Cachin' Crow Geocoin -

opalsns

I LOVE CROW DANCING!!!!!!!!!!

One chilly, windy morning, years ago,I went to check our pool to see how everthing was. A baby crow had been blown out of it's nest and was floating in the pool. I rescued it, put him on a hot water bottle to warm up and then placed him in a bush so his folks would find them.

Years later , I was hanging around with a friend named Leo. He was a musician and played in a band with friends of mine. Later he formed a band with his buddies called , Raven St. Band. After awhile I ran into his half brother, who turned out to be a guy I graduated with AND who I am with now, BubbaBass!!!!!!!!

At the tender age of 31, Leo lost a battle to a MISDIAGNOST case of intestinal Cancer. In his last year he came to Maine and loved to hang out with his brother in the shop in front of the woodstove. We live on 15 beautiful acres in the woods with a marsh as part of our land. We've always had all kinds of Birds and animals around. After Leo passed, A HUGE Crow started to follow Bubba around and they would talk to each other, ( If anyone ever listened to a crow, you know they TALK!!!!!)

After that we've had all kinds of crows and ravens hanging around. They influenced me to start my artwork again and I started selling my crow paintings all over the world.

After my brother taught me geocaching, I sent him a picture I did of a Caching Crow ..........

Thanx for the crows!!!!

Opalsns

I LOVE CROW DANCING!!!!!!!!!!

One chilly, windy morning, years ago,I went to check our pool to see how everthing was. A baby crow had been blown out of it's nest and was floating in the pool. I rescued it, put him on a hot water bottle to warm up and then placed him in a bush so his folks would find them.

Years later , I was hanging around with a friend named Leo. He was a musician and played in a band with friends of mine. Later he formed a band with his buddies called , Raven St. Band. After awhile I ran into his half brother, who turned out to be a guy I graduated with AND who I am with now, BubbaBass!!!!!!!!

At the tender age of 31, Leo lost a battle to a MISDIAGNOST case of intestinal Cancer. In his last year he came to Maine and loved to hang out with his brother in the shop in front of the woodstove. We live on 15 beautiful acres in the woods with a marsh as part of our land. We've always had all kinds of Birds and animals around. After Leo passed, A HUGE Crow started to follow Bubba around and they would talk to each other, ( If anyone ever listened to a crow, you know they TALK!!!!!)

After that we've had all kinds of crows and ravens hanging around. They influenced me to start my artwork again and I started selling my crow paintings all over the world.

After my brother taught me geocaching, I sent him a picture I did of a Caching Crow ..........

Thanx for the crows!!!!

Opalsns

wow..thanks for sharing your story, i feel save when i walk alone with Error and every where are crows.

And yes they talk, thanks again. :D

animated%20crow.gif

Getting alot of emails on the 2009 CC coin,

To the best of our knowledge,

We have samples , and should have the actual coins by the end of February. The Chinese New Year is this week so no coins made. We will let everyone know when they are here for sale. We are as excited as you are. and every bit as anxious,

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! LOL!!!

Soon, my precious, soon!!!!!

Opalsns

3ee71350-7e31-4716-a1b2-c43ec8e2e08d.jpg

Is it just me, or are the compass points mixed up on the die strike for the 2008 coin? I could swear that the W and S are mixed up. I don't have one of the coins to confirm that, but it sure looks like a bad die was used. Weird. Wonder how that slid through. Looks like they fixed the error on the 2009 version :laughing:

TMA

3ee71350-7e31-4716-a1b2-c43ec8e2e08d.jpg

Is it just me, or are the compass points mixed up on the die strike for the 2008 coin? I could swear that the W and S are mixed up. I don't have one of the coins to confirm that, but it sure looks like a bad die was used. Weird. Wonder how that slid through. Looks like they fixed the error on the 2009 version :laughing:

TMA

Heh. Now its value is doubled. ; )

Is it just me, or are the compass points mixed up on the die strike for the 2008 coin? I could swear that the W and S are mixed up.

You are correct. They are mixed up. But they are still really nice coins - coins I'm glad to have in my collection.

:laughing:

CF30

I asked opalsns about this, and she said is was deliberate. The idea was "as the crow flies." So, nope, not a bad die or an error coin.

Is it just me, or are the compass points mixed up on the die strike for the 2008 coin? I could swear that the W and S are mixed up.

You are correct. They are mixed up. But they are still really nice coins - coins I'm glad to have in my collection.

CF30

I asked opalsns about this, and she said is was deliberate. The idea was "as the crow flies." So, nope, not a bad die or an error coin.

Sounds like a perfect cover story :P You went all for it :o

TMA

I'm confused. Doesn't "as the crow flies" mean "in a straight line, with no consideration of topography that might require roads or hikers to move in a not-straight line"?

yup, The value just doubled,!!

JackleGirl I want to hire you to be my manager!!!!!LOL!!!

How do we double the 2009s value???? LOL!!!

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

CF30

Thank You Cf30 and Thanx to everyone that Loves our coins as much as I do.

Opalsns

save the crows from geoerror in your pictures and then upload them into photobucket. then click on direct link and copy and paste the words, then click on the little tree in your post box near the top paste the words there and away you go!!

Edited by Team CeDo

Last year I shared this pic with CF30. I just love the pic. I have a trail camera in my back yard. Last winter this was taken on the path through the woods to our lower property. Looks very funny cause the one pinning the other one down looks like he us going to stomp a mud hole in the other. And the one off to the side is either yellin for them to knock it off or cheering them on. I cant tell. Just thought it was very funny looking

3-5-08.jpg

Wow,

Great Photo Op,

I've seen them in air battle but never like this, Wild...

Did they all survive???

I had a Turkey Battle going on in my Backyard last year, Vicious they were, I finally got out there and threw snowballs at them to scare them off. I didn't want a torn up half dead turkey on my hands.

Opalsns

Opalsns...

I just gotta say that when you first showed up here I spent DAYS trying to figure out what on earth your nickname meant, first I thought you had misspelt "psalms" or something, lol, but then I finally got it and I love it, one of my favorite words and effects!

Naomi :D

Opalsns...

I just gotta say that when you first showed up here I spent DAYS trying to figure out what on earth your nickname meant, first I thought you had misspelt "psalms" or something, lol, but then I finally got it and I love it, one of my favorite words and effects!

Naomi :D

Thank You Naomi,

:D

I had a good chuckle with your post. LOL!! ;);)

I should have made it a Cointest, LOL!!! :D

Opalsns

I'm confused. Doesn't "as the crow flies" mean "in a straight line, with no consideration of topography that might require roads or hikers to move in a not-straight line"?

yup, The value just doubled,!!

JackleGirl I want to hire you to be my manager!!!!!LOL!!!

How do we double the 2009s value???? LOL!!!

Opalsns

You'll have to blame my Mom -- she's a book artist (started as a calligrapher, now does all kinds of stuff related to books, including lettering, printing, papermaking and -marbling, binding, and scholarly research). She's the one who taught me that every time you make a mistake you add $50 to the cost for making the work more "unique". She was, of course, joking (I regularly badger her about not charging enough for her work), but I thought it was pretty funny. Now, every time I mess up I say, "another 50 bucks -- woo hoo!" ; )

Opalsns...

Naomi B)

Thank You Naomi,

:D

I had a good chuckle with your post. LOL!! :D;)

I should have made it a Cointest, LOL!!! :D

Opalsns

:D Count me in with the still confused... I see "opals" (love opals..... shiny.... sparkly... B) ) but not sure if that really has anything to do with it... ;) Go ahead & have the cointest. Naomi just cannot participate... :P

CF30

A good deed should not go undone, will be sending you one ,compliments of Opalsns and KD1EJ, it will have to be the Satin coin, hope you don't mind.

KD1EJ

Dang..I love this stuff!

This is the sort of act that touches the heart. Seems like all you hear about is bad things.

Good on you, truly. You have made my day.

SunsetMedowLark,

Did you read about your coin that's heading your way?

You deserve it.

Opalsns

Oops, I feel like a dork! I read KD1EJ's post but thought he was talking to someone else and I hadn't checked back into this thread until Opalsns pointed it out to me in another thread. KD1EJ, I truly wasn't ignoring you! Thank you so, so much! Same to you Opalsns, both for this and for all of the times you've made me smile with your posts!

OPALSNS and KD1EJ WAUWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ................

YOU TWO ARE REALLY REALLY ROCK :):o

i got the suprise today in my mail and it is a real good one :D

when lorca saw it she steal it from me and she hold it now with her close on her sofa :D:D

see what OPALSNS and KD1EJ give us as a suprise.........

opalsns001.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SUPRISE YOU TWO MAKE MY DAY A HAPPY HAPPY DAY......

AND WE GOT A VERY SMILE ON OUR FACE............

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:lol: