PIRATEMANIA 2009

PIRATEMANIA 2009!

I've had a look at the calendar and it makes sense that Piratemania is the same week as last year - the weekend of Saturday 25th July. So that'll be camping from Friday 24th evening through to Sunday 26th in a pub, somewhere! :) Plenty of scope to extend your stay if you are camping, or pop in for the day.

Details of the venue to be finalised, but it'll be somewhere in the north Midlands, most probably South Derbyshire around Matlock, but possibly in Staffordshire or thereabouts!

LOTS planned to make it immense, dubloons being dished out as we speak, mischevous games, caches, plank walking and general debauchery :):huh::D:ph34r::ph34r:

Last years listing :

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...af-ac2c222a3024

6f4ed033-e4cd-478e-a34a-7d15ac59add0.jpg

a20773ac-0282-43be-99db-3d641fc87c33.jpg

196881db-5d1b-4362-ab4b-5a9532fa6403.jpg

cd069b1f-bc80-44a7-99dc-9ab1e3b522b7.jpg

Last years blog : http://piratemania2008.blogspot.com/

Yarrrr, Piratemania was a lot of fun last year. If you've never been to a camping event but fancy giving it a try, you can be sure of an extremely fun and friendly weekend. Mark puts a huge amount of effort in, and you can be sure of doing some quality caches.

Plus, if you want to, you can dress up like a pirate.

Everyone secretly wants to dress up like a pirate.

And remember, there's only two kinds of pirate, red and blue. But which one is best? There's only one way to find out :) - the winning team gets that mighty great chalice I'm holding above....swashes will be buckled, broadsides blasted and sea shanties sung!

Nice photos! :o

I have to second the point, that if you've not ventured to a camping event yet, this is the one to start! Friendly, fun and very enjoyable!

Looking forward to it already, added to the diary!

Yep our first camping event was last years Piratemania.. Superb time.. Great fun we are now camping event hooked.. ;)

Nice photos! :D

I have to second the point, that if you've not ventured to a camping event yet, this is the one to start! Friendly, fun and very enjoyable!

Looking forward to it already, added to the diary!

Yep our first camping event was last years Piratemania.. Superb time.. Great fun we are now camping event hooked.. :D

As you guys were both our camping neighbours last year I'd better agree hadn't I?! :P:D

Really looking forward to PM2009!

PIRATEMANIA 2009!

I've had a look at the calendar and it makes sense that Piratemania is the same week as last year - the weekend of Saturday 25th July. So that'll be camping from Friday 24th evening through to Sunday 26th in a pub, somewhere! :lol: Plenty of scope to extend your stay if you are camping, or pop in for the day.

Details of the venue to be finalised, but it'll be somewhere in the north Midlands, most probably South Derbyshire around Matlock, but possibly in Staffordshire or thereabouts!

LOTS planned to make it immense, dubloons being dished out as we speak, mischevous games, caches, plank walking and general debauchery :(:):(;):D

Last years listing :

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...af-ac2c222a3024

6f4ed033-e4cd-478e-a34a-7d15ac59add0.jpg

a20773ac-0282-43be-99db-3d641fc87c33.jpg

196881db-5d1b-4362-ab4b-5a9532fa6403.jpg

cd069b1f-bc80-44a7-99dc-9ab1e3b522b7.jpg

Last years blog : http://piratemania2008.blogspot.com/

Is a campervan acceptable or are tents compulsory?

Edited by geogooners

Maybe you should be more worried about your prospective camping neighbours ;):):(

Be afraid... lol

Oi cheeky! :D:D:D

Which field are you guys booking in? We don't need 'leccy so are we going for the civilised meadow or the WILD field?!

Not booked yet,, But we always bring our own leccy so civilised meadow or Wild field will be good for us..

Littleyokel says best dressed Pirate tent and pitch is the challenge me hearties!! :D:D:D:D

AaaaaaaaaRrrrrr!!!!!!

Edited by Madyokel

Well Bam on one side and N+R on the other.. Do you not seek quieter seas..?

Even the Mad one is coming fully attired for this years plundering.

But who will be on the winning team and who will be walking the plank? Keelhauling for all of the miserable DNF'RS

Cast away all Nano's.. Micro's be cursed..

Bring on Tupper and Clip Lock..

AND AMMO!!!! :D

Edited by Madyokel