Need local help setting up events...

Rev Mike

I am going to be making a pretty serious caching trip (in late April and early May) spanning over 3 weeks and 20 states.

Two other cachers from Pennsylvania will accompany me for this epic caching journey.

What I am planning on doing is hosting "meet & greet" type events along the way as I roll into various areas.

What I need is at least one local cacher from each area (Denver, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, and Albuquerque... so far) that I am considering to help me figure out a good local venue and perhaps spread the word a bit.

If you can help out with one of those locations please let me know.

I already have some ideas but would like someone local to discuss them with and offer any advise.

- Rev Mike

What did you have in mind, Rev Mike?

A park type of setting or a restaurant with a lot of room?

I am not in the Denver area but I am just north by 50+ miles. Come this spring, there should be a few of the lower mountain areas opening up. (The bad news on that is in late spring is when we have the potential to get very heavy and wet snows. Usually are melted with in days, though.)

There is also our local group GCCO that can team up if needed.

What did you have in mind, Rev Mike?

A park type of setting or a restaurant with a lot of room?

I am not in the Denver area but I am just north by 50+ miles. Come this spring, there should be a few of the lower mountain areas opening up. (The bad news on that is in late spring is when we have the potential to get very heavy and wet snows. Usually are melted with in days, though.)

There is also our local group GCCO that can team up if needed.

Also, what's your route through town? Denver's fairly spread out and there are a bunch of great spots to host meet n' greets.

I'm with zoltig, just North of Denver by 20 miles, but am quite familiar with the Northern suburbs.

Be happy to help out where I can though!

Unfortunately these events will have to be indoors and in the evening. We will be pushing on the road for a minimum of 12 hours a day and caching along the way so these events would have to be when we roll into town. I am partial to smaller local brew pub/resturant type settings (that is why I am after local advise).

We are going to be entering Denver in the evening (7:30-8PM at the latest) coming west on I70 and will be heading up to the Cache Across America Colorado in the morning. Still uncertain about lodging while in the area or even a general location. Anywhere between downtown Denver and Boulder will be great. We are pretty flexible as far as locations.

- Rev Mike

Unfortunately these events will have to be indoors and in the evening. We will be pushing on the road for a minimum of 12 hours a day and caching along the way so these events would have to be when we roll into town. I am partial to smaller local brew pub/resturant type settings (that is why I am after local advise).

We are going to be entering Denver in the evening (7:30-8PM at the latest) coming west on I70 and will be heading up to the Cache Across America Colorado in the morning. Still uncertain about lodging while in the area or even a general location. Anywhere between downtown Denver and Boulder will be great. We are pretty flexible as far as locations.

- Rev Mike

If you're good with Longmont (just NE of Boulder), that's where my (thanks to zoltig) favorite watering hole is.

- Rev Mike

OK-

Here is the Wynkoop Brewery located at these

coordinates: N39 45.201 W104 59.878

As the crow flies it is 2 miles South of I-70 following the I-25 corridor.

There is also Breckenridge Brewery located at these coordinates: N39 45.381 W104 59.497 roughly in the same area.

I have been to Wynkoop at the above location and Breckenridge at, where else, Breckenridge!

Both should be good. Both have potential to be crowded if on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Both should be good. Both have potential to be crowded if on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Both sound great but the date is now set in stone for the Colorado event and it will be a Friday (04-24-09)

Do either have an area like a smaller room that could be designated for the event or are we at the mercy of the crowds?

Both are located in the area I was considering for the event and if crowds are a problem at either my original thought was the Rock Bottom at 16th and Curtis. Even though it is a chain it should be equipped to handle the larger crowds but it will only be considered as a last resort. I would rather have it at one of the places you mentioned.

Another note is that we will be staying in Boulder for the evening so I might stop at the Pumphouse after the main event.

Thanks for all the responses so far but I still need help in Las Vegas, Flagstaff, and Albuquerque.

- Rev Mike

Both sound great but the date is now set in stone for the Colorado event and it will be a Friday (04-24-09)

Do either have an area like a smaller room that could be designated for the event or are we at the mercy of the crowds?<snip>

- Rev Mike

Sounds like we need to make a "reconnaissance" mission to investigate the side rooms and, uh.... test the product, eh Chris? We can't let a fellow cacher from afar go into this blind!

We will check this out and make some inqueries with the staff.

Now if you want to make this a Boulder affair, there are several fine breweries as well.

One of my favorites (who am I kidding? I pretty much like them all.) Is Mountain Sun and Southern Sun breweries.

Mountain Sun is located at these coordinates: N40 01.129 W105 16.535

Southern Sun is located at these coordinates: N39 59.126 W105 14.985

Boulder Beer Company is another located here: N40 01.598 W105 14.851

Walnut Brewery located at: N40 01.003 W105 16.837

(It looks like Walnut is tied in with Rock Bottom these days.)

I will send you a .gpx file via email that will give you the lay of the land on these breweries.

Sounds like we need to make a "reconnaissance" mission to investigate the side rooms and, uh.... test the product, eh Chris? We can't let a fellow cacher from afar go into this blind!

We will check this out and make some inqueries with the staff.

Absolutely! As you know, my (and now yours) schedule is fairly flexible, so I'm game whenever you are. You can even stop by and we'll carpool - I'll drive (36 mpg. rules!).

:angry:RocketMan will pay for drinks. :D

After overcoming a number of obstacles, zoltig and I were able to conduct our "research" for your upcoming visit.

Breckenridge Brewery: 22nd & Blake

breck.jpg

A great place to hang out and throw a few back. The BP Brown was my favorite of the local brew. The nachos were fantastic too! We were there for about an hour or so tonight, and it didn't seem that busy. We spoke with the Manager on Duty and discussed bringing an event/gathering there on the 24th of April. It's a no-go.

The Colorado Rockies have a home game against the Dogers that night. The stadium is about a block away, and there's no way they'll reserve a room.

Wynkoop is only a few block away, and they'll be in the same boat. Downtown doesn't look like it'll work out. There are other micro brews around, but they're further South (i.e. further away from Boulder.

We decided to head up North a bit and check out CB&Pots (120th and Huron).

cbpots.jpg

They have the Big Horn Brewing Company inside. The darks and lights were very good, but the mid-colors didn't sit right with me (the red, pale ale, etc.). zoltig may have a different opinion. There is a large room that can be reserved, holding up to 80 people. We tried to talk with the manager, bit this place was hopping! zoltig left a number and he'll get more information from them tomorrow. Stay tuned....

After that, we visited The Fox and the Hound.

foxandhound.jpg

It's not a mirco-brew, but they do cater very well to parties. I (personally) have been to a number of work gatherings here, and things have always gone well. There are pool tables, darts, arcade, and fooseball in the area, and plenty of TVs to keep you entertained. The music is a bit loud, and the place can get busy.

Knowing that we will not be able to reserve any space downtown, I'd say CB & Pots is probably the best bet for a Denver event. I don't know if there is a cost to reserviing yet, but zoltig will find out soon. Fox and Hound would be a 2nd choice, assuming you wanted to have a Denver based event.

As you're planning a Boulder stay, there are a few micros there that may be able to accommodate.

....zoltig and I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to do some more research on the subject if you'd like.

After overcoming a number of obstacles, zoltig and I were able to conduct our "research" for your upcoming visit.

After that, we visited The Fox and the Hound.

foxandhound.jpg

....zoltig and I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to do some more research on the subject if you'd like.

0002019D.gif 00020354.gif

:laughing::laughing::anibad:That pretty well sums it up! :P:D:D