Wrapping caches in bin liners?

My final comment on this heinous hobby of taping ducks.

An American correspondent assures me that in the States you can get duck/duct tape from the Duck company. It seems you can buy Duck ® duct tape. Not only can you buy it, you can get it in a full array of colours to suit any duck that requires urgent attention, including chrome, Island lime and Atomic yellow neon ducks. <_<

Strangely, they also seem to be branching out into flamingo repair too.

However, please note, there appears to be no basic duck in 'camo' (no military ducks?) or even mandarin. I guess the latter would have to be content with 'blaze orange neon' as that's the nearest.

OK. I just needed to get that off my chest this morning.

Duck tape.

Back to the on-topic bin bags in boring black...

MrsB

My final comment on this heinous hobby of taping ducks.

An American correspondent assures me that in the States you can get duck/duct tape from the Duck company. It seems you can buy Duck ® duct tape. Not only can you buy it, you can get it in a full array of colours to suit any duck that requires urgent attention, including chrome, Island lime and Atomic yellow neon ducks. <_<

Strangely, they also seem to be branching out into flamingo repair too.

However, please note, there appears to be no basic duck in 'camo' (no military ducks?) or even mandarin. I guess the latter would have to be content with 'blaze orange neon' as that's the nearest.

OK. I just needed to get that off my chest this morning.

Duck tape.

Back to the on-topic bin bags in boring black...

MrsB

That's the stuff !! As I said earlier, I bought a couple of reels of the Realtree camo variety. I really does stick like poo to a blanket and renders cache containers almost invisible.... when hidden among real trees, of course. Never tried wrapping it around a duck, though. :(:huh:

personally, I use 'gaffer' tape! :yikes:

(p.s. don't start googling for duct tape whatever you do, or you will be drawn into an evil time sucking vortex of web pages and You Tube videos on making wallets, shoes, attractive hats, etc out of the stuff. It happened to me yesterday! Eeek!...mmm duct tape wallet for cache swaps...)

While we were out doing a cache called "terrorist Hunt II" (recommended), we found a toy gun near one of the micro sites. Very appropriate, I thought.

I'm also against bin bags. They don't keep the cache dry, and when water gets inside the bag (which happens almost immediately), they act to keep the cache wet. In addition, they become cosy nesting places for slugs and snails, and after a while they become quite horrible and smelly. Plus, I've read they can be a hazard to wildlife.

On a slightly related subject, I'm against pencils in micros. They're usually too short to be useful, they made handling the micro significantly more fiddly, and I cannot fathom that anyone going out caching would fail to carry a pencil. Yes - I know some people do, I still can't understand it.