Oregon and Nuvi 500 GPS Question

My husband and I were going to do paperless caching using a palm. Got one from another geocacher and come to find out they are not compatible with Vista when trying to use the Quick install.

This problem starting us talking about selling our unit, and taking the money we have for a palm, and getting a GPS unit that has the all in one feature. So we started looking at the Oregon 200 or 400t. Then today I seen something about the Garmin Nuvi 500.

Here is my question;

Does anybody have any knowledge about the Nuvi500 when being used for geocaching?

Can you put the cache pages on this unit like you can the Oregon?

Would the Oregon still be better to use then the Nuvi500?

What about the Colorado's? What in the world is the difference between them and the Oregon?

Any input would help seeing these things are a lot of money and I want to make sure we get exactly want we are looking for.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

The primary difference between the Oregon and Colorado is the Oregon has a touch screen. There are some other differences but they are similar in that they are both designed as outdoor handheld units, although the Oregon makes a decent auto GPS because of the touch screen.

The 500 is a cross over GPS but is based on the Nuvi platform which means it'll do a lot of the things the Oregon/Colorado do, including show you geocaching information but it is going to be geared more toward car use rather than serious outdoor use.

The question of 500 versus OR/CO comes down to how you want to use the device most frequently. If your caching is going to mostly drive-bys and you want a unit that does well in a car I would look at the 500. If you are going to spend more time outside with the GPS then consider OR/CO, they'll be more durable and much easier to hold on the trail.

The primary difference between the Oregon and Colorado is the Oregon has a touch screen. There are some other differences but they are similar in that they are both designed as outdoor handheld units, although the Oregon makes a decent auto GPS because of the touch screen.

The 500 is a cross over GPS but is based on the Nuvi platform which means it'll do a lot of the things the Oregon/Colorado do, including show you geocaching information but it is going to be geared more toward car use rather than serious outdoor use.

The question of 500 versus OR/CO comes down to how you want to use the device most frequently. If your caching is going to mostly drive-bys and you want a unit that does well in a car I would look at the 500. If you are going to spend more time outside with the GPS then consider OR/CO, they'll be more durable and much easier to hold on the trail.

Well that answers my question because we are more in the field and we want a touch screen. THANKS!

Well that answers my question because we are more in the field and we want a touch screen. THANKS!

What is the main difference between the Oregon 200 and the 400T? I can't tell there is any and there is 100.00 difference in price.