MISSION: The Family Mission

ELTADA

Yes and Thanks Eltada. :( I opened an account with Photobucket and everything seems to go well. Didn't have time to write you back. Thanks a lot for the infos. I got some infos by moderators too.

I will post my coins on What's in your mailbox today thread.

Edited by Turlutortue

Received my package today, thanks Turlutortue! She sent me a great Midwest Geo-bash 2007 coin (which is cool since I live in Michigan), a The Cachingplace.com pin and her sig item, a cute little turtle. How do you make those, Jacqueline? It almost looks like the Shrinky-Dinks we had when I was a kid. Also a beautiful hand-made card with dried flowers-think Spring! Thanks again for everything. I hope you like what I sent you.

Chris :(

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr167/c...47/DSC01020.jpg

Having trouble uploading the pic, hope this works!

Belfrypotters sent us a super duper lil pack,, im truely floored!! ill post info and pics once i stop drooling on the coins,,hehee. :D

You can drool on the gift we included for you and your wife if you want, but let your daughter do her own drooling on her Mission coin :). I'm glad it arrived in time for Family Day. Have a happy Family Day!

Received my package today, thanks Turlutortue! She sent me a great Midwest Geo-bash 2007 coin (which is cool since I live in Michigan), a The Cachingplace.com pin and her sig item, a cute little turtle. How do you make those, Jacqueline? It almost looks like the Shrinky-Dinks we had when I was a kid. Also a beautiful hand-made card with dried flowers-think Spring! Thanks again for everything. I hope you like what I sent you.

Chris :)

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr167/c...47/DSC01020.jpg

Having trouble uploading the pic, hope this works!

My sig tag is made with a shrinkable plastic. The turtle is my company logo and I am in process of making it as a geocoin.

DSC01020.jpg

Glad you liked the coin and gift. I received yours today. Love the coin and pathtag. Nice card.

Thanks Chris-Lunamoth47

familymission.jpg

Edited by Turlutortue

I wanted to let everyone know you can host your pictures in your profile where you store your avatar picture ,intead of using flicker or such spaces.

just upload like a new avatar for here at the forums,, and click on the picture-- when it comes up!! it will pop up a new page with just your picture, that is where you will get the "url" from the address bar for that pic, then you come here and click on the boxed tree above your post when in the typing screen, a box will pop up where you paste your url. it will code it to your message you are typing.

I figured if this mission was for newbies they may not know how...and some wont have another site to host pics. I saw this earlyer in this thread. if you dont get it the first time try again,, sometimes it just takes a lil figuring out,, but once you do it once youll se how easy it is,,,..

now to stay on topic,, here are the pics from our mission. We put Zariah in it. She's our 2 yr old daughter, Belfrypotters sent stuff for us all, they sent 2 letters and a card, one letter was for Zariah, She seemed to enjoy it as she mumbled words back at me every time i paused,, course i read it like it was the hottest story around!! The other letter was for me and Cass, and was very informative about themselfs and details about the gifts, Both were really nice and thoughtfull letters!! They sent Zariah , some post cards, and a picture of a young deer in their yard, also a bookmark , and some froggie stickers(she loves stickers) her fav thing for her was the princess beaded necklace and bracelet.(when we are at caches she always goes for the beaded necklaces, and usualy wears it all day and at home too.) She Recieved a frog coin too, im not shure of the name of the coin yet. and ran around with it for the first 10 min after opening it, then we decided to put it in a safe place so the puppy wouldent eat it. :D

Also in there was a Wrapped present for Cass and I when I Opened it I found a box of yummy looking chalco squares and A Celtic sun silver,and my mouth dropped open. i dunno if it was the squares or the coin but i strated to drool :( i then read in the note tht the squares were for Cass as she's not into the coins so much and the coin was for me!! Thank you Very Much, it was truely a susprize to get such a nice mission when not expecting it. :D

b0853ee3-274d-48fb-ba98-2016e3bb8496.jpg

f5d4b116-8d8b-4572-b471-1a72c0b20e59.jpg

b6d280fe-30eb-4065-bc6a-f4bb63d3b959.jpg

f4861892-b3ab-4e26-831b-b0c6d0c9433d.jpg

77488cd9-b188-405b-ab34-fda4abbf2c28.jpg

ab1ab9ba-6ddc-418e-97e0-33c5007b28dd.jpg

f24f959f-e6ca-4fba-8d93-4cbfc0e983fc.jpg

thank you so much for the smiles and warm feeling, That made Zariah's Day, and our week!!

I was out running errands and was gonna mail your stuff, but a new idea came across my mind,, and sometimes i have to roll with it, being i have some more time, and not due to your gifts to us i am going to be working on something to add to your package and will send out before the deadline, hopefully youll think it will be worth the wait,, sorry for changing my mind.!!!lol :(:D:):lol:;) ooops. had to take my celtic sun away because i posted the tracking ...;(

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Wow - that was fast.

Today I received postcards, letter and Kansas souvenirs from Snowball 58.

Many thanks.

Oh - there was a lovely New Year geocoin too! Really lovely this year with sapphire blue background and embossed stars.

Old year ending, new year baby beginning.

Almost too nice to share!

Many thanks Snowball 58.

And what a neat mission!

Mission is on the way to you, Sandyduff. I hope you like it :(

Just back from Mexico - Teotihucan. What an amazing powerful and beautiful place!

die_anita - I will be putting together the package through the weekend and send early next week. :-D I have already enjoyed meeting you through our emails and looking forward to completing the point of the mission!

I wanted to let everyone know you can host your pictures in your profile where you store your avatar picture ,intead of using flicker or such spaces.

just upload like a new avatar for here at the forums,, and click on the picture-- when it comes up!! it will pop up a new page with just your picture, that is where you will get the "url" from the address bar for that pic, then you come here and click on the boxed tree above your post when in the typing screen, a box will pop up where you paste your url. it will code it to your message you are typing.

I figured if this mission was for newbies they may not know how...and some wont have another site to host pics. I saw this earlyer in this thread. if you dont get it the first time try again,, sometimes it just takes a lil figuring out,, but once you do it once youll se how easy it is,,,..

now to stay on topic,, here are the pics from our mission.

Thanks DJJRock so much for the info about posting and your pictures and post. It was like receiving the package myself!!!

Not worked out how to post a picture on the forum before so will have ago at DJJRocks way (might have to give it to the other half to do though I am a bit computer illeterate) Hence no avatar!

Since looking at everyone's photos is half the fun of a mission, you'll have to learn how to post photos :(. Avatar instructions are posted at the top of the Getting Started forum section in the pinned topic AVATAR TESTING and INSTRUCTIONS, TEST POSTING AREA - ALL TEST POSTS HERE PLEASE. It's really handy because you can test your attempts and no one watches or cares if you mess up. Thanks to DJ J Rock for reminding us that you can post photos there and use them for forum postings. I use Photobucket, but this might be handier.

My Mission package came today!

2848086620028999818S600x600Q85.jpg

Whoo-hoo! Inside the package, I found two letters, a preform cache tube, a McDog, a cute pathtag and CSRA Cruisers' personal Geocoin!

Thanks a lot, Chipper, that was great. I'll sure place that tube someday; but as I'm not really an urban cacher and the wood areas around my place have badly suffered from the harsh winter (translate : many broken trees, dangerous hikes and a lot of broken branches around = rangers will come to clean and make the places safe again), I might as well wait until spring to place new hides! But sure, I'll let you know as soon as I place it.

Anyway, that was fun. Many thanks to Eltada for the mission and to CSRA Cruisers for the great stuff!

It is probably so small since you used the avatar function.

Avatars are supposed to be small. (i already did not understand the earlier posting :D

If you do not have a space to upload your pictures you could upload them as an extra picture for a TB, Coin or cache on gc.com. Then open the uploaded picture and copy the url.

When you are in the window of adding a post you use the insert image icon and past the address.

Edited by millieballon

Package sent.

Package received. Thanks for all the loot! Tha Saint sent a neat coin; Geowoodstock '07.

Mission Complete.

http://img.geocaching.com/user/avatar/d50d...909562ed7b0.jpg

(don't know why the pic came out sooooo small; any help?)

view the pic on your pc, right click and put "edit" when the program comes up to edit, save as a jpeg and try it again,,

ive never had that problem i upload all my pics thru my avatar screen, and "none" have ever been that small.???

Package sent.

Package received. Thanks for all the loot! Tha Saint sent a neat coin; Geowoodstock '07.

Mission Complete.

http://img.geocaching.com/user/avatar/d50d...909562ed7b0.jpg

(don't know why the pic came out sooooo small; any help?)

view the pic on your pc, right click and put "edit" when the program comes up to edit, save as a jpeg and try it again,,

ive never had that problem i upload all my pics thru my avatar screen, and "none" have ever been that small.???

I have a Mac and when I right click edit is NOT an option :mad: It is already in JPEG format.

Edited by nefesh

My plan was to send out my mission package ON Family Day here in Ontario which was yesterday. Unfortunately, I ran out of packing tape and the stores are all closed! :laughing:

But nonetheless, I shipped it out today with no trouble and I hope it will get there quickly.

Hope you enjoy it sunsetmeadowlark!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: WOO HOO

Oh Thankyou thankyou thankyou Opalsyns.

Today I got my Family Mission package and its wonderful

A n00b cacherz coin

A cachin crows bottle top

A moon pin

A bubba bass pin

A T sunrise bey turtle pin

A Maine state lottery keyring

And to top it all a cachin crow painting which is amazing (a very handsome fella)

I have been very spoilt I cant thank you enough.

p.s. I have taken a photo but dont understand the URL bit so will have to wait till other half can help me.

You really do need to see the painting.