Unactivated geocoin values?

ClayC

When I got into caching in 06, I really liked the geocoins and bought up quite a few over a period of time. I even bought doubles that I never activated.

well Ive decided I dont need the doubles, so Im probably going to sell them. Where can I find a value for these coins? Ive tried looking at prices on ebay but very few of the coins are listed there. I dont know if its because they are older, not as popular, etc.

thanks!

clay

When I got into caching in 06, I really liked the geocoins and bought up quite a few over a period of time. I even bought doubles that I never activated.

well Ive decided I dont need the doubles, so Im probably going to sell them. Where can I find a value for these coins? Ive tried looking at prices on ebay but very few of the coins are listed there. I dont know if its because they are older, not as popular, etc.

thanks!

clay

Maybe you can post some of the coin names here and see if anyone will offer you good advice.

Did you do a good search on ebay ?

Maybe you can post some of the coin names here and see if anyone will offer you good advice.

Did you do a good search on ebay ?

Well, I think I did a good search of ebay. My goal here isnt to "make a killing", I just dont want to give them away either if you know what I mean.

Here are some off the top of my head. I have a typed list at home:

Quigley Jones Tall Ship

2006 Landshark

2007 Landshark

International Bank of Cachers, blue w/ gold

Team Sand Dollar, Complete set of "legend of the sand dollar", 3 coins

Windrose Dream catchers, complete set of 4 w/ extra incorrect version.

2006 Indiana

2007 Indiana

FTF, bronze

Geocache America, bronze

there are like 23 coins total if I remember correctly.

Full list:

I. Aladdin person coin (toadstool?), black nickel

II. Spinning top geocoin, black nickel

III. 2007 Indiana geocoin (trackable, x2)

IV. First to Find geocoin, bronze (regular)

V. 2006 team sand dollar, black

VI. 2006 team sand dollar, silver

VII. geocache America, bronze (regular)

VIII. 2006 Indiana coin (trackable)

IX. 2006 wsgaskins “Gascan” geocoin, black edge

X. 2007 wsgaskins “geodiesel” geocoin, black nickel w/ black crystal

XI. International Bank of Cachers, blue w/ gold

XII. Great Reward geocoin, black nickel

XIII. Quigley Jones tall ship, silver

XIV. 2007 Landshark, nickel

XV. 2006 Landshark, nickel

XVI. Flying Spaghetti Monster, red

XVII. Complete set of (3) Legend of the Sand Dollar by team sand dollar

XVIII. Complete set of (4) Windrose “Dream Catcher” geocoins + 1 mistake coin w/ tracking number scratched out.

You should have an email - waiting to hear........

yea ive yet to get a responce, perhaps they are collecting up more coins to get rid of hehe.

You are both correct, I have received emails about these coins, and I have not yet replied. BUT your missing the point of my post............ I dont know what these coins are worth. <_<

once I figure that out, I will officially offer the ones I want to sell to the masses.

geocoins worth is only as much as somone is willing to pay,

Ive seen a coin go for $5 while the day before the same coin went for $80. It depends on how bad somone wants it.

But in effect a geocoin is only worth about $5.50 (cost to make with tracking) what makes them worth more is who dont have them. And how much the have nots have to spend.

I myself dont have much to spend so coins are wroth about $10-$15 each for me and perhaps $20 for rare and $30-40 for super rare.

Edited by princeshoko

geocoins worth is only as much as somone is willing to pay,

Ive seen a coin go for $5 while the day before the same coin went for $80. It depends on how bad somone wants it.

But in effect a geocoin is only worth about $5.50 (cost to make with tracking) what makes them worth more is who dont have them. And how much the have nots have to spend.

true.

so how much are you willing to spend ;)