Geocaching on the brain

Harry Dolphin

did u see the article about one person that turned his cell phone on so if he did end up crashing and not surviving, the would be able to track him using the the gps in the phone

Its funny he actually thought his phone was waterproof. Good idea on the GPS Tracking, bad idea on thinking it would survive the Hudson River.

did u see the article about one person that turned his cell phone on so if he did end up crashing and not surviving, the would be able to track him using the the gps in the phone

Its funny he actually thought his phone was waterproof. Good idea on the GPS Tracking, bad idea on thinking it would survive the Hudson River.

Nothing really survives the Hudson river! Not the water, it's what's in it!

Nothing really survives the Hudson river! Not the water, it's what's in it!

Surviving the hudson? where is the missing engine from the plane?

regarding the phone, wont the cell carrier be able to atleast see where it was last located before it shut off?

Not quite as dramatic, but our future Neice-in-law sent us some pofessional engagement pictures that were taken in a park we have a few caches in.

The first few pictures show them sitting on a bench in the park and I'm thinking "gee, to bad there is no cache on/near this bench." Then some of the subsequent pictures show them on a bridge with a tree behind them and I'm thinking "cool, there is a cache at that tree!".

But not to worry, I was also thinking about the engaged couple!

News: Plane crashes in Hudson River off 42nd Street. (And remarkable work by the pilot and New York Waterways!!)

3rd reaction: Hey! They were only a few hundred feet from one of my caches!

This is really sad!

(Of course, I'm the one who thinks George Clooney was looking for the cache when he had his motorcycle accident.)

Well, now I hope everybody realizes where the ducks in Central Park go when the lagoon freezes over. (Never ask a taxi driver) :lol:

You know those ducks in the lagoon right near Central Park South? That little lake? By any chance, do you happen to know where they go, the ducks, when it gets all frozen over?