COINTEST! Name my geo-puppy!

DJ.J.ROCK

It would be great to name him Lucky! :D

you need luck to find some caches, don't you? :D

It would be nice when you take him with you, to have 2 bowls, one for water and one for food! Hm... I think for water is a "must have" with you! My godfather who had dogs made a bowl from a half plactic ball! :huh:

He can bring it with him easily and it is not heavy or something!!! :P

Of course, it is good to have an extra bottle of water for him! He will be the new member of your geocaching team!!! -_-

...or you can call him "muggle!!!" :D

Tip...

I heard that there is a spesial colar with remote control! when your dog goes too far away from you, you press a button and makes him stop, or makes him come to you!

It sounds good, but I am afraid that it is not the best for the dog! Is there a possibility that electricity is forcing the dog to stop? If yes... it is not good!!!

In case you want something like that, check first!!!

Name - Nimrod (It means - the mighty hunter)

Tip - Get him interested in looking at where you either point or move a twig with your foot - you look so less obvious waiting for a dog to sniff around a tree than when you are trying to see the darned box in the ivy!!!

(Of course if he is a smart dog train him to look for tupperware and you just do the walking!!!!) :D

Bob

I'd name him "askum" ... the reactions from people that ask his name would be priceless... how many people would bend down and actually ask the dog it's name??? LoL

Hey, my brother used to have a dog called "Askim" and he (my brother, not the dog), did have a lot of fun answering the "what's your dog's name" question. So ... not just a funny suggestion, it's been done.

:D

Thats an awesome looking pup. He's gonna be a big boy. I have an 11 month old Shephard-Boxer mix (he's in my avatar), he's about 70 pounds right now, and he is great. By the looks of it, your pup looks like he might go a bit bigger. Shep mix's are usually great dogs & ofc very smart.

Name - Hunter (its an all around name, but also goes with hunting caches)

Tip - Train him early on to sniff out tuppaware/plastic containers. Put treats inside the container, and show him that you open the container and the treats are inside. He will associate the tuppaware smell with treats. A nice reward. You pup should train easily. Then while on caches, your dog can sniff the caches out, you can recover the cache, then let your kid open up the containers and enjoy the swag. Good luck, pups are alot of fun & work.

*btw - how many weeks is the pup?

Another possible name - Sonar

Retriever

Be on the lookout for recalled dog food. Here is a list Brands with recalls.

Americas Choice, Preferred Pet

Authority

Award

Best Choice

Big Bet

Big Red

Bloom

Cadillac

Champion Breed Lg Biscuit

Champion Breed Peanut Butter Biscuits

Companion

Companion’s Best Multi-Flavor Biscuit

Companion/Giant Companion

Companion/Giant Companion/Tops Companion

Companion/Tops Companion

Demoulas Market Basket

Dollar General

Eukanuba Dog Bites in Gravy

Eukanuba Dog Chunks in Gravy

Food Lion

Giant Companion

Giant Companion/Tops Companion

Gravy Train

Grreat Choice

Hannaford

Happy Tails

Hill Country Fare

Hy-Vee

Iams Dog Chunks

Iams Dog Select Bites

Iams Dog Small Bites

Jerky Treats

Laura Lynn

Loving Meals

Meijer’s Main Choice

Mighty Dog

Mixables

Natural Way

Nutriplan

Nutro

Nutro - Ultra

Nutro Max

Nutro Natural Choice

Nuture

Ol’ Roy

Ol’ Roy 4-Flavor Lg Biscuits

Ol’ Roy Canada

Ol’ Roy Peanut Butter Biscuits

Ol’ Roy Puppy

Ol’Roy US

Paws

Perfect Pals Large Biscuits

Pet Essentials

Pet Life

Pet Pride / Good n Meaty

Presidents Choice

Price Chopper

Priority Canada

Priority US

Publix

Roche Brothers

Save-A-Lot Choice Morsels

Schnuck’s

Shep Dog

Springfield Prize

Sprout

Stater Brothers

Stater Brothers Large Biscuits

Stop & Shop Companion

Stop & Shop Companion/Giant Companion

Tops Companion

Wegmans Bruiser

Weis Total Pet

Western Family US

White Rose

Winn Dixie

Your Pet

...or you can call him "muggle!!!" :D

Tip...

I heard that there is a spesial colar with remote control! when your dog goes too far away from you, you press a button and makes him stop, or makes him come to you!

It sounds good, but I am afraid that it is not the best for the dog! Is there a possibility that electricity is forcing the dog to stop? If yes... it is not good!!!

In case you want something like that, check first!!!

if you're looking for something to keep tabs on your dog check out the roameo...I guess you could put a transmitter on your child too.

name...lobo, after the now (I think, ) extinct lobo wolves

ILYK
Edited by drneal

oke....i tell my favorite name............... :D Worf -_-

i think you know who he is :D

i sure like that name.

Tell everytime your dog does a peepy or poopy................you are brave you did peepy...........get very exited.

Let say jump from happiness.

The dog will know over a time what peepy and poopy is and will do it at command.

Very handy when you go somewhere. :huh:

And it works.....................both my dogs i have learned this. :P:)

My parents trained me the same way...explains some things doesn't it!

Edited by drneal

Cammo

Tips For Teaching Your Dog Not To Bite

Be consistent in your training, ensure that all family members are also actively training your pup not to nip.

When a pup playfully nips at you during play, stop play and say firmly “No Bite” and push his mouth away

When a pup uses its teeth to pull at your clothes (especially pant legs), stop and say firmly “No Bite” and put his mouth away

If puppy persists, take puppy by the collar, close his mouth with your other hand and say firmly “No Bite”

Congrat's on your new family member. I'm not entering to win but here is my suggestion;

Being that you are from Colorado, the Pueblo were a very important American Indian group in your area. One of the Pueblo tribes being Zuni. A Zuni word for wolf; Shiwi

Tip: caching kid and dog, put a leash on the kid :D Ok, kidding, teach your child the importance of how to treat the dog and the importance of training and commands.

Bst wishes.

oke....i tell my favorite name............... :D Worf :P

i think you know who he is :D

i sure like that name.

Tell everytime your dog does a peepy or poopy................you are brave you did peepy...........get very exited.

Let say jump from happiness.

The dog will know over a time what peepy and poopy is and will do it at command.

Very handy when you go somewhere. :laughing:

And it works.....................both my dogs i have learned this. :laughing::laughing:

My parents trained me the same way...explains some things doesn't it!

<_<:(:huh:

Well you could name him Garmin and he will always run in circles around the cache; or name him Magellan and he will always run past the cache and boomarang back to you. <_<

As far as advice, having a kid or a dog, and in your case both alleviates the need to be stealthy. People expect you to be running all over the place to chase the child or let the dog sniff or Go.

Snoopy

Crate Location

When crate training it's a good idea to remember that, although every dog needs his own space, canines are pack animals. Because of this they have an instinctual desire to be near the other members of their family.

It's a good idea to place the dog crate in a bedroom where your puppy can be near a family member when sleeping at night. It will make crate training less stressful to your puppy if he knows he is not alone at night. You'll also be able to know if your puppy needs to go out at night.

Another name could be Swag, although I like Hunter much better.

Also, 2 weeks is along time to go without having a name for the family pet... Just something to think about.

HE WILL HAVE A REGLUAR NAME IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS I IMAGINE!!- I FIGURE 2 WEEKS WILL GIVE HIM TIME TO SETTLE IN AND GET USED TO HIS NEW HOME,, HE IS STILL SAD HE'S NOT WITH HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Does the little fella have his regular name yet?

Edited by catsnfish

Bison

Socialization and puppy training are of utmost importance as puppyhood is the most important and critical time in your puppy's development. What you do and do not do right now will affect your puppy's behavior forever. A properly socialized puppy is well adjusted and makes a good companion

:blink: I do not kno why, but I am stuck in wolf theme names!! Pobably because you dog is a german shepherd, or as we call it here in Greece, Lykoskylo (wolf dog)! :grin:

How about name him "Lupo" ??? In italian it means wolf! :yikes:

Tip.... since it is a smart dog it can be trained easily! Try with many repeats to train him to listen and do some things like sit, stay etc, and not to eat any food from foreigners! Of course i is good to teach him not to eat food that may find on the street, in the garden, in garbadge....

to suscced that, give him as a reward, something that pleases him, like food, hugs etc, or toys....

Play with him so you and your child come closer to the dog, and he will be happy!!

I do not know much about dogs! I really hope I am correct or I be close to what you should do! :wacko:

How about the name FILTER. Hmmm?

Or how about, POPPEE, FRISBEE, RUNT ROCKER, RATSO,FINKEE, SHRIMPO, DEMON GLOW, VIRTIGLOW or QUASIMODO.

I like them because they are names of Ice Fishing Jigs!!! If I every get a dog, thats where I will start for a name. ;)

TIP: tie dog and kid to your back!!!

Edited by dardevle

Last time then I'll let the cointest play out!

NUCLEUS, MARMOOSKA, GEM-N-EYE, BUCK-SHOT, GUPPEE, WILLY, NUGGIE, WEDGEE, SLAMMER, CHUBBY DARTER, HAWGER, or MIMMIC to name a few.

Yes they are all jigs or lures!!! I cannot help myself. ;)

TIP: When dog is bigger tie him to your kids leg!

I do not have a dog so I am not sure how I would handle the situation. Love dogs, I just feel they need more space than I have. I guess growing up on 40+acres will do that. If you ask me a dog needs its space. Not to be stuffed in a house or left inside a kennel ALL day. Any way, Geocaching with him should be fun and gives him some of the exercise he needs. Plus I really cannot stand all the fur everywhere, is there such a thing as a hairless dog that likes to be outside in the Minnesota Winters???

Edited by dardevle

Bonzer. Name him Bonzer! I saw that face and it had to be. (It's actually the name I was reserving for a boy dog...if the next one was a boy...otherwise it would be Roxy...) ;)

It's not super geocaching-related, but it does mean "wonderful" or "remarkable", and that can apply to quite a few amazing views you can find while out hunting a cache...

Edited by NeverSummer

My wife came home with a puppy last night to my susprize, no, she dident tell me they were going to buy a puppy. At first I was a bit mad they left me out and that we did not discuss having a dog. But after meeting the puppy and how much Zariah loves him , I couldent say no

He's really took a liking to me,, and I can see Im gonna have a new freind and family member around and to cache with, so heres the skoop

I need a geo-nick name for our new geo-puppy- one he can grow with so, a cutiesy name he'll out grow wont work. I also need tips on caching with 1 adult 1 kid and 1 dog because it sounds like a handfull to me and to be stelthy is going to be alot harder.

To win you must give a geo-nick name and at least 1 tip I could use while tring to cache with a lil one and a puppy.

you may post as many times as you like,just not back to back, meaning twice in a row!

The cointest will run for 2 weeks and will end 2 sundays from today.

we will pick a winner based on best name and tip in 1 posting there will be 1 winner, and 1 coin, if it is to close to call we will pt the best ones in a hat and draw 1 out.

the coin is undecided at this time and will be a trackable coin sent to you in the mail.

other info-- he is a german shepard- wolf hybreed.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE ENTERING, AS I CANNOT INCLUDE ANY POSTS NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES OF THE COINTEST, THANK YOU ALL FOR ENTERING.

Hmm... How about name him.... REX! ;)

I think that was the name of the German shepherd in the movie....

Tip: Actually it is not a tip to use while you are caching, but... if you are going to take him too.... why don't you registered him as a geodog? May here did that! Find him a good codename... or even use his name, and he will afficially be a geocacher partner! you can make an ink stamp of a dog footprint and stamp the log books with it too, like he found it too! You can even put a TB on him! :D

A dog is not only a pet, not only a guard, and not a toy! A dog is a part of your family now, but you have to show him who is the boss.. ok? :)

So, I believe he shouldn't be just a pet of a geocacher, especially if he is geocaching with you! I believe he must be an equal member of your team! :D He may even help you in geocaching!!! ;)