Newest in UK search now only available by region

Is it just us or has the facility to search the whole of the UK for new caches gone? :laughing:

It now seems that if we want to know what events are published, we will have to search each region seperately or do a pocket query - neither of which are ideal. We already have our notifications set to the maximum distance, but it's not enough to catch the whole of the UK. The web site clearly says "Select a state and/or country to search " but it seems impossible to do one without the other.

It's not just you. The 'All' option has vanished from the Newest in UK page. I can't see an easy way around the 'what events are coming up' problem you describe- it's what I used that page for too. PQs aren't a solution for non Premium members, and a region by region search seems a bit dumb when it worked fine as it was. I can't think of a reason why it needed to change, so perhaps it's one of those coding oversights that pop up once in a while and will get fixed. I hope so :laughing:

...Indeed, to implement it when only a small minority of UK caches have the region added seems to me to be madness.
You have to remember this is a search for new caches, and all new caches have to have a region listed before you can even offer them for review, so that's not a problem. Still a pain though :laughing: Edited by Simply Paul
...Indeed, to implement it when only a small minority of UK caches have the region added seems to me to be madness.
You have to remember this is a search for new caches, and all new cached have to have a region listed before you can even offer them for review, so that's not a problem. Still a pain though :laughing:

Especially when they have the wrong region chosen! I never really used the option I just have a pocket query set up for those with 100 miles of home and use the map to see where they are.

I think it's been repaired - I just went to the 'Advance Search', and did a search for Events, under United Kingdom ... and the -Search All- selection is back. I've got the full list of published events, in all regions :(

Would someone else like to just check it's working for them too? (Just before I go 'Yipeee!', only to find that it still isn't working somewhere else...)

MrsB :anicute:

Would someone else like to just check it's working for them too? (Just before I go 'Yipeee!', only to find that it still isn't working somewhere else...)

Yep, works for me too. Note that when I went via the link posted at the top of the thread it was still exhibiting the 'broken' behaviour, but navigating to the search page without using that link brought back the -- search all-- option, maybe something to do with cached pages in the browser.

I think it's been repaired - I just went to the 'Advance Search', and did a search for Events, under United Kingdom ... and the -Search All- selection is back. I've got the full list of published events, in all regions :(

Its not working for me, i still have to check via area - and when you booked to go to 4 events nxt week its a right faf