maxed) without any tricks like shading the screen or putting it in my shadow. It got us right on top of the cache with no issues at all.

I was hesitant to order the Oregon with the lukewarm responses it's received but I'm very happy with my purchase. There are a few minor UI navigation niggles that could easily be resolved by firmware, e.g. no easy direct way to get to the cache description page from the map screen, but overall it's a solid product.