Ever miss work due to geocaching

Capt Prozac

Just wondering how many others have missed work due to geocaching?

I hit a geocache in California on a business trip. Didn't realize the place was carpeted in poison oak. I now have a rash all over my face, hands and arms. I can't shave so I ended up calling in sick all week (job entails me to be clean shaven). Anyone else lose work due to geocaching? Btw, didn't find the cache either. . .

Suffering in NJ

Our second year, Still newbies, I got caught up in a FTF frenzy and ate up 72 hours of my "personal leave" time to run.

If I used the last 8, I would have been canned !

Actually got frustrated the last two months when I realized I couldn't hit 'em.

No longer got "the bug".

Now if we're lucky enough to be OFF when a new cache comes out, we go for it.

I have called in sick when the weather was too nice to be inside and went geocaching.

Never MISSED work. I have actually done a couple of local caches while AT work. The only time I got caught - I went in early, and parked outside a fence (cache was inside private property - but property owners allow it. Only problem is the gate is only open from 9-6).

I walked the quarter mile to the cache, found it, and was on the way out when the boss called me. It seems my car was found by the property owner - who was also coming in early, and he was scared something bad had happened. My car at the time was very easily recognized as belonging to employer.

He asked me later what I was doing, and I said I was out for an early morning walk before work.

I've jumped up and said, "I'll be back!" and zoomed out for a FTF a few times. As for the poison oak - I've worked with it on my face, neck, arms, and in a "special place" but it hasn't kept me from working.I've worked with only a few hours of sleep due to caching. I've cached while travelling on the job. I've gone caching when I was so sick I had taken the day off work. I could barely get around at all but still went for a FTF. I hiked in half a mile and then had to lie down on the ground for a good 20 minutes before I was able to get up and hike back to the truck.

I'm better now. Really. I have it under control...........

Uhhh.. yeah. Guilty! Though initially I was going to go to work anyways but the doctor and my BF convinced me to accept the doctor's note for a week off after I badly injured my ankle caching. Not only missed a full week but ended up part time for awhile before I could work a full day! Wouldn't have been so bad if getting in and out of the truck was easier! :)

Just wondering how many others have missed work due to geocaching?

I hit a geocache in California on a business trip. Didn't realize the place was carpeted in poison oak. I now have a rash all over my face, hands and arms. I can't shave so I ended up calling in sick all week (job entails me to be clean shaven). Anyone else lose work due to geocaching? Btw, didn't find the cache either. . .

Suffering in NJ

Not really missed, but a funny thing happened at lunch....

I work on the beautiful Island of Coronado, California. It is located in San Diego Bay.

One day I went looking for a cache in a park on my lunch break. I was in a business suit and the cache was out in the breakwater on rocks. I wore sandals that day and no hose (San Diego Rocks) So I took off my shoes and began looking. Think of how funny I looked in a suit walking around bare foot on the rocks. Not as funny as went I slipped on a rock and ended up in the bay!!

I couldn't go home because I had to meet a guy after lunch. So I went back with my clothes and hair soaking wet. The receptionist decided I needed intervention!!

:(;)