Cachin' Crow Geocoin -

opalsns

Nope, This week will be different. Haven't decided yet.

Gonna converse with KD1EJ to figure out how to do the cointest this week.

Don't know if there will be a Nattionwide cointest this week. THere's never enough interest.

We'll see!

Opalsns

Welcome to the thread.

There are a few coins available for sale and always a chance to win one.

:laughing::o how can we win one?

I will buy some in a few weeks if there is any left for sale :rolleyes:

You Enter A Cointest. There Are Several Cointests On This Forum. You'll Probabally Have To Read Back On The Threads To Find Out What To Do.

i am no use with Nascar with being from Scotland lol so will have to pass on the comp :laughing:

over spent on my caching supplies but will deffinatly buy some off you soon :rolleyes: they are some of the best coins i have seen so far ;)

i have a special connection with crows as i have rescued many over the years, one i had was super intelligent it learned all my african grey knew except talking lol she was out all day and came back late afternoon every day to come back in the house to eat, sleep etc, then one day when she was approx 2 years old she took off and never came back, just hope she found a special wee crow that she nested with

i am no use with Nascar with being from Scotland lol so will have to pass on the comp :laughing:

over spent on my caching supplies but will deffinatly buy some off you soon :rolleyes: they are some of the best coins i have seen so far ;)

i have a special connection with crows as i have rescued many over the years, one i had was super intelligent it learned all my african grey knew except talking lol she was out all day and came back late afternoon every day to come back in the house to eat, sleep etc, then one day when she was approx 2 years old she took off and never came back, just hope she found a special wee crow that she nested with

Yup,

You did well!!!!!!!!

We have that connection here as well, helping them and Bro In Law in"Raven St. Band, died of cancer and there's been a huge Crow running the roost on our property since Leo Passed. All Good.

If Interested,

Check out NASCAR.com , Sprint Cup Series , This week we'll pick drivers. Sunday Morning, be ready to pick. The first one to pick a driver, gets that driver . We keep a good account of what's going on , here on the thread. And NASCAR.com updates all the time.

You NEVER know who's gonna win.

Hope you play,

OPalsns

Here's a little FYI from a Discovery Post for a Cachin' Crow Geocoin....

Did you know~

Crows are in the corvidae family which includes ravens, magpies, and blue jays.

Crows live all over the world, except for South America, New Zealand, and Antarctica.

Hmm I wonder why not South America?

Crows are predators and scavengers, which means that they will eat practically anything. Their diet consists of various road-kill, insects, frogs, snakes, mice, corn, human fast food, even eggs and nestlings of other birds. An adult crow needs 11 ounces of food daily.

Crows are very social and have a tight-knit family. They roost in huge numbers (in the thousands) to protect themselves from enemies like red-tailed hawks, horned-owls, and raccoons. Crows also use 25 different calls. The distress call brings other crows to their aid, as crows will defend unrelated crows. Crow couples are thought to mate for life.

A group of crows is called a "murder." This name came about because a group of crows will sometimes kill a dying crow.

Here's a little FYI from a Discovery Post for a Cachin' Crow Geocoin....

Did you know~

Crows are in the corvidae family which includes ravens, magpies, and blue jays.

Crows live all over the world, except for South America, New Zealand, and Antarctica.

Hmm I wonder why not South America?

Crows are predators and scavengers, which means that they will eat practically anything. Their diet consists of various road-kill, insects, frogs, snakes, mice, corn, human fast food, even eggs and nestlings of other birds. An adult crow needs 11 ounces of food daily.

Crows are very social and have a tight-knit family. They roost in huge numbers (in the thousands) to protect themselves from enemies like red-tailed hawks, horned-owls, and raccoons. Crows also use 25 different calls. The distress call brings other crows to their aid, as crows will defend unrelated crows. Crow couples are thought to mate for life.

A group of crows is called a "murder." This name came about because a group of crows will sometimes kill a dying crow.

Crows are very smart ;)

And crows are my protectors. :laughing:

Everywhere i walk i see crows and it gives me a save feeling. :rolleyes:

I love how they talk. :D

Ever seen Irish crows, i have photos from those beauty's. B)

Crows are very smart!!! Oh yes! :rolleyes:

Even if (at least here in Greece) people do not like them because it is believed that they bring death (stupidity!!!) My mother has a crow friend! B) No kiding!!!

a crow mother lived in a tree close to our house! she was quite caring mother! I used to watch with my binoculars! Mama crow was quite hungry! She was trying to find some food and my mother felt pity for her! The crow didn't go far from the nest! So, my mother started calling the crow and she was giving her food, left overs from us! the crow learned to hear my mother when she was calling her! When my mother was out with food, she was just calling the crow, saying "come, come to eat!" and she was waving her hand making the sign of "come"!

The crow was making the usual sound "CRA CRA CRA..." and was coming!!! The flat next to ours was not yet finished at that time, so my mother was taking a piece of newspaper was puting the food on it and she was taking it to the open area of the flat! The crow wasn't afraid of us at all! She knew that we were friendly and we were trying to help her!

If my mother was late in giving her the food, she was coming to our balcony and shw was looking inside! If there was nobody, she started yelling so we can hear her! :o

One day we put spagetti for the crow! She ate and then she took the paper that thew it away from the flat! She wanted her spot clean?!!! ;)

One of our neighbours complayed to my mother about the crow! She told her not to feed the crow because she is coming and brings bad luck and death! Some people are ...... :laughing:

My mother refused to listen more abaout it and continued feeding the bird!

Baby crows grew up and left! Some times the crow is coming to visit us! she loves to take a walk in our balcony! :ph34r: She does that and she leaves! She is still saying hello to my mother! :D

Good Morning KD1EJ and all racing fans, are we open for selections yet?

Good Morning,kini-ont, I believe Opalsns will start at 12pm eastern taking entries, make sure you are around April 26th for the mother of race tracks,TALLADEGA, 2.6 mile oval, will announce the coin soon

corbeaux-04.gifThe NASCAR Sprint Cup Boys are Back !!!!!!

There is a 2009 Satin Nickel finish Cachin' Crow on Orange Geocoin up for grabs ..........

.......All you have to do is pick the winner. Easy Right , Nope !!!!

The Tables are constantly turning and you never know who'll take the flag. Soooooo....

Be the first to make your pick , Exact Name AND Car Number

First To Post the Driver / Car Number gets that driver.

Only one ( 1 ) driver entry per person.

READ POSTS TO SEE WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN PICKED, so you don't pick a driver that's ALREADY been picked.

There are 43 drivers . We will accept the first to post that driver/car#.

We Reserve the Right to Change the rules of the cointest.

Remember This is for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Race.

Have Fun.....

Yup, .... You can start...

.... NOW!!!!!!corbeaux-07.gif

I have a Painting Of Cachin' Crow with a real Travel Bug hanging from it's beak.

CACHIN' CROW The Traveling TB

Cachin' Crow TB

It started it's journey in Maine and has traveled over 3000 miles.

I am Honored to say that Yesterday, It attended an event at Ground Speak Headquarters!!!!!!!!

Event

WOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Painting Of Cachin' Crow with a real Travel Bug hanging from it's beak.

Cachin' Crow TB

I am Honored to say that Yesterday, It attended an event at Ground Speak Headquarters!!!!!!!!

Event

Wow Congratulations!! Caw Caw (for the crow) and a great big OPA!! for the lessons :mellow:

Cachin' Crow TB

Event

Wow Congratulations!! Caw Caw (for the crow) and a great big OPA!! for the lessons :mellow:

Catnfish, I'm glad your here, ....I wanted to tell you, You have got to make a GEOCOIN of this SI you sent to us. YOU JUST HAVE TO. They'll sell as fast as the Penguins did.!!!!!!

Opalsns

Cachin' Crow TB

Event

:mellow: VERY NICE and a good deal of response of discovery at the event very very nice