Garmin TOPO or the Open Streetmap ones.....

wondering whether to buy GB Topo or download the Open Street maps. I've not tried the free maps before.
Since they're free, why not download the OSM Garmin maps and try them a while. You can always remove them again if you decide you'd rather have GB Topo...

Edit to add, if you're heading to very remote areas, you might want to check the OSM website to see what the coverage is like in that area. OSM data can still be a little patchy in some remote spots so check before you rely on it. It's getting filled in at a remarkable rate though :anicute:

Edited by JeremyR

Doing the West Highland Way in May / June and I've got a 60CSx. I've got Metroguide Europe, but was wondering whether to buy GB Topo or download the Open Street maps. I've not tried the free maps before.

Also are there any must do caches along the Way?

Thanks

The WHW is so well marked that you don't actually need a map, but of course always best to be safe than sorry.

There are quite a few caches along the route, best to do a PQ from my WHW Caches Along a Route or you could use FFB's Bookmark List either way I hope you enjoy your trip. :anicute: