Spin Cast Geocoin!!!

fox-and-the-hound

Yeah, I saw the preliminary work for this coin on the club site and was very intrigued. This is one (more) coin I'd love to add to my collection. :D

CF30

You and me both. One very cool coin

Yep Pewter and it is rock solid and 3D. The Skull and wings extend quite a ways out from the enamel. Since it is thick and the sides are like three circular saw blades stacked on each other the look is amazing. I see it as very durable and if someone wanted to put it out is would hold up nicely. I just can't imagine someone putting one like this in the wild.

-HHH :D

I see it as very durable and if someone wanted to put it out is would hold up nicely. I just can't imagine someone putting one like this in the wild.

-HHH :lol:

Call me a sadist, but I have my drill all primed to maim one of these bad boys and set it loose as soon as they arrive! :P

OMG, save the coin, save the coin! If you are so dead set on losing one of them, lol, just send it to me, I'll at least give it a good home! :D:laughing::laughing:

Absolutely awesome job here!

Naomi :blink:

I received some of these coins in the mail today (thanks to my trader person :laughing:). A couple observations about the coin :P

1. I finally know what the enamel fill is now that I have them in hand :blink:

2. Nice hefty weight, I like that.

3. Excellent 3D artwork

4. That 3D edging is so crisp and clean that it totally kicks some serious bass.

Very, very nice Chris! These would make some nice conchos for Harley cachers :lol::D

Edited by tsunrisebey

Thanks! For people who have been wondering about the LE, here's a pic of the coins I received today!

facebronze.jpg

rearbronze.jpg

Sorry, don't know when they'll be up for purchase and wish the photos were better, but wanted to share :)

edit to add: Fire up that drill! **bwahahaahaaaaaaa.....** (in my best doctor evil laugh)

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Now if I can only manage to get one of those antique bronze SEs. :laughing:

There's one on Ebay already :mad:

TMA

I don't think they sold the LE's in the Member's Only Store yet. If they did, they went quick, I didn't see them. And you'd see alot of them out here looking for trades.

:(

They didn't sell yet. Some lucky soul got one early as a gift :P

TMA

Now if I can only manage to get one of those antique bronze SEs. :laughing:

There's one on Ebay already :mad:

TMA

I don't think they sold the LE's in the Member's Only Store yet. If they did, they went quick, I didn't see them. And you'd see alot of them out here looking for trades.

:(

Nope... They definitely haven't been offered in the Member's Only Store yet... I'm waiting too. :P

The designer, fox-and-the-hound, has posted a picture of one on this thread.

Edited to add: A gift... Lucky! :mad:

Edited by tom4props

Ive watched from my lil corner how everyone is going crazy over this coin,, all i can say is its an awsome coin, id say I want one but then i figure theres a line a mile long ahead of me..cheers to you all with this fabolus coin, mabie one day when im about 80 ill be next in line to add this one to my collection.. :( ..lol

WOW!! I see the 200 S.E.'s that were minted are SOLD OUT!! Will you be minting any more?

No remints on Special Editions. That's just not fair . . .

Why not? It's not a "Limited Edition" or is SE the same as LE?. I'm not worried, I got mine already I was just wondering?

I posted the answer in another thread. Store policy. Members perks to keep coin values high. p.s. I am not an employee, nor a spokesperson for The Geocoin Club, LLC. :laughing:

TMA

WOW!! I see the 200 S.E.'s that were minted are SOLD OUT!! Will you be minting any more?

No remints on Special Editions. That's just not fair . . .

Why not? It's not a "Limited Edition" or is SE the same as LE?. I'm not worried, I got mine already I was just wondering?

I posted the answer in another thread. Store policy. Members perks to keep coin values high. p.s. I am not an employee, nor a spokesperson for The Geocoin Club, LLC. :laughing:

TMA

Well then, I'm glad I ordered when I did!! Thanks for letting me know :laughing:

Does anyone know what finishes this coin comes in, and what the minting #'s of each finish are? thanks

Their website lists the Regular Edition as Pewter and the Special Edition as Antique Gold. Pewter minting numbers shouldn't be available, but next month club members will get a newsletter with how many Antique Gold were minted.

TMA

edit to add**

It helps if I read the newsletter for each month before posting. I already got Januarys newsletter :D The Dec. 08 Antique Gold was minted at 200.

Edited by The Moop Along

Does anyone know what finishes this coin comes in, and what the minting #'s of each finish are? thanks

Their website lists the Regular Edition as Pewter and the Special Edition as Antique Gold. Pewter minting numbers shouldn't be available, but next month club members will get a newsletter with how many Antique Gold were minted.

TMA

edit to add**

It helps if I read the newsletter for each month before posting. I already got Januarys newsletter :D The Dec. 08 Antique Gold was minted at 200.

Ive seen where people have posted a SE bronze ?? And I see that you post the SE is Antique gold?

TMA

edit to add**

Ive seen where people have posted a SE bronze ?? And I see that you post the SE is Antique gold?

I know I've posted somewhere it was antique bronze. In all reality, when I say bronze or gold, and I'm referring to an antique coin, it's mostly just a "color generalization". I think it's very hard to say whether the plating metal was bronze or gold by visual cues alone.

I would think it's a commonly made mistake or generalization. That's why I said "their website says antique gold". I thought it was antique bronze myself.

TMA