Cachin' Crow Geocoin -

opalsns

Our unofficial Coke 600.

We completed 600+ miles on Sunday. Race started around 11 am and off to a good start(had to get a few Tennessee caches). We must have had car #18 because we were drinking Coke to stay awake and eating 2 bags of m&ms on our drive home from GWS7.

First pitstop to get some caches in Alabama - a new state for us and then back on the track/road. An hour later we saw a red flag thrown but it was on the other side of the track/highway. Accident had cars detouring off the highway and an eight mile backup. Glad we were going the opposite way.

Second pit stop when we hit Georgia and then we were off again. Another pit stop near Atlanta for a refuelling of the drivers and the car and off again. Made good time the rest of the way with only two cautions for weather and road work.

A few more pitstops - had to get a few caches in each state we drove through and one more refuelling and we made it to the finish line. Got our Coke 600+ finished and in only 11+ hours.

Lets see how the professionals do tomorrow.

Seekerfamily

KD1EJ's Journey

1. Going to Geowoodstock 7 in Bell Buckle Tennessee.

2. How many states going to/through? 9 on way there, 10 on way back

3. How many caches

Traditional - 67

Multi - 2

Earth - 1

Virtual - 2

Puzzle/Mystery - 3

Benchmark - 2 (but they don't count on official geocaching found totals)

Also - 1 Wherigo cache and 4 event caches

Total - 80 caches recognized by geocaching.com 82 total including benchmark

Bonus - States

Going - RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD, WV, VA, TN

Returning - TN, NC, VA, WV, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI

Thanks for the cointest

Hope KD1EJ had a great time.

DRIVE SAFE KD1EJ

1. Where is KD1EJ heading and for what ? Need Place , City, State.

Geowoodstock VII, Bell Buckle, Tennessee

2. Starting with Rhode Island, How many states will KD1EJ going to/through on his journey?

12 different states

3. How Many Caches Will he do???

Traditional- 57

Multi-2

Earthcache-0

Virtual-3

Puzzle-2

Benchmark-0

TOTAL -64

Name the states, In order, That he visits on this journey both there and back!!!!!!!!

Start In RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD, WV, VA, TN.

On the way back he will start of course in TN, KY, IN, OH, PA, NJ, NY, CT, ending in RI

Wear your helmet

Since it was postponed until tomorrow can we still get in?

Seekerfamily

Hey yeah I like that idea! Pretty please opalsns may we? :(

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but remember some of the drivers were already picked yesterday and those entrys are good!!!!!!!

Will the race be on TV today? May not be locally depending on what else will be covered.

From nascar.com

A complete soakerThe Coca-Cola 600 has been postponed due to rain that soaked Lowe's Motor Speedway for most of the day Sunday. The race will be run Monday at noon ET on FOX.

Coca-Cola 600: Lap-by-Lap | Race Lineup | Video: Snider's six for the 600

Charlotte

Cloudy 70°

Forecast

Hi everyone, Arrive Alive back home, What a great time,unbelievable, this post ends the cointest,any entries after this post, are invalid, will post the final tallies,as soon as I get the Thumbs up for my earthcaches and virtuals, Right now a hot shower and a good night sleep, Thank you, KD1EJ

Hi everyone, Arrive Alive back home, What a great time,unbelievable, this post ends the cointest,any entries after this post, are invalid, will post the final tallies,as soon as I get the Thumbs up for my earthcaches and virtuals, Right now a hot shower and a good night sleep, Thank you, KD1EJ

Welcome back my friend!!! :D

Hmm... in what place is my driver??? HUH! What I m asking.... he is probably in the last places once again!

I do not know why, no matter who I will pick, he is not in the first 5 places for sure! I am desroying carreers!!! :P

Welcome back my friend!!! :rolleyes:

Hmm... in what place is my driver??? HUH! What I m asking.... he is probably in the last places once again!

I do not know why, no matter who I will pick, he is not in the first 5 places for sure! I am desroying carreers!!! :D

Today its the rain and not your bad karma!! Kurt Busch is in 37 place. For about the last 1.5 hours its been a rain delay and has been several times this afternoon. #00 David Reutimann is currently the leader but my guy #39 Ryan Newman is in second. What I hope is that they go out again and Newman takes first and then they call the race!! :P The radar doesn't look good for a restart at this point though. Reutimann and Newman made a tactical move and didn't pit betting that it would rain when most of the others pitted so they came to the front of the pack. The rain is picking up now too.....

Good Morning,

Just woke up ,needed that rest,glad I took today off from work

Opalsns ,how many people was in my cointest,by the looks of it not many.

For Q1, the answer is Geowoodstock 7 or GW7 in Bell Buckle,Tn.

Q2, Started in RI-CT-NY-NJ-PA-MD-WV-VA-TN, add KY to the list, So answer is 10

For the bonus

RI_CT_NY_NJ_PA_MD_WV_VA_TN=9

Back home, TN_KY_WV_MD_PA_NJ_NY_CT_RI=9 Total=18

still putting in my finds and waiting for earthcaches and vituals\

KD1EJ

Welcome back and hope you had a good time.

Thank you Seekerfamily, Had an Unbelievable time, 2010 GW8 will be in Seattle,Wa. closing down Ground speak for a week, won't make that one, will have to see where 2011 will be at??

Ugh, what a horrible day for Kevin Harvick. :unsure: Hopefully things will look better in the next couple of weeks. I just have to keep reminding myself there is still alot of racing to do.

It has been rough for him!! I love kevin and "D" . I like the way they hang out together all the time.

When He broke down in Victory Lane just after De Lana's dad past away and he called to her and she came over and hugged him and told him "it's Alright"!!

Well , that just broke my heart!!!

Plus, He can put up with my boy Tony!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!

Opalsns

Welcome back and hope you had a good time.

Thank you Seekerfamily, Had an Unbelievable time, 2010 GW8 will be in Seattle,Wa. closing down Ground speak for a week, won't make that one, will have to see where 2011 will be at??

I don't know, but maybe I can convince him how important it is to TAKE ME THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Opalsns,

Since I had a great, unbelievable Time at GW 7, and the hospitality at Bell Buckle, Tn, all 4 that enter are winners. so Opalsns know if 2008 satin, i'll give you 2009 satin, if you 2009 satin ,I'll give 2008, if you don't have any, I'll start you off with 2008.

What do you think, OPALSNS, you are always welcome on my trips, remember it's a cattle drive, you know how I like to drive,KD1EJ

Well, Opalsns,

Since I had a great, unbelievable Time at GW 7, and the hospitality at Bell Buckle, Tn, all 4 that enter are winners. so Opalsns know if 2008 satin, i'll give you 2009 satin, if you 2009 satin ,I'll give 2008, if you don't have any, I'll start you off with 2008.

What do you think, OPALSNS, you are always welcome on my trips, remember it's a cattle drive, you know how I like to drive,KD1EJ

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Everyone that entered KD!EJs cointest WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS a CC coin!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were 5 on the CC thread and 4 On the Todie's thread

LadyB4T

Snowball58

Ashallond

SeekerFamily

Fossil Lady

What coin do you want ? A 2008 Satin Nickel or a 2009 Satin Nickel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by opalsns

Well, Opalsns,

Everyone that entered KD!EJs cointest WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS a CC coin!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE RACE of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyB4T

Snowball58

MaineFamily

SeekerFamily

What coin do you want ? A 2008 Satin Nickel or a 2009 Satin Nickel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF they have 2008,we will give-2009,they have 2009,we will give 2008, have none we will start you off with 2008, OPal you see this please

There were 5 on the CC thread and 4 On the Todie's thread

LadyB4T

Snowball58

Ashallond

SeekerFamily

Fossil Lady

What coin do you need ? IF they have 2008,we will give-2009,they have 2009,we will give 2008, have none we will start you off with 2008, OPal you see this please