knives and machete's

deadcowboy

Check your state laws as to what constitutes a legal or illegal knife. Some ban a wide variety of knives for one stupid reason or another.

In some cases there are exclusions for a particular type of knife if its widely known to be used in the sport or event you are engaged in -- i.e. a fillet knife taken on a fishing trip that exceeds the length of knife you can legally carry otherwise.

No permit needed - just check local knife laws.

Some cities have a limit of blade length to 3 inches for fixed blade knives, if so, I HIGHLY recommend the Rat Cutlery IZULA or (if you can afford it) the Rat Cutlery RC-3

http://www.ratcutlery.com

izulas.jpg

I have the IZULA (pictured above) and it is probably one of my favorite knives. It is carbon steele though so it takes some care to keep from rusting.

My other favorite small fixed blade is the CRKT Dogfish (pictured below)

MO-CR2370.jpg

Both of these have blades shorter than 3 inches so they will fit within most knife regulations (for places that have such regulations) and they are small enough to not alarm the sheeple :-)

I can tell you that for Washington, no permit or license is required to carry a knife (or a handgun for that matter). Several local jurisdictions have various restrictions on the carry of folding knives with certain blade lengths but you’re probably safe if the blade is 3” or less. I am not sure what the rules are for fixed blade knives, but I think you’re OK if you’re carrying it while hiking or hunting.

Edited by Criminal

I have the IZULA (pictured above) and it is probably one of my favorite knives.

That must have been a very recent purchase :laughing: - lot of guys still yearning for the IZULA - still a little hard to obtain.

RAT RC3 is also an excellent choice; particularly if you want to attach it to your pack strap. 1095 steel, drop point blade, full tang construction, micarta handles and great sheath system, makes it my kind of fixed blade. :)

John

I have the IZULA (pictured above) and it is probably one of my favorite knives.

That must have been a very recent purchase :( - lot of guys still yearning for the IZULA - still a little hard to obtain.

RAT RC3 is also an excellent choice; particularly if you want to attach it to your pack strap. 1095 steel, drop point blade, full tang construction, micarta handles and great sheath system, makes it my kind of fixed blade. :D

John

The IZULA was a very recent purchase - it arrived about a week ago but very quickly became a favorite. I'm a bit of a knife nut though so I have more blades than I really need - but we all have our obsessions right? :)

I wanted a desert tan one but those seem to be difficult to obtain so I settled for an OD green. But, who knows, I might buy another one so I can keep one in the car - at $50 for a quality blade its not a bad thing to have more than one :laughing: