Hamgran, PumpkinOneA, and Blue

knitter

For those of you who know Hamgran and PumpkinOneA, you know that they had to put Blue down due to health issues last summer. It was a sad time for all of us who knew and loved Blue.

However, it seems the house and caching trails have been far too quiet and empty for their liking ever since. Today they brought home Blue's heir, a golden retriever puppy they've named Jake. We're watching them, laughing, as they've never trained a puppy before so it will be a great source of entertainment for the rest of us to watch them navigate this new experience. With Blue as his predecessor, Jake will have big shoes to fill.

K, I've clicked on this entry a few times now, and having just teared up at looking at a photo of my Awesome, Amazing, and Inimitable 19-year-old Black Lab Katie, who passed away a year ago, this really does deserve a comment. I propose a toast to all those amazing, awesome and inimitable best friends that our dogs are...you know who you are. Cheers!

Congrats on the new pup Cathy! Where did you wind up getting him/her from?

Harley has made us a fantastic pet...I'm sure yours will as well. Just get him into a puppy class as soon as possible...that plus training to sniff out tupperware....

Yes, to the Geodogs, of every size, shape and colour, who never seem to tire of geocaching!

Have you got a picture of Katie when she was caching, that you could post for us, tangerineman?

Kind of you to ask, but after 1/2 hour, I have to admit that I just can't figure out how to place a photo in this reply <_<

I just post a pic to one of my caches then post it in the forums with the "insert image" button at the top

Awesome dogs, tangerineman! But a big change from one to the other, eh?

Here's my Blueboy, a year ago, at a local earthcache:

meandblue.jpg

And here's GeoHuntin' Jake, at his first geocache:

61993c23-8bdc-4fd5-a3e7-fe70ceaf976a.jpg

I think he's going to make a fine geocacher. I sure missed caching with a dog this past year!

Edited by hamgran

Hamgran, you're after my own heart with those fine pups (we call dogs of any age a Pup around here:). Yep, it was a real leap of faith to go from always owning black or yellow Labs in my life (one Samoyed in there) to a toy...poodle at that! I decided I wanted someone I could pick up, and one who wouldn't take up so much real estate in the van and house (no offense, Katie). Thus far we couldn't be happier, mind you we haven't taken him out for a run on the trails yet...he might fall into a footprint in the snow and disappear! He's a little cannon ball in the house though.

Now...you, over there.... stop smirking about Poodles :) .....did you know that the reason they put those silly ribbons in their top knots was originally so duck hunters could see which dog in the water was theirs? And the pom poms (which Sammy as already made us SWEAR not to even think about for him...done), they were originally to protect various joints and vital organs from the cold water. No, I didn't know that either.

Okay, just one more schmarmy shot of Sammy ...in a sweater no less :D Tequila, I think we've got a future Search Dog here :D

IMG_0511-2.jpg

Edited by tangerineman

Wow... great pics of all the dogs! Sammy is so tiny looking and looks comfy in the sweater :blink: and I think that the look on Jake's face is so sweet. I love them all! :laughing: Makes me smile! It amazes me at how much they become part of our lives.

We have a geo-dog Joey! He is a border collie that absolutely loves being out on the trail! He cries if we do not take him with us. He always loves to lead the way when we are out searching and has made a few finds on his own!

Yes, to the Geodogs, of every size, shape and colour, who never seem to tire of geocaching!

Have you got a picture of Katie when she was caching, that you could post for us, tangerineman?

Last night I found myself needing to write some limericks. Today a friend reminded me that I once had cache with that theme so I was looking for some other examples to cite when I came across this and thought it fitting to post here. From Hamgran's log

For Blue...

My dog, he likes running and dashing,

Through the mud and the muck he'll go splashing.

Nothing's better to him

Than a walk on a whim -

That's why he loves geocaching!

- hamgran and Blue the Trusty Geodog

:D BQ