MISSION: The Family Mission

ELTADA

Package sent today.

Package received.

Millieballon's son Lars wrote me a very nice letter with a picture of himself, a friend of his, and Millieballon.

Included in the package was a very cute card from Lars and Millieballon. It contained a Caching Day coin, a personal pathtag from Millieballon, and a Tsun earth turtle pin! I loved it all. Thank you so much Lars and Millieballon! I will try to post a picture later.

My plan was to send out my mission package ON Family Day here in Ontario which was yesterday. Unfortunately, I ran out of packing tape and the stores are all closed! :laughing:

But nonetheless, I shipped it out today with no trouble and I hope it will get there quickly.

Hope you enjoy it sunsetmeadowlark!

I'm sure I'll love it! Yours is going out tomorrow. It was intended to go out today but I had a plumber here all day installing a new bathtub.

Congrats Snowball a job well done by the looks of him.

I have received my package! (ok a few days ago, I have been busy) :) Thanks ufgatorgirl

The parcel contained a great card and a wonderful insight into your life.

A pack of vegas cards , Poker anyone?! :) and a Poker chip so we can bet :P

Plus the coin and base custom coin below, nice one he is my first signal.

MissionfromUTgatorgirl.jpg

Our package left a few days ago, we went a little overboard with the size... and the post office went a little overboard with their postage price... BUT ! we expected to pay as we wanted our first mission and yours to be one to remember.

There is a catch/hook, you'll be getting two parcels. The aforementioned pack of goodies plus another from a coin manufacturer as there was no time to have the coin we wished to gift to make it to AU then to be sent on. So be a good Mission partner and wait for both of them to arrive before opening either :D Can you do it? I don't know if I could.

AlliedOz

aka The Jokers

Edited by AlliedOz

i am glad you enjoyed the coins and card. oohhh i am excited to know it is on the way. now i will wait for the mailman every day. i will do my best to wait to open both at the same time.

which company is it coming from? i have several packages coming and don't want to open it by accident. yes these coins are addicting. i have ordered many.(too many) hehehe

Mission Sent - Yes

Mission Recieved - Yes

Mission Complete - Yes

Recieved my package from Nefesh today. She sent me a Cachin Crow geocoin, a Geocaching log book, a peice of smokey quartz and a bookmark. Nice looking coin that opalsns has made. The log book will come in handy since Im preparing to place my 1st cache next month. Thanks Nefesh for the package, and thanks to Eltada for Mission. I have definately made a friend in Nefesh.

Congrats Snowball 58!

0219091126.jpg

Here is the really cool Geocachers Day coin, Earth Turtle pin , and pathtag that Lars sent me. Really cute card too! Thanks again Lars and Millie. I really loved my gifts.

DSCN0142-1.jpg

I am going to have to do some practicing on taking pictures. :laughing:

Having such fits with pic I almost forgot, Congrats Snowball 58!

Edited by FScout

congrats snowball!!!!

belfrypotters- you mail is going out today!!!

did you know it woulda of costed me 12 bucks to make it trackable ??and 20 extra to insure it?? outch,to say the least ,its not trackable or insured, i hope it gets there ok!!

and sorry i had a hard time sticking to the rules,, but its just my nature. :laughing:

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

i am glad you enjoyed the coins and card. oohhh i am excited to know it is on the way. now i will wait for the mailman every day. i will do my best to wait to open both at the same time.

which company is it coming from? i have several packages coming and don't want to open it by accident. yes these coins are addicting. i have ordered many.(too many) hehehe

Ohh now that would be telling, Lets just take the risk that you might have ordered from the same place :laughing:;)

Here is the really cool Geocachers Day coin, Earth Turtle pin , and pathtag that Lars sent me. Really cute card too! Thanks again Lars and Millie. I really loved my gifts.

I am going to have to do some practicing on taking pictures. :laughing:

Having such fits with pic I almost forgot, Congrats Snowball 58!

We are happy that you like it. Your picture looks great.

I have been away on a horse trip with my daughter this week. My son Lars stayed at home and he is really watching al incoming packages. He has opened two bubbler mailers from me just to find out that it was not his mission yet. It is fun to see that he's really "in" this mission.

I'm going to post pictures later but wanted my great mission buddy die_anita to know I received the package today!! What a great package - it was a BOX!!! and bigger than a shoe box - big enough to fit a mini-fondue that I can't wait to enjoy! The letter die_anita wrote showed how much thought was put into the mission and the coins REALLY showed it - they are so suited to my love of nature and science - an awesome SPRING Tree Coin, a really great Rainbow coin and a very appreciated SwissCross minicoin. And, chocolate !!!

I know you said you sent it quite a while back ... and that is a bad sign because I am still working on one piece of mine to you (I am making you something!) But - given the international shipping time you may receive it very close to or after the mission end date. I will finish this and send on MONDAY!!

And will log pictures for everyone else to enjoy soon too!

Thanks for such a great first mission experience!

First off, congrats to Snowball_58!

Also, a friendly reminder that you have a week to mail out your Family Mission packages. Glad to hear so many have already gone out and are received.

It is also nice to see the pictures. Those who didn't know how to post pictures...congrats on learning that and getting them up here. It is a bit confusing if you don't know how to do it and you have all done great so far! :laughing:

I will post again in another week to try to update who has sent/received.

I'm going to post pictures later but wanted my great mission buddy die_anita to know I received the package today!! What a great package - it was a BOX!!! and bigger than a shoe box - big enough to fit a mini-fondue that I can't wait to enjoy! The letter die_anita wrote showed how much thought was put into the mission and the coins REALLY showed it - they are so suited to my love of nature and science - an awesome SPRING Tree Coin, a really great Rainbow coin and a very appreciated SwissCross minicoin. And, chocolate !!!

I know you said you sent it quite a while back ... and that is a bad sign because I am still working on one piece of mine to you (I am making you something!) But - given the international shipping time you may receive it very close to or after the mission end date. I will finish this and send on MONDAY!!

And will log pictures for everyone else to enjoy soon too!

Thanks for such a great first mission experience!

Great that the package made it's way to you :laughing: and even more great that you really like it :anibad: You are very welcome with the coins and it makes my happy to see that you like them all.

That's absolutely no problem. I do the gifts because of the joy they give to the recipient and not because of what I get in return (but I have to confess that you made me curious :laughing: ). It was so thrilling to putting it together and to imagine your reaction :P

Thank you for being my mission buddy, Sandyduff and I hope that we stay in contact even when this mission is over.

I have been so surprised on all my missions and this one is no exception,

I recieved my mission from susiemerlin yesterday and love all my treasures.

This is my first Welsh Love Spoon Geocoin and It's really nice. I recieved a Welsh Sheild Decoration and magnet of what has to be one of those DELICIOUS reciepies in the back of The Guide Book to Cornwall.

What a great idea. Where you live is beautiful. I collect reciepies , so guess what........

I'll be baking alot!!!!!!

Your card was beautiful and Thank you for the letter. I keep reading it and looking at the brocher.

Thank You so much for another happy mission.

Good Be On Ya !!!!

Opalsns

First off, congrats to Snowball_58!

Also, a friendly reminder that you have a week to mail out your Family Mission packages. Glad to hear so many have already gone out and are received.

It is also nice to see the pictures. Those who didn't know how to post pictures...congrats on learning that and getting them up here. It is a bit confusing if you don't know how to do it and you have all done great so far! :laughing:

I will post again in another week to try to update who has sent/received.

Eltada, just wanted to say THANKS for the mission. I love looking at everyone's coins; they are all soooo incredible, and the care people took with their packages. And even though I've now begun my own small collection, best of all was the opportunity to exchange with my partner Tha Saint. I think we'll be trading and talking coins for a long time! :laughing:

I have been so surprised on all my missions and this one is no exception,

I recieved my mission from susiemerlin yesterday and love all my treasures.

This is my first Welsh Love Spoon Geocoin and It's really nice. I recieved a Welsh Sheild Decoration and magnet of what has to be one of those DELICIOUS reciepies in the back of The Guide Book to Cornwall.

What a great idea. Where you live is beautiful. I collect reciepies , so guess what........

I'll be baking alot!!!!!!

Your card was beautiful and Thank you for the letter. I keep reading it and looking at the brocher.

Thank You so much for another happy mission.

Good Be On Ya !!!!

Opalsns

I am so pleased your parcel arrived safe and sound.

If you manage to make a pasty (it should look like the magnet!) I really hope you enjoy it, they are the best ever and are great to take on picnics especially caching days out!.

The walking stick badge is the Cornish Flag or St Pirans Flag.

I am still working on the photos of my mission.

Eltada, thank you so much! My package arrived safely today and it was such fun to open! You must be a mind reader. I've seen a couple of Teal Pirhana coins on saleslists lately and have thought about buying one, just hadn't done it yet. :laughing: And just this morning I was getting a new TB ready to release and discovered that my laminator was playing hide and seek. I hunted all over the house and couldn't find it! I was going to swing by the store and get some self laminating sheets while out caching today but I forgot. I was shocked to see a packet of them in the envelope from you! :laughing: The card and calendar are both lovely, you're right, I'm a horse nut! The card is especially precious since you shared the history of it (I too have a box of horse cards I've been saving since I was a kid!), and the coin flips are something that's always needed.

Here is a photo of the lovely items Eltada sent me. Thanks for making my first mission so much fun!

FamilyMission09.JPG

Glad you received your package sunsetmeadowlark...it was fun putting it together. It was hard to stick to the rules and not send more stuff but I am the organizer so I have to lead by example! lol!

Glad the laminating pouches came in handy -- they are a great invention, even if you do have a laminator!

You also have a really great collection of coins so far (you made it hard on me! :unsure:)...congrats!

Glad you received your package sunsetmeadowlark...it was fun putting it together. It was hard to stick to the rules and not send more stuff but I am the organizer so I have to lead by example! lol!

Glad the laminating pouches came in handy -- they are a great invention, even if you do have a laminator!

You also have a really great collection of coins so far (you made it hard on me! :shocked:)...congrats!

sorry if i could not stick to the rules,, ,something in me,,, :D tells me to put more in the mailer,, or box tll its full...what can i say??? :yikes:

Okay here are the pictures showing how truly amazing my mission partner was. I am finally sending my package out too - I think it will be worth the wait! I completely appreciate DJJRock for the picture posting advice. I think I have an avatar now AND pictures to show here! I will take a closer picture of the coins for a later post - they are sooo worth the effort.

The arrival and opening of the mission package from Die_Anita ... starring Elijah Blue, Smidgen and Twiggy (now affectionately Piglet due to the change in physical stature making the name Twiggy just silly!)

81d97e45-fcac-4e32-8171-deb8a57b3ea1.jpg

Package arrives at the home of Sandyduff - and is inspected by Elijah Blue

897c6b12-1843-4b1b-9f8f-223c650e2e22.jpg

Smidgen makes sure we open the letter first!

35552f07-ec15-4638-addb-a644402ba0dd.jpg

Smidgen is sure she found the 'best' of the package

7d1bafa2-ca0c-46ec-bb8b-315d5623cc24.jpg

Smidgen definitely liked the Swiss Chocolate heart 'toy' the best.

9892eea9-f2da-454f-a498-b2ffe59b54f2.jpg

"Twiggy" arrives to see what all the hulla ballu is about

The box and tissue paper are now a permanent toy and resting place for the kitties -

and we are enjoying the chocolates and the great additional coins in our collection.

Thank you for such a great good time! :-D

Okay here are the pictures showing how truly amazing my mission partner was. I am finally sending my package out too - I think it will be worth the wait! I completely appreciate DJJRock for the picture posting advice. I think I have an avatar now AND pictures to show here! I will take a closer picture of the coins for a later post - they are sooo worth the effort.

The arrival and opening of the mission package from Die_Anita ... starring Elijah Blue, Smidgen and Twiggy (now affectionately Piglet due to the change in physical stature making the name Twiggy just silly!)

81d97e45-fcac-4e32-8171-deb8a57b3ea1.jpg

Package arrives at the home of Sandyduff - and is inspected by Elijah Blue

897c6b12-1843-4b1b-9f8f-223c650e2e22.jpg

Smidgen makes sure we open the letter first!

35552f07-ec15-4638-addb-a644402ba0dd.jpg

Smidgen is sure she found the 'best' of the package

7d1bafa2-ca0c-46ec-bb8b-315d5623cc24.jpg

Smidgen definitely liked the Swiss Chocolate heart 'toy' the best.

9892eea9-f2da-454f-a498-b2ffe59b54f2.jpg

"Twiggy" arrives to see what all the hulla ballu is about

The box and tissue paper are now a permanent toy and resting place for the kitties -

and we are enjoying the chocolates and the great additional coins in our collection.

Thank you for such a great good time! :-D

Hi Everyone - I always look forward to coming into this thread. It feels like a cozy little room with lots of excitement! :D

We are still a couple of days away from the mission send deadline and we already have some impressive stats to review:

Total number of mission participants: 22

Total number of sent packages: 21 confirmed

Total number of received packages: 16 confirmed

That's good stuff!

I am keeping tabs on all of this and will post another update next week as I am sure more packages will be arriving shortly.

Mission received from DJ J Rock's daughter Zariah!

DJJRockMissionwithTwitch.jpg

picturefromZariah.jpg

In addition to a fantastic Cache Across America coin (shown on the left side of the picture) Jay and Zariah included a variety of tokens, pins and patches, some of their unique signature items, and a great picture drawn by Zariah. They also sent a lovely china plate, part of the Norman Rockwell series. And I think everything must smell like their new puppy, because our cat Twitch was very helpful unwrapping the parcel and inspecting the contents. Thanks Jay and Zariah, and thanks to ELTADA for hosting this mission. Now we don't feel like mission newbies anymore.

Hi Everyone - I always look forward to coming into this thread. It feels like a cozy little room with lots of excitement! :laughing:

We are still a couple of days away from the mission send deadline and we already have some impressive stats to review:

Total number of mission participants: 22

Total number of sent packages: 21 confirmed

Total number of received packages: 16 confirmed

That's good stuff!

I am keeping tabs on all of this and will post another update next week as I am sure more packages will be arriving shortly.

Not sure if I am in the official totals - I think I never did post my stats officially.

The name received: confirm is probably pointless now!

Package received: Confirm - and a lovely package it was :-D

Package sent: Confirm - it was only a few days ago Feb 25th - with a 5-10 day delivery to Switzerland ...

Sandyduff

Mission received from DJ J Rock's daughter Zariah!

DJJRockMissionwithTwitch.jpg

picturefromZariah.jpg

In addition to a fantastic Cache Across America coin (shown on the left side of the picture) Jay and Zariah included a variety of tokens, pins and patches, some of their unique signature items, and a great picture drawn by Zariah. They also sent a lovely china plate, part of the Norman Rockwell series. And I think everything must smell like their new puppy, because our cat Twitch was very helpful unwrapping the parcel and inspecting the contents. Thanks Jay and Zariah, and thanks to ELTADA for hosting this mission. Now we don't feel like mission newbies anymore.

Aw man I forgot the cat nip.....lol glad to see the plate made it too

Ok everyone -- I've had confirmation from everyone now (either by email or in this thread)...all packages have been sent! So there are just five people waiting for their missions. There will probably be a couple received this week and a few next week.

c94882dc-dbf5-4223-bb45-64b999302f03.jpg

c141cb91-f766-40a9-9d0a-7fa27b16229b.jpg

i am trying this. thanks dj for how to do this.

i received my very cool package in the mail. my trade partner Allied Oz was way too generous.

i got some choclolate tim tams which did not make it to the picture because the kids are already eating them.

i received two coins. a red good furtunes and a red glitter ammo can. they also included some pathtags. (that may become a new obsesion) i lovely card and letter about their family. i really nice stuffed reptile from steve irwin's zoo. it even says phrases in his voice. last a few book marks, books and toys for the kids.

thank you very much. this has been fun. :laughing::D

c94882dc-dbf5-4223-bb45-64b999302f03.jpg

i received my very cool package in the mail. my trade partner Allied Oz was way too generous.

i got some choclolate tim tams which did not make it to the picture because the kids are already eating them.

i received two coins. a red good furtunes and a red glitter ammo can. they also included some pathtags. (that may become a new obsesion) i lovely card and letter about their family. i really nice stuffed reptile from steve irwin's zoo. it even says phrases in his voice. last a few book marks, books and toys for the kids.

thank you very much. this has been fun. <_<:lol:

your coin is a

fortune favors the bold. is the red a good fortune and a blue a bad fortune?

thank you very much. this has been fun. :lol::D

I'm glad you enjoyed the package UFgatorgirl, we debated on what to send several times and yes the mission was clear on what to send but it was our first mission so we wanted to make it one to remember B)

The Fortune Favours the Bold coin was sent as it was the first GeoCoin I owned and it is still one of my all-time favourites! the weight, 3D lion, detail and finish just ooze class. <_< so I had to share.

Today I received my mission from Sandyduff and I am really overwhelmed of her generosity and all the thoughts to compile this parcel.

Sandy, you are such a great missionpartner, such a wonderful person! Thank you so much for this mission!!!

3328558995_b026291771.jpg

All these postcards have text on the backside explaining the picture and giving a very interest impression of the whole area. Thank you for all these explanations, information and the time you put in writing them!

I just love those coins!!! And I do not care whether they are trackable or not. They are just beautiful and especially with the non-trackable you made a very special gift! I often saw this coin and secretly wished to have it.

Thank you for the self-made bracelet! I will wear it and think of you as my mission partner and hope that we will stay in contact!

The book seems very interesting and I will read it as soon as my tests are over (next Tuesday is the day).

The sticker is just great and I will put it into my living room so that it always gently remembers me of all the joy I have in my life.

Fridge magnets and a pen are great for daily use and little reminders of a very special person I am grateful to have met!

Thank you Sandyduff!!!!

Well, I received my mission package from sunsetmeadowlark yesterday! I love getting packages and this was no exception!

I received a lovely card and letter that gave me insight into my mission partner. I also received a cute green stuffed frog (which my son has now claimed!), two pathtags and an Eclectic Penguin! I really wanted one of these cute little guys and even considered buying one during this second sale but did not get around to it...glad I waited as he waddled out of my mission gift! lol!

Here is a pic with the card, coin and pathtags...the frog didn't make it because my camera is packed for an upcoming trip and he wouldn't fit in the scanner! :D:)

160610.jpg

Thanks again sunsetmeadowlark!

Today I received my mission from Sandyduff and I am really overwhelmed of her generosity and all the thoughts to compile this parcel.

I just love those coins!!! And I do not care whether they are trackable or not. They are just beautiful and especially with the non-trackable you made a very special gift! I often saw this coin and secretly wished to have it.

Thank you Sandyduff!!!!

Oh YEAH!!!!!! I am so glad you enjoyed the package despite the wait for it! It was very fun to put together I loved giving you a wee taste of my little part of the world!

I just knew that coin (though non-trackable) would suit your love of celtic things. It is a beautiful coin with a wonderful sentiment. I am thrilled I filled a secret wish by sending it to you. And don't forget - if you can dare to send out one of the trackables ... I'd love to set up a little coin mission with the matches of them that I have. Of the lobster I have the blue one like it and of the navigation / compass rose I have the same.

Also, I forgot to mention in the package that I chose the lobster because it is a very New England thing and that is where I was born and raised (NH not Maine ... but I sure LOVE lobster and Maine). And I chose the navigation because of our 'cross the ocean' related-ness.

Anyway, so thrilled that you enjoyed it and I look forward to more communications and perhaps we'll have the luck to be mission partners again - perhaps of our own creation with one of the coins.

And here I officially am 'complete' with my mission!!!

Thank you soooo much ELTADA. As a true mission newbie I am very grateful to you for making this one for us. It has been a joy! I look forward to the next and thank you for making my virgin outing such a wonderful one. And thank you to all the other participants ... the sharing of all the mission packages has been a huge part of the joy! And die_Anita ... again I am so glad to have had you as a mission partner. Your gratefulness is overwhelming - I am filled with joy. I so enjoyed our communications throughout the mission and can't wait to continue the friendship.

BEst to all SandyDuff

Well, I received my mission package from sunsetmeadowlark yesterday! I love getting packages and this was no exception!

I received a lovely card and letter that gave me insight into my mission partner. I also received a cute green stuffed frog (which my son has now claimed!), two pathtags and an Eclectic Penguin! I really wanted one of these cute little guys and even considered buying one during this second sale but did not get around to it...glad I waited as he waddled out of my mission gift! lol!

Here is a pic with the card, coin and pathtags...the frog didn't make it because my camera is packed for an upcoming trip and he wouldn't fit in the scanner! :D:)

160610.jpg

Thanks again sunsetmeadowlark!

Glad to hear it arrived safely and that you enjoyed it! I changed my mind to the Penguin at the last minute, he just seemed to fit with your collection. Like you, I had a hard time staying within the guidelines, I wanted to cram a box full but since I was sending to the mission coordinator I figured I'd better stay within the guidelines. :D

We had fun unpacking the big enveloppe.

It felt like the birthday mission so many things!

The first thing Lars saw was the T-shirt. Exactly his style. The Kentucky horse magnet was handed over to me :D He really likes the knight coin, he does not want him to go traveling. I'll activate him and then the coin will return to his Lego build coinkeeper. The coin is in the middel of the first picture.

He carefully read the letter and the card and was proud that he could understand it. The keychain wil get on his baseball bag. Thank you for giving him all these presents. You did much more then you needed to do.

He also kept the earth turtle pin :D

familymission1.jpg

familymission2.jpg

At his age he did not want to be with recognisable on an internet picture :)

What a relief to see that the package arrived. I was beginning to get worried.

I am so glad that Lars liked his package. I guess I broke the rules a little but I really wanted Lars to enjoy his first mission. Hope we can all stay in contact.