Off Your Rocker Series, New Corp Policies say NO MORE CACHES - Redux

Would love to, Vinny, but I'm currently out being a chump. Catch me at the next Cracker Barrel... I'll be the one wearing a black TB shirt and buying maple sugar candy!

(See, I happen to like Cracker Barrel. They have good coffee, cheap breakfasts, and some of them still have caches, too!)

this is an affront to right-thinking people everywhere (bolding mine).

it is not possible to buy proper maple candy in any cracker barrel on the planet and the mere suggestion that one might buy wretched imitations gives me the heebie-jeebies.

everyone with any taste at ALL knows that one does not stoop to put any such a thing in one's mouth.

proper maple candy is not only PURE MAPLE, but it is unblended and from one sugarbush ONLY.

to look for maple candy at a -retch- cracker barrel is equivalent to looking for proper brioche at dunkin' donuts or an acceptable order of unagi at long john silver's.

added to that we have the complete collapse of good taste inherent in the tawdry displays of down-hominess and overpriced cheap country-style claptrap and you have a cultural disaster of the first magnitude.

... The Crapper Barrel is a bad restaurant with a horrible theme. The thought of having to visit one to get a smiley horrifies me and causes me to twitch, me ears peal back and a guttural groan eminates from within.
I bolded the part of your post where you went sideways, in my opinion. Like many people in these forums, you seem to believe that the mere fact that a cache is published requires you to go log it. That sort of thinking can only lead you to unhappiness.
I for one WILL NOT miss these things at all!!!!!! We have done a few and more times than not you end up staring in the face of some clueless people tring to eat their meal in peace. If people love placing caches near C.B. so much put them out in the parking lot.
I think that you might be misunderstanding Cracker Barrels entire theme. You see, the reason that the junk is on the porch is so people can check it out. People routinely hang out on the porch while waiting for their turn at the nastiness that CB serves. When you are seated in Cracker Barrel, you know full well that there is very likely going to be people wandering about on the porch. Edited by sbell111

Would love to, Vinny, but I'm currently out being a chump. Catch me at the next Cracker Barrel... I'll be the one wearing a black TB shirt and buying maple sugar candy!

(See, I happen to like Cracker Barrel. They have good coffee, cheap breakfasts, and some of them still have caches, too!)

it is not possible to buy proper maple candy in any cracker barrel on the planet and the mere suggestion that one might buy wretched imitations gives me the heebie-jeebies.

everyone with any taste at ALL knows that one does not stoop to put any such a thing in one's mouth.

proper maple candy is not only PURE MAPLE, but it is unblended and from one sugarbush ONLY.

to look for maple candy at a -retch- cracker barrel is equivalent to looking for proper brioche at dunkin' donuts or an acceptable order of unagi at long john silver's.

added to that we have the complete collapse of good taste inherent in the tawdry displays of down-hominess and overpriced cheap country-style claptrap and you have a cultural disaster of the first magnitude.

Ah, my favorite train wreck weighing in. Just when you thought it was safe to take someone off the ignore list...

Sorry, flask, but I'm the right-thinking person, as a conservative... you're a liberal, so you're left-thinking. And hey, you might not think I have any taste, but if I gave you the heebie-jeebies, then I'm a happy, tasteless person.

Thanks for making my day. :yikes:

Ah, my favorite train wreck weighing in. Just when you thought it was safe to take someone off the ignore list...

Sorry, flask, but I'm the right-thinking person, as a conservative... you're a liberal, so you're left-thinking.

personal foul, direct kick.

Sorry, flask, but I'm the right-thinking person, as a conservative... you're a liberal, so you're left-thinking.

And to think that I get all this entertainment for just a measly $30 per year! Wow!

And to think that my new altar devoted to Sioneva is located a mere three feet from the pre-existing altar devoted to flask, and a mere six feet from the even older altar devoted to Auntie Weasel!

Wow...!

:yikes:

And to think that I get all this entertainment for just a measly $30 per year!

This may be the most sensible thing ever posted on this forum.

no, it's not. this isn't an OT thread, so it comes included with the free version of the game.

Spring aint coming fast enough.

... The Crapper Barrel is a bad restaurant with a horrible theme. The thought of having to visit one to get a smiley horrifies me and causes me to twitch, me ears peal back and a guttural groan eminates from within.
I bolded the part of your post where you went sideways, in my opinion. Like many people in these forums, you seem to believe that the mere fact that a cache is published requires you to go log it. That sort of thinking can only lead you to unhappiness.

It's a joke. That was your que to chuckle.

Boy, folks take their country breakfast seriously around here. ;)

no, it's not. this isn't an OT thread, so it comes included with the free version of the game.

I knew someone would try that argument. Vinny didn't say anyone gets for $30 bucks a year. He said

I get all this entertainment for just a measly $30 per year!
He happily pays his $30 and gets this abuse. Free or not he pays his bucks.

I knew someone would try that argument. Vinny didn't say anyone gets for $30 bucks a year. He said

I get all this entertainment for just a measly $30 per year!
He happily pays his $30 and gets this abuse. Free or not he pays his bucks.

And the reality is that if a number of members of this community, including myself, did not support this site to the tune of about $30 per year, then the likelihood is that this "free" forum would not exist. And so, that is one way in which I was grateful that I do support this site.

And to think that I get all this entertainment for just a measly $30 per year! Wow!

And to think that my new altar devoted to Sioneva is located a mere three feet from the pre-existing altar devoted to flask, and a mere six feet from the even older altar devoted to Auntie Weasel!

Wow...!

:D

... Sadly, Vinny spent the rest of his life wondering why he was off the Christmas card list...

:lol::DB)

Wow...!

:anibad:

... Sadly, Vinny spent the rest of his life wondering why he was off the Christmas card list...

:):D:D

:D:laughing::unsure::unsure:

Actually, I am sending this post in order to bump this topic, because this thread on Cracker Barrel caches is the most urgent, most important, most earth-shaking and most relevant thread ever to appear on the Groundspeak forum, and it shall remain so for all time, for no other topic in the world can ever be as important as this most urgent and timely matter. In fact, I strongly suspect that if Cracker Barrel does not relent soon and reinstate permission for geocache placements, the the first signs of End Times will appear and then the world will shortly come to an end.

I for one WILL NOT miss these things at all!!!!!! We have done a few and more times than not you end up staring in the face of some clueless people tring to eat their meal in peace. If people love placing caches near C.B. so much put them out in the parking lot.
I think that you might be misunderstanding Cracker Barrels entire theme. You see, the reason that the junk is on the porch is so people can check it out. People routinely hang out on the porch while waiting for their turn at the nastiness that CB serves. When you are seated in Cracker Barrel, you know full well that there is very likely going to be people wandering about on the porch.

I agree with sbell. I often thought the best time to do an OYR cache was when the restaurant was busiest. You could be checking out that old washtub or that pot bellied stove on the porch and no one would give a second thought. And I don't see why people inside would care what you're doing. They'd be so busy trying to play that silly peg game they wouldn't even notice you. BTW, if Cracker Barrel's lawyers were so afraid of the liability if someone got hurt looking for a cache, why do they still have that stupid peg game? Surely someone is going to put one of those pegs in their mouth and choke on it. They should get rid of those before they get sued. :)

Edited by tozainamboku

or stupid comments on incendiary threads.

either is good.

Yes, but did you bring Marshmallows or hot dogs?

i do not subscribe to silly internet conventions such as pretending to eat popcorn, offering imaginary food, or the use of smilies.

such things are for mental defectives, eleven-year-olds, and other people.

either is good.

i do not subscribe to silly internet conventions such as pretending to eat popcorn, offering imaginary food, or the use of smilies.

I suppose you have similar feelings for the use of those "shift" keys that lurk on the edge of the keyboard, smirking their petulant smirks, hiding like vipers under the "enter" and "caps lock" keys?

I suppose you have similar feelings for the use of those "shift" keys that lurk on the edge of the keyboard, smirking their petulant smirks, hiding like vipers under the "enter" and "caps lock" keys?

no, as i have mentioned perhaps dozens of times before, i have a great deal of difficulty with right/left coordination as well as some problems with pain and therefore omit capital letters under informal circumstances.

i have, however, left instructions that if i ever use one of those smilie things someone is to come out to my house and shoot me execution-style.

in terms of communication, i rely on my general skill with the language and my impeccable use of punctuation to carry my meaning across.

edit to add: i think maybe you meant to mention the "shift" key rather than the "caps lock"; I CAN USE THAT JUST JUST FINE.

Edited by flask

no, as i have mentioned perhaps dozens of times before, i have a great deal of difficulty with right/left coordination as well as some problems with pain and therefore omit capital letters under informal circumstances.

i have, however, left instructions that if i ever use one of those smilie things someone is to come out to my house and shoot me execution-style.

in terms of communication, i rely on my general skill with the language and my impeccable use of punctuation to carry my meaning across.

edit to add: i think maybe you meant to mention the "shift" key rather than the "caps lock"; I CAN USE THAT JUST JUST FINE.

Begging your pardon, those where the dozens of posts that I haven't read yet. No ill will intended. I only mentioned the "caps lock" because of the left shift key that resides underneath it.

Perhaps I could offer you a free shipment of maple sugar candy I recently purchased from a local Cracker Barrel to mend any fences that may have been damaged in this exchange?

EDIT: I'm pulling your leg, please don't hate me.

Edited by Castle Mischief

either is good.

:):D

either is good.

*looks up from the box of maple sugar candy*

Oh, that would be me, I'm an other person. :unsure:

:D:D:):laughing::D

either is good.

*looks up from the box of maple sugar candy flavored hog-slops*

fixed.

Susan tells me I'm mentally defective all the time, although I'd rather think I'm one of the others.
:D:laughing::):unsure::D:D
:unsure:

Are we invoking Vinny's Law on this thread?

Quiggle, I am sure that it was just a brief memory lapse, but please be reminded that under the terms of the confidential binding settlement of the 4 million dollar lawsuit between Groundpeak and myself (wherein Groundspeak and Signal had sued me over my statements regarding a certain matter), Groundspeak, its agents and it volunteers, and I, and any of my agents, are prohibited from mentioning Xxxxx'x Law explicitly on any forum or in any geocaching-related context until March 2056.

Thank you for doing the needful.

*looks up from the box of maple sugar candy flavored swill*

fixed.

Re-fixed. Sorry, flask, but you don't get your turn to be Sioneva for... * checks calendar* ... another week. You can 'correct' my posts then. :)

when it's my turn to be you, i'll conveniently have an appointment in front of a firing squad.

...i hope.

*looks up from the box of maple sugar candy*

fixed.

Re-fixed. Sorry, flask, but you don't get your turn to be Sioneva for... * checks calendar* ... another week. You can 'correct' my posts then. :)

when it's my turn to be you, i'll conveniently have an appointment in front of a firing squad.

...i hope.

See, you're becoming me, already. You're thinking the same thing I am! Keep it up! :D

[Edited to add apology to forum readers for going off topic. I won't post anymore in this topic. But I will correct misquotings of my words... again.]

Edited by Sioneva

Wow...!

:lol:

:):D:D

:D:laughing::unsure::unsure:

Actually, I am sending this post in order to bump this topic, because this thread on Cracker Barrel caches is the most urgent, most important, most earth-shaking and most relevant thread ever to appear on the Groundspeak forum, and it shall remain so for all time, for no other topic in the world can ever be as important as this most urgent and timely matter. In fact, I strongly suspect that if Cracker Barrel does not relent soon and reinstate permission for geocache placements, the the first signs of End Times will appear and then the world will shortly come to an end.

Hear, Hear!!! :anibad: